Blackrock: Known but Unknown Cards, Deck Spotlight: Budget Flurry Face Rogue
25% XP Boost, Upcoming Skins Preview: Sylvanas, Murky, Tassadar, New Mounts
Premade Filter Addon, Patch 6.1 Hotfixes - March 19, Blue Tweets, New Short Story
Reminder: check out our news post from earlier today with datamined information from the latest PTR Patch, as well as its official patch notes.
Season 2 Ending and Season 3 Starting in April
Today was quite a busy day for Diablo 3, a new PTR patch was datamined and pushed to the testing servers, and they revealed the planned dates for the ending of Season 2, and the beginning of Season 3. The current Season ends on April 5th, and Season 3 is expected to begin at April 10th.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)The time draws near, nephalem. New heroes have come and gone, Conquests have been conquered, Greater Rift levels have been crushed, and Leaderboards have been filled to the brim.If you haven't experienced the end of Season, there's a lot to know about what happens to your gear, progress, and characters. Don't fret! We're here to give you a full overview of what to expect and fill you in on the details of when the current Season will end and the next one will begin.Table of Contents:
Note that all heroes, rewards, and progress will convert to the appropriate non-Seasonal game mode. Any items, gold, Paragon experience, Achievements, Artisan levels or recipes, Stash space, and Blood Shards earned on Normal Seasonal heroes with transfer to your Normal non-Seasonal heroes when the season is over. Similarly, anything you’ve earned on Hardcore Seasonal heroes will transfer to your Hardcore non-Season heroes instead.
- Seasonal heroes will be converted to either non-Seasonal Normal or Hardcore mode heroes, as appropriate. There's no need to delete any characters to make room for them; your Seasonal heroes will continue to use the same slot they currently occupy in your roster after the rollover.
- Any gold you earn during the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes.
- Paragon Experience
- The total amount of Paragon experience earned is the amount that rolls over, not your raw total amount of Paragon levels gained.
- For example, if your Seasonal heroes reached Paragon 300, but your current non-Seasonal heroes are already Paragon 400, your new non-Seasonal Paragon level will still be less than Paragon 700 since higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn.
- Blood Shards
- Similar to gold, any Blood Shards you have available at the end of the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes.
- If your non-Seasonal heroes are currently at the Blood Shard cap, any Blood Shards you earn once the Season ends will temporarily ignore the cap. You can spend these at your leisure; however, note that you cannot pick up any additional Blood Shards untill you are below the current cap.
- Items that are currently equipped on a hero or that hero's inventory will stay on that hero as it moves to a non-Seasonal game mode.
- Items that are in your Seasonal stash will be sent through the in-game mail system to your non-Seasonal heroes. These items can be claimed by any non-Seasonal hero for up to 30 days from the time you first log in after the Season ends. To access these items, enter a game and hit the Mail icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen to open up your inbox.
- Artisan Progress and Recipes
- If your Seasonal Artisans are a higher level than your non-Seasonal Artisans at the end of the Season, their level will transfer to your non-Seasonal Artisans.
- Any recipes you have on your Seasonal Artisans that are not available to your non-Seasonal Artisans will be transferred as well.
- Shared Stash
- Any Shared Stash slots or tabs you purchase during a Season that are not currently available to your non-Seasonal heroes will be transferred accordingly.
- Any Achievements or Achievement progress made during the Season is automatically applied to your non-Seasonal Achievement profile. This happens in real time and does not require the Season to end first. Your Achievement point total is also updated appropriately throughout the Season.
- Season 2 Rewards
- All players who reach level 70 on a hero in Season 1 will unlock exclusive Boots and Pants transmogrification appearances. These appearances will unlock immediately upon hitting level 70 on a Seasonal hero, and will be available on Seasonal and non-Seasonal heroes alike (even before the Season concludes). To access your new appearances, simply visit Miriam the Mystic and open the Transmogrification tab.
- In addition, unique banner rewards will be available for those who go the extra mile and earn a few Achievements! Similar to the transmogrification rewards, these banner rewards will be available to all your characters immediately upon unlocking them. You'll receive the following based on the number of Achievement points you've netted:
- 100: Banner Shape
- 200: Banner Pattern
- 300: Banner Accent
- 400: Banner Sigil
right here on our website.
The non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboard will be unaffected by the end of Season and you’ll still be able to compete on them with your non-Seasonal heroes (including those who have just rolled over). These Leaderboards will be reset at a later date; we’ll have more information available as the end of the Era draws nearer!
Season 3 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
- North America: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. KST
For time zone assistance, click here. We look forward to seeing you in Season 3!
- North America: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. PDT
- Europe: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. CEST
- Asia: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. KST
Ready for the Rollover?How have you fared during Season 2? What was the highest Greater Rift you reached? Did you complete any Conquests? Any other exciting accomplishments to share? Let us know in the comments and prepare yourself — Season 3 is just around the corner!