[SPOILER] Blackrock Mountain Grim Guzzler / Coren Direbrew First Look
Heroes of the Storm Panel at Pax 2015
Mythic Blackhand Video, Mar 6 Hotfixes, Spirit and Bonus Armor, PAX Announcements
McCree & Zarya Hero Abilities & Screenshots, Gibraltar Map Preview
Play Your Way Stream Recap
This week's Play Your Way Thursday actually happened on Friday. We had a stream with community manager Nevalistis, software engineer Roger Hughston, Wizard expert Jaetch and PRFly, who crafted the "Pyrolisis" featured build. The summary contains a few random facts mentioned during the stream, and a few pieces of what's to come in future PTR patches. Check them out. The VOD is also up already.
Originally Posted by Blizzard
- Roger Hughston - first software engineer to participate in the PYW stream.
- Lots of skills in the builds that he actually worked on.
- Arcane Missiles uses the same coding as Disintegrate and Ray of Frost
- Its original idea was "missiles coming out and converging on a target"
- Since GRs were introduced, there will always be something that stands out.
- Also tracking all the builds' and items' power and tuning them to be "end-game viable", as they add more and more items, is incredibly hard.
- When tweaking Sets and Legendaries, the devs are generally looking for feedback on whether the way skills interact creates fun gameplay or not, as number tweaking can be done last (buffing or nerfing % numbers)
Future PTR Changes
- Sets will likely still change throughout the PTR - Delsere's mentioned
- Focus and Restraint will receive tweaks
- The thought process on removing Critical Mass was brought up by PRFly which lead them to talk about Obsidian Ring (cooldown ring) which will have tweaks in the next PTR patch
- Progress Globes on Normal Rifts are a bug - not intended
- Future changes to Tal Rasha's - increase buffs visibility when active, and increased duration
This Tuesday we will have the usual NA server maintenance and the game will be unavaiable from 5 to 9 AM PST. Make sure you don't have any farming runs scheduled for that time period.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)We will be performing maintenance beginning on Tuesday, March 10, at 5:00 AM PST and we expect it to be complete at approximately 9:00 AM PST. During this time the game and many web services will be unavailable.
Thank you for your patience.
Alkaizer GR 51
Alkaizer uploaded footage of him solo clearing a GR 51 with his Barbarian and achieving rank #1. You can see what kind of rift and guardian is generally better to achieve higher rankings with the class, and some pieces of useful gameplay if you watch closely - like how he optimizes damage to an elite mob by "using" small groups of trash mobs at a time, rather than hitting all of them at once. Check it out!