screen flickers to windows and back to game

• Every time the game first loads, or when I try to go to my desktop, the screen flickers back and forth. Usually, the game portion will just be a black screen with the D3 cursor then it will flicker either white or grey. It goes back and forth like this for anywhere from 3 seconds to a full minute or more. I'm also having lag issues in game where I am jerky and running slowly. Please help me fix my settings!
  • Hi there trigger,

I looked over this and have a few ideas on how we can get this to work. First thing I would like to try is just resetting the game settings.

If that does not help, I would like to have you post your DxDiag here for us to offer more steps. Many steps depend on GPU and OS build. :)

DxDiag

Please post a DxDiag:
      1) Press Windows Key + R.
      2) Type DxDiag and press Enter.
      3) In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
      4)Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
      5) Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.

/Nathardrick
  • Hi again trigger,

The Flashing at the start of the game may not be something we can resolve here. It happens for me at home too. But after that initial flash the game is fine. In this case, if the lag is anything other than latency, it may be due to temps or that the computer is 2 generations below min specs.

You have a IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® Processor B960 that has a second generation Graphics.
    Minimum Requirements ask for a Intel fourth generation Graphics.

As this is the case, I would set the computer to run in a selective startup. This will reduce the system resources in use while you play.

/Nathardrick