D3Prefs.txt missing

• Cant get it back for nothing have tried all the things on the forums nothing is working. and I have noticed since I lost it I'm getting this horrible stutter now.
    using core I7 6700k cpu and a gtx 1070 graphics and got 32 gb 2133 ram and its on a ssd.
  • komakoz,

You can try creating the file manually or if it was simply deleted restoring it from the recycle bin.
    To manually create it you will open notepad and save a txt document as D3Prefs.txt, you will then save it in My Documents in the D3 folder.

If it still will not stay then you are going to want to submit a ticket with your system files so we can take a look. A lot of times when this happens its due to security software being extra zealous or permissions issues.

~ Zayssie
  • komakoz,

I would add that you make sure you're looking in the right place for the file. It's going to be in your Documents\Diablo III folder, not in the Diablo III game folder. If the file is not present there, launching the game should be creating a new one with defaults for your detected hardware.
  • komakoz,

I haven't had a chance to play around with this Windows feature yet but you'd want to add the Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\X64\Diablo III64.exe file as the app to have rights to modify the Documents\Diablo III folder I'd think.