Quote from baron01
I was very unhappy with my luck with drops to the point I seriously considered switching to gold find gear to farm gold. I would love to get a dedicated area to farming gold and gems to break the monotony of farming the same acts/areas over and over in hope of drop that may never come.
I would suggest to try spec like this for Nightmare or Hell--it should give you high mobility and effortless AOE killing. I read somewhere that gold drops are pretty much the same on Nightmare and Hell, therefore, it might be worthwhile to test it.
I would love to hear about your results when you get more tries in.
My idea about gold farming area would be as follows:
- Inferno only, lvl61+ monsters
- bot unfriendly, hard to navigate areas, challenging monsters
- only gold, gems and crafting pages.
- no patterns or recipes drops
- in order to make it attractive, there would be a chance to drop higher level gem than flawless square. Only flawless and radian star with corresponding drop chance of 6 affix ilvl63 item and legendary item for the later.
- I assume gold find would be directly impacting gem drop chance in those areas
1. Don't bot, you [redacted].
2. Gems of higher quality than flawless star don't drop, they can only be crafted.
3. I don't think there is any evidence that gold find affects gem drop rates.