Deck Spotlight: Belcher Miracle Rogue, Top 5 Plays of the Week, This Week in Tournaments
Hero Rotation Update, Extended Maintenance Tomorrow, 64-bit Client Comes to Heroes of the Storm, Into the Nexus #19
Patch 6.0.2 PTR Testing has Begun!, Official Notes, Tanaan Stress Test on Sept 10
Patch 2.1 Legendary Drop Rates
After checking some posts and comparing the old and new drop percentages, we have assembled some useful observations for those not willing to go through every item to understand the general changes made. Note that some percentages are approximations (because they are different for each class) and that we used the Seasonal Torment Drops and Gamble section of the spreadsheet to check these.
- All class Set items have a higher chance of dropping now (for instance, Breastplate of Akkhan went from 6% to 10%)
- Most Seasonal Legendaries are uncommon (for example: Aether Walker is 7%, Vengeful Wind is 9%, Frydehr's Wrath is 9% -- Leonine Bow of Hashir and Remorseless are higher though, 19% and 16% respectivelly)
- Items that had no special affix and gained one with the patch were promoted to uncommon.
- Most immunity amulets have a rare ratio (0.7%). Countess Julia's Cameo, is still uncommon (4%) and Star of Azkarant is still the rarest (0.16%).
- Focus/Restraint demoted to common (0.5% -> 4%)
- Stone of Jordan upgraded to uncommon (4% -> 2%)
- Strongarm Bracers promoted to uncommon (12% -> 5.5%)
- Leoric's Crown promoted to uncommon (13% -> 6%)
- Wrath of the Bone King promoted to uncommon (19% -> 10%)
- Vile Ward restricted to Barbs and promoted to uncommon (16% -> 6%)
- Mask of Jeram promoted to uncommon (16% -> 9%)
- Sacred Harvester and Dagger of Darts are uncommon (7%)
- The Swami promoted to uncommon (24% -> 14%)
- The Grand Vizier promoted to uncommon (15% -> 6%)
- Uskang and Etrayu promoted to uncommon (20% -> 10%)
Keystone of Trials Beam
It appears the developers have listened to a complaint from the majority of players: how the Keystone of Trials emits the brown legendary beam when it drops. Travis Day posted that in a future patch the beam will be removed, and also for players to rest assured that the Keystone is not taking the place of a possible legendary drop.
Originally Posted by BlizzardLegendary Beam Removal
Why not just have it drop and have the brown text like forgotten souls, vital organs, and hellfire keys instead of a "legendary beam" and a star to indicate it on the map. Just seems a bit pointless especially with the frequency they drop in higher torments.Yeah Blizz should totally pull those beams so they stop trolling me. Someone should do something about this!
*Removes the beam in a future patch* (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Keystone and Other Legendary Drops
Count as a legendary drop taking away USEFUL drops from rift bosses?The keys are not part of the legendary drop table, they are entirely separate entries in the table and have no impact of any kind on whether or not you will get legendary items.
Also I'll be removing the beam from the keys in a future patch. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Experience Exploit Fixed
The bug used to exponentially increase the experience gained from Greater Rifts has been hotfixed. See the post below. Also, a blue post on the European forums (posted after it was hotfixed) say that they are still "investigating the issue", maybe suggesting that players could still be punished for exploiting the bug.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)The following hotfix is now live in all regions. There are no upcoming hotfixes to report at this time.
Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts:
- Experience gained from Greater Rifts is no longer inflated by the game mode difficulty (9/8)
Sentry Attackspeed Table
Official forum user Oscar put together a table (original thread) to easily check how Tasker and Theo affect your Sentries' attackspeed. The horizontal row is for the T&T's bonus pet attackspeed, and the vertical row is your DH's base attackspeed. Click the image for a larger version.
Yet Another Malthael Cosplay
Malthael cosplays never cease to amaze us with amazingly detailed armor pieces. Redditor voododoll posted images of the costume he used in Aniventure 2014. Some people doubted it was him, but for their disappointment, he has proof! He also explains in the post (easily checked in his post history as well) some of the techniques used for making the costume. Click the pictures for the full resolution!