- Registered User
Member for 8 years, 4 months, and 10 days
Last active Fri, Jan, 19 2018 08:58:21
- 0 Followers
- 102 Total Posts
- 2 Thanks
Oct 2, 2014Once you get your gear itemized properly, you will be doing a lot more damage with Blizzard (Apocalypse) and Hydra (Mammoth)... Usualy, in T6, I cast 1 blizzard on top of a pack of white mobs and they die before they reach the border of my screenPosted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
Elite packs, 1 Blizzard + 1 Black Hole (Blazar) and they're done for.... add Teleport (Whormhole) + Illusionist passive and it makes your bounties go really fast!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Sep 12, 2014Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
They don't crit. DoT damage in the likes of Firebird, Blizzard, Haunt, Locust Swarm, etc. deal normalized damage based on your CHC and CHD.Quote from Junotekh
They do crit, but they tick like *50 times in a second, and it only shows you the damage once every second. All those *50 ticks would need to crit for it to appear as a crit. (*random number, probably much higher)
Firebird DoT value = (30) * (0.8) * ((MinDmg+MaxDmg)/2) * (1+INT/100) * (1+CHC*CHD/10,000) * (Buffs)
It deals flat damage, period, every time, depending on your stats, modified by buffs/debuffs you apply. Firebird doesn't tick 50 times a second (nor does it tick random times per second). It deals 3000% weapon damage per second with damage displayed at 0.8-second intervals.
Not all DoTs tick at the same rate. Blizzard ticks 5-20 times per second over 6 seconds and displays damage every 0.8 seconds. Non-Wicked Wind ETs tick 13 times over 6 seconds. Frozen Mist ticks 27 times over 8 seconds. On and on and on.
Not sure where you pulled your info from, but... wrong.
Jul 31, 2014Alka posted a message on Stinger of Souls ( my entry for Blizzard RoS contest)This depiction of a demon huntress was my entry for the Blizzard contest prior to release of RoS. Unfortunately it didn't make it through finals..Posted in: Fan Art
I just wished to share it with the DH class fans. Please feel free to comment..
Jul 29, 2014Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
You're going to need a high paragon, top end, fine tuned, maximized wizard to do any sort of carrying in high Torment levels. Wizards are just not that cut out for sustained high burst damage throughout a given farming session. You either do less sustained damage over time (much longer kill times) or burst quickly (but with limitations like cooldown or EHP issues). Wizards really shine in low to mid Torment levels right now.
If someone wants to quickly gear up a wizard, it's easy to run a more cookie-cutter high DPS character like Pet/Jade doctor, shotgun crusader or Marauder DH and gamble the Blood Shards on a wizard. Otherwise, it'll take patience and a lot of hard work and time invested.
May be a different story in Patch 2.1, so time will tell.
Jul 28, 2014Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
Do you mind sharing your profile? I would love to try the spec out. As of now with what I'm doing I'm unable to do it on my wizard so I'm looking for suggestions on builds that can.Quote from wowaccounttomif you cant comfortably clear T5 with only 2 extra people, it clearly suggest you are aiming too high. Heck, I can clear T6 (and level 30ish GR) with 3 sitting their butts in town.
Change to T1 (Personally, I would say Hard mode but then people would just think I am trolling), tell the lazies to gear up a bit and at least to help with the CC so you can dps.
carrying 2 ppl on my other classes? no problem except for monks and wizards atm for me.....so I would love to hear any suggestions
Jul 18, 2014Posted in: Diablo III General DiscussionWe actually know what it will bring, it will bring Gems, Seasons, Grifts, Season only legendaries.. they won't make a 180° on these 4 key aspects of the patch. The details like balancing etc. we don't know yet but the important stuff we know already.
So in terms of content patch 2.1 beats all previous patches by a large margin, no questions asked.
We know what it brings, but it's too early to tell if those things will improve the game for me personally.
- Seasons: I'm not interested. If they introduce some absolutely awesome, jaw-dropping season-only legendaries 2.1 might be a fail for me because I might feel forced to play a game mode I don't like. If season-only legendaries stay as they are now on PTR, I'm fine.
- Greater Rifts: Looking great, but how do they feel if you run them for the 100th time on life? Will it be balanced to be great for people who are stuck on GR30, but also add excitement for those that get to GR70 regularly? Will they make every other aspect of the game look boring and everyone feels compelled to run GR only? Really, right now the reward structure for GRs is off, Blizzard acknowledged that. I'm confident they'll get it right but again - too early to tell.
- Gems: Absolutely awesome, no doubt. But how does it feel a few months later; sockets in jewelry so necessary that you discard of lots of jewelry, just like you threw away non-socket weapons before we knew of Ramaladni's Gift? Will some of the "infinitely upgradeable gems" break the game and make seasons/leaderboards feel pointless? I see lots of red flags in there if they don't cap all gems, to be honest.
- Balancing: Many people are excited about the upcoming wizard changes that were datamined yesterday. I'm somewhat excited as well, but not completely convinced. We might be balanced in terms of damage, but wizards have no truly game-changing set bonuses (like all other classes, just think of Marauder, Akkhan, or EQ set). Our sets are just a damage buff that does not enable new builds, but rather restricts the way we gear/spec. More on that in the wizard forums. I'm deeply concerned that the wizard is moving to a direction that makes me switch my main class in 2.1.
The announced features of 2.1 are the biggest in quantity of any patch (besides 2.0.1/RoS) of course. There's a huge chance that they'll improve the game. But for me personally, as I'm not interested in seasons, leaderboards, and all this e-peen crap as well as being forced to restart my character from time to time, there's also a chance that this patch turns the game into a direction I personally dislike.
Therefore, it is too early to tell if 2.1 is the best patch ever.
Jul 14, 2014What's up with the derogatory terms for modes you don't consider pro enough? I've seen it quite often lately.... Jeez, can't other people have different gameplay without being labeled as noobs and scrubs?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
By the way, as other said, there will be new Legendary items each season that will be dropped on normal as soon the new ladder will begin, so players not partecipating will get the new stuff too.... with a bit of delay.
Jun 11, 2014sOFrOsTy posted a message on Wizard Current State [Tal'Rasha & Vyr] Fire-Arcane-ColdI have to very strongly disagree with your post about Tal's 4 set bonus specifically. For YOU, it may be cosmetic. But for ME, I do run a meteor build and it works with tals quite well. +30% meteor damage + max damage % bonus to any of the 4 elements will result in main element hitting for 35m + 2m per seconddot for 3 seconds (unless lightning then 8 seconds). The other 3 meteors hit for 15m with 1m per second dot for 3 seconds (except fire which has lower damage over time than the other 3 but hits more times for 6-7m). So lets just do some fun math. For 0 arcane power, every 8 seconds I can do 100m damage to any enemies in the group. Then factor in the utities which you failed to mention comets. Comet has a 20% chance to freeze, and a 100% chnce to slow. Lightning bind has a % chance based on ur crit to immobilize all mobs for 8 seconds. The other 2 runes are just pure damage. Then we add in the 3 piece bonus, +100 all res and AP regen. Then +5% damage for the 2 piece bonus. This set is a power house in torment 6, you just have to learn how to use it.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
Even subtracting 30% meteor damage if you don't want to focus on those drops, you still would be getting a total of 60-75m free are ofeffectdamage every 8 seconds. I would love for you to convince me that this set is useless and used only because we cant equip something else. Also you described Archon as the only damage dealing skill. Credibility for your whole analysis is a out the window on that one. And, to make matters worse, Blizzard has already stated numerous times that class buffs are on the way as well as buffs to class sets. So I fail to see the point of your entire, mostly inaccurate, rant.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.