Patch 2.6.7 Preview
Patch 2.6.7 is now on the PTR! The major highlights of this patch are new class sets for the Crusader and Monk, major balance changes for the Barbarian, and of course Season 19: The Season of Eternal Conflict. Please remember that since this patch is on the PTR, everything is still a work in progress. Balance changes are expected, but be sure to keep an eye on DiabloFans for the final patch notes before the patch goes live.
The new set for the crusader is the Aegis of Valor, which focuses on Fist of the Heavens as its primary ability. The Darklight flail was also adjusted to have 200-250% Fist of the Heavens damage on it.
- Aegis of Valor
- 2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens
- 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times
- 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 10,000%
The new Monk set is named the Patterns of Justice, and seeks to create a synergy between the Sweeping Wind and Tempest Rush skills. There are already several Tempest Rush items in the game which can be used with this set, but the majority of the damage currently comes from Sweeping Wind itself. The spirit stone Eye of the Storm has a new legendary power which doubles the damage of Sweeping Wind when it hits exactly one enemy. The Vengeful Wind fist weapon also gained 250-300% Sweeping Wind damage in addition to the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind being increased to a flat amount of 10, rather than the previous 6-7.
- New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice
- 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune
- 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times.
- 6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000%
Season 19 Preview:
Season 19 is the Season of Eternal Conflict. Completing the first 4 chapters of the Seasonal Journey will reward players with the portrait and pet rewards from Season 7; however, completing the entire seasonal journey will also reward players with a new portrait frame and Tyreal themed treasure goblin! The seasonal buff this time around is called Pandemonium, and will be available to all seasonal characters from level 1.
- For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds
- Each stack gives 0.05% movement speed and 0.1% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks)
- In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficulty or Greater Rift level:
- 15 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
- 30 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
- 50 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
- 100 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
- 150 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
- 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
- 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
- 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
- 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
- 1000 Kills: A large pentagram made of Fire Chains deals damage to all enemies who pass through it.
- Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group
What do you think of the new changes and items coming in Season 19? Let us know in the comments!