Season 21 introduces the Trial of Tempests theme! For the duration of Season 21, your character will occasionally (every 90 seconds) channel an elemental power which unleashes into the environment for a limited time. These elemental powers are:
- Rain meteors from the skies around you.
- Breathe lightning.
- Summon a wall of flame.
- Release twisters of pure energy.
- Crush your foes under the weight of rolling snowballs.
Season 21 begins on Friday, July 3rd at 5:00pm in each region. Season 21 goes live on all Consoles world wide at 5:00pm PDT, the same time as PC in North America. For timezone conversion, visit this site!
Table of Contents
- Season 21: Trial of Tempests
- Discord Server
- Haedrig's Gift & Seasonal Rewards
- Seasonal Conquests
- Season 21 Starter Guides
- Level With A Cause
- Challenge Rift Week 158
- Patch 2.6.9 Notes
Join us on our Discord server! It's the perfect place for finding people to group with, get your questions answered, and stay up to date on the latest news! You can join our server by clicking on the banner below, or by going here!
If you don't use Discord you're missing out, but you can also find people to play with by using our forums!
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Seasonal Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!
The set you will receive depends on the class of the character you’re playing when you open each Haedrig’s Gift. To collect a full Class Set, you’ll need to open all three on the same character.
Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 21:
- Barbarian – Might of the Earth
- Crusader – Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter – The Shadow's Mantle
- Monk – Monkey King's Garb
- Necromancer – Grance of Inarius
- Witch Doctor – Rainment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard – Firebird's Finery
In Season 17, Blizzard began re-introducing previous Seasonal rewards to make them available to players who may have missed them the first time around. This means that for Season 21, awards originally available from Season 9 are returning to the Season Journey.
Blizzard is continuing to provide new End of Journey rewards as was introduced in Season 17, with two new cosmetic rewards for those who complete the entirety of the Season Journey. These rewards will be the Stupendous Contraption pet and the Industrial Portrait Frame.
Want to prepare your Conquests plans for Season 21? Here are all the conquests you'll face this season!
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Lose Yourself: Kill the Skeleton King at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
Any players looking to level quickly and get the best start to Season 21 should browse the selection of starter guides from various content creators below! If you're looking for a level 1 blood shard gambling guide, AlexRaEU previously posted a comprehensive spreadsheet on the r/Diablo Subreddit!
Season 21 Class Starter Guides from Bluddshed:
Ultimate Seasonal Starter Guide:
Seasonal Leveling Guides:
Master theory-crafter sVr recently uploaded a very advanced leveling strategy last season that utilizes Necromancers, Cursed Chests, and huge killstreaks to reach level 70 in just over 50 minutes. We do not suggest this method for new players, and only players looking to min-max their leveling experience with like-minded players should try this. This method was made slightly easier in Season 21 due to the increased damage to Corpse Explosion and the Grasps of the Essence. Additionally, diabloseasons.com is a great resource for any average player looking reach level 70 quickly!
Level With A Cause (#LWAC), a coalition of streamers from the Diablo 3 community, will be uniting once again for a charity fundraising event during the first three days of the Season 21 opening weekend in Diablo 3. This marks the team’s 11th event over the last few years. Several Diablo 3 community members will be holding live-streams during this weekend in support of this charity drive. During these live-streams, viewers will be able to donate to the SaveTheChildren charity organization.
Level With A Cause was founded prior to the start of Season 11 of Diablo 3 and has been a mainstay of the opening weekend of each new season since that time. The LWAC team has raised over $60,000 to date for deserving charities such as Save The Children, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and Take This. LWAC hopes to continue to grow and raise even more money for charities in the future. If you are a streamer looking to participate, more info can be found on the LWAC website. As a viewer, you can simply search for LWAC within stream titles on Twitch during the July 3rd to 5th event.
In the U.S. and around the world, Save The Children gives children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, they are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. They do whatever it takes to save children, transforming their lives and the future we share.
You can donate to the Level With a Cause charity event here!
Challenge Rift - Week 158
Challenge Rift Week 158 is live! Because Season 21 begins this Friday, we advise that you DO NOT complete the challenge rift until after you've made your seasonal character! This week the Challenge Rift features three different Wizard builds! Note: The Challenge Rift in the Asia region is still displaying 157, and we will update it to 158 once it changes. If you are curious how Challenge Rift builds are chosen each week, you can view this official blog post!
Patch 2.6.9 added two new class sets to the game! Gears of the Dreadlands is a new Demon Hunter set with a focus on Strafe and Primary Skills, and Masquerade of the Burning Carnival is a new Necromancer set with a focus on Simulacrum and Bone Spear!
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Official Post)
Below you will find the final patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.9. Changes specifically from the last version of the PTR have been highlighted in RED.
- New Demon Hunter Set: Gears of Dreadlands
- 2-Piece Bonus
- Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, at a maximum of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum.
- 4-Piece Bonus
- Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum.
- 6-Piece Bonus
- Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage
- Leonine Bow of Hashir
- Bolas have a
30%100% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards, and also deal 100-150% increased damage.
- Emimei's Duffel
- Bolas now explode instantly and deal 150-175% increased damage.
- The Ninth Cirri Satchel
- Hungering Arrow
has 20-25%is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage.
- Odyssey's End
- Enemies snared by your Entangling Shots take
20-25%100-150% increased damage from all sources.
- Hunter's Wrath
- Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal
45-60%150-200% increased damage.
- Holy Point Shot
- Impale throws 2 additional knives and deals 75-100% increased damage.
Developer's Note:With the adjustments coming in for a few past Necromancer sets and abilities, we will continue to evaluate the performance of the new set this season and may make additional adjustments in future seasons if we believe they are necessary.
- New Necromancer Set: Masquerade of the Burning Carnival
- 2-Piece Bonus
- Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die.
- 4-Piece Bonus
- While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well.
- 6-Piece Bonus
- Your Bone Spear deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus.
- Grasps of Essence
- When an exploded corpse damages at least one enemy, Your Corpse Explosion deals
75-100%150-200% increased damage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Haunted Visions
- Simulacrum now drains
5%1% of your maximum life every second and lasts twice as longforever. They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage.
- Razeth's Volition
- Skeletal Mage gains the effect of the Gift of Death and Singularity runes. You gain 35-60% damage reduction if your Essence is not full.
- Jesseth Arms
- 2-Piece Set Bonus: While your skeletons are commanded to attack a target, you deal 400% increased damage.
- Grace of Inarius
- 4-Piece Set Bonus: Bone Armor grants an additional
2%3% damage reduction per enemy hit.
- Pestilence Master's Shroud
- 6-Piece Set Bonus: Each corpse you consume grants you an Empowered Bone Spear charge that increases the damage of your next Bone Spear by 3300%. In addition, Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by
- Shield of Fury
- This effect may stack up to
- Stone of Jordan
- Added power: Each of your elemental's damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill.
- Reaper's Wraps
- Added a 2-second internal cooldown to the Health globe effect.
- Mantle of Channeling
- Now works with the Necromancer's Siphon Blood.
- Convention of Elements
Added "non-static" to the wording of the legendary power's description. The functionality is unchanged
These will now warp to the Necromancer if they begin to move too far away from the player. This only works if the Necromancer is wearing the Masquerade of the Burning Carnival set or Haunted Visions.
Simulacrums cannot use Grim Scythe (with Haunted Visions) or Skeletal Mage unless the Necromancer had either of those abilities while the Simulacrums were created.
No longer consumes pets.
Final Service now activates before Simulacrum's Self Sacrifice.
- Bone Prison
- Simulacrums now benefit from this passive skill.
- Simulacrums now benefit from this passive skill.
- Corpse Explosion
- Damage increased from 350% to 1050%.
- Witch Doctor
- Spirit Barrage
- The Spectres from the Phantasm rune no longer benefit from pet bonuses.
- Fixed an issue where Skeletal Mages were not attacking certain creatures
- PTR Specific:
- Note: The following issues were only live on the PTR, but we’re including the fixes here for visibility to indicate intended functionality on live.
- Seasonal effects no longer deal area damage.
- Seasonal buff resets if player exits and reenters a rift.
- Seasonal theme should no longer work in Set Dungeons.
- Fixed Maltorius' Petrified Spike dealing additive bonus damage instead of multiplicative.
- Fixed seasonal buff that sometimes may drop off whenever the player enters an invulnerable state.
- Changed seasonal buff to base its damage on the amount of kills. (not really a bug, more of a change)