Will there still be 99,9% of items useless?

• I don't see it addressed at all in loot 2.0 /RoS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is one of main flaws of Diablo3, after finding 0,1% of best items, 99,9% are weaker, and so, worthless, useless.

Is it gonna change in RoS or we still won't find anything useful after a month?

EDIT: Generally weaker =/= useless !

Flawless square gems are weaker than ones we wear, but that doesn't make them useless.
    In same way, something can be done to items so they aren't useless when weaker.

EDIT2: Example: (stupid one, made up in few minutes):

You can merge two items of same type, into one with stats slightly better than one of those two.
    This way, worse item is still worse, but it is not useless, because it can be used to improve your current item. In effect, all items of type we use are desirable, and so, useful.

This example show that it is possible to make most of items useful all the time.
    It shows that problem CAN be fixed, it's only up to Blizzard to do anything that would fix it.
  • Loot 2.0 is following a "less is more" philosophy and I think that a lot of people will find that it will feel like a nice improvement to the game. That being said, we should never forget that this is a Diablo game, which means that it is about hunting for loot and as such the loot will never stop dropping :-)

As in the previous Diablo games, gear upgrades will become less frequent over time as your character progress and acquires better and better gear. At some point around the time when your character is all maxed out and fully equipped with great legendaries, you will be more likely to find a good sidegrade than a good upgrade, but thanks to loot 2.0 as well as the Mystic, you will have some more interesting options to adjust and improve your gear.

Once loot 2.0 is out, drops will be less "spammy" than they are currently, and the loot that will drop will more likely be something that you can find some use for, even if it is just for enchanting or transmogrification.
  • 29/08/2013 06:27Posted by Skyqula
    Once loot 2.0 is out, drops will be less "spammy" than they are currently, and the loot that will drop will more likely be something that you can find some use for, even if it is just for enchanting or transmogrification.

Transmogrification will work on legendary's right? (looks at dyes)

That has still to be determined, so I'm afraid I cannot give you an answer to this question just yet. There are a lot of items in the game, so the developers have a lot of stuff to parse through before they are able to decide on which items will be eligible for transmogrification to begin with.

• Since Vaneras is around i have a quick question: Loot 2.0 and the new level cap will come at the same time right!?

The current plan is that loot 2.0 and other major system changes will come in a patch sometime before the expansion (exactly when has yet to be determined), but the new level cap will require the expansion.
  • Hehe.. I think you missed (or skirted) the implied question..

Dyes on Legendaries. When!?

Haha, no. That was not actually what I was asking for :P

I was merely pointing out that they are anouncing a new feature before they have even properly fixed an already existing feature. And as such, was wondering wether they are doing it right this time or if they are simply wasting time.

Well, I know our artists are quite passionate about character customization, so I do not think they are wasting their time. The issue right now is though, that there are still so many things that are being worked on and as such have yet to be set in stone, and that makes it really hard to provide specific answers to questions like these at this point in time.