What is the Sprinter Guide?
A detailed, printable guide that gives you all you need to know -- right when you need it -- to smash the Sprinter and Speed Racer conquests.
What's in the Sprinter Guide?
There are five main sections:
- Runner Guide -- (just the essentials, including maps and key reminders)
- Town Camper Guide -- (detailed enough that even a monkey wouldn't mess it up)
- Explanatory Notes -- (explainging how to understand and use the Guides, tips for builds, tricky maps, etc)
- Comprehensive Runner Guide -- (all the detail for every step, to help learn where you're going wrong)
- Time Record -- (to help analyse what went wrong, and for posterity)
The Explanatory Notes include separate sections for Runners, the Town Camper, and Everyone.
Do I Need to Read the Whole Sprinter Guide?
You can skip straight to the Guide you'll need during the run. The Town Camper should print the Town Camper Guide and the Time Record. Runners should print just the Concise Runner Guide. Everyone should skim read some of the Notes, to make sure they understand the Guides, and to pick up any Tips they may not have seen.
Where Can I Download the Sprinter Guide?
The quick link is goo.gl/dsru6o (mouse over the link to see the full destination).
You can download the whole guide (and just print the bits you need), or download the individual sections.
I apologise about the two extra clicks for the larger files -- free web hosts...
What's Changed Since Version 3 of the Sprinter Guide?
- A one-page introduction and Table of Contents.
- Reordered the sections so you can jump straight into the Runner and Towner guides.
- Numerous tweaks, especially to increase the number of Boss Events that everyone joins.
- More notes on tricky sections.
- A token nod to possible Necromancer builds.
What's Next for the Sprinter Guide?
This will probably be the last version I produce.
But I do have some ideas for further improvements. This includes (in rough order of priority):
- Using GameFAQs to host the files, so every download link is direct.
- Adding stylised maps for Act 5, to replace the coloured arrows.
- Adding more colour cues to the Town Camper Guide.
- HTML versions of the main guides.
- CSS overhaul of my website (it'll never happen: too boring).