The close of December is upon us once more and the holiday season is ripe for celebration. We would like to share with all of you our requests to the jolly fat man in red this year as they pertain to a certain Diablo III.
- Daemaro: I wish for Blizzard to release more information on how the new skill system will work soon.
- Don_guillotine: I wish that Blizzard would work their bottoms off to polish patch 1.13 some more and make the fifth class extremely interesting to complete the already interesting round-up.
- LinkX: I wish for a greater feel of all hell breaking loose in Diablo III. In Diablo II, it just seemed like we took our time. I want it to feel like if we don't defeat Diablo then the world is screwed. At the same time I want to feel like Heaven is also down our backs, waiting for us to kill Diablo for the final time so they can destroy us. In other words, I want all hell to break loose, and the heroes to not blindly fight what is viewed as bad, but to fight for balance in the world.
- Lt. Venom: I wish for Diablo III to be released in October 2010 and for more opportunities to use the Horadric Cube.
- MurderFace: I wish for a form of imbuing which allows you to develop your character's own set. The level of the item being imbued would determine how many enchantment slots it has, and there would be a diminishing return for repeated stat increases on the same item. Players could pick the color, model, aura (radiating light), and text color. The set would be named after the player, and they could only have one of each type of item (armor/weapon/amulet/ring) in their inventory.
- necronergal: I wish for a fun clan experience.
- Nyalite: I would wish for peace on earth for all mankind if this weren't a Diablo forum. With that in mind, the more carnage and destruction we get to see from Blizzard's creative team in the months to come will be quite sufficient.
- PhrozenDragon: I wish for a truly masterful story. A tale that will have you jumping with joy at one point and cursing at heaven and hell in the next. A tale that will give us memorable characters that will remain strong for years beyond Diablo III's life-span. A tale that will carry with it moments that still reverberate within us when we reinstall the game for the tenth time. A tale that weaves the worlds of Diablo together and finishes with a thunderous roar.
- Rykker: I wish for "desocketable" socketables, without destroying the item or socketables (as are the two choices in Torchlight... booooo).
- scyberdragon: I wish that the Witch Doctor gets a lot of attention this coming up year. Skills, machenima video, and armor concepts.
- Seth: I wish for the chance to enter an elemental plane like the Sorceress Habacalva did with her enchanted sword.
- Siaynoq: I wish for the Priests of Rathma and Viz'jaqtaar to have an important role in the story of Diablo III as neither the Necromancer or Assassin will be returning as a playable class. Both these factions make up a big part of what I love about the lore of Sanctuary and overall feel and aesthetic of the Diablo universe. I know there have been comments from developers about the Necromancers being featured in some way, I only hope Necromancers and Assassins manage to play a more integral role in the story and not just an accessory one.
- Sixen: I wish for a new age Cow Level and the return of the Chat Gem. Both will, of course, work as intended.
- Stormcat: I wish for a 2010 release and for the game to be a challenge even with godly gear.
- Zhar: I wish for runes that change the element a spell uses, as well as the color of the spell. Aesthetics and customization have always been an important feature for me, lets you make your character (or in this case, your skills) your own.
- Zhuge: I wish for more info about the remains of Mount Arreat and how it affects Diablo III.
I hope you enjoyed ours and that these gave you guys some ideas. Let's hear 'em!