Member for 5 years, 10 months, and 25 days
Last active Mon, Sep, 16 2019 07:34:54
- 2 Followers
- 1,001 Total Posts
- 98 Thanks
May 30, 2014Armory with spec on sig.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
I can run t6, but it's not optimal - t4 is easy, t5 is the sweet point between speed and challenge. It's all due to badly rolled pieces/not optimized gear for the spec, if i manage to get new gear to roll the correct stats on, t6 should be more than simply doable.
May 30, 2014Just saying this - having a huge HP pool doesn't mean anything if you take full damage from abilities.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
Mitigation is basicaly mandatory - you should aim to have 70% dmg reduction from AR and armor before entering high difficulty levels.
This is easily achievable through Awareness - Perfectionist - Boar pet. With 4 mara and a good chunk of AR you don't need Perfectionist, and Awareness just makes sure you don't need to roll Armor as affix.
May 28, 2014Sharpshooter boosts the dps number just because it stacks your crit chance to 100% - that bonus is reset for every crit you do. So that is a fake dps.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
About Ballistic - yes, you can use it but you need to focus on one of the two - in your build you have half abilities that benefit form one and half from another, and you don't actually need them all. Also Grenades do less damage because they are a generator, and until you get some good gear you're going to use a generator for a long time if not forever. Use the grenades that give you 6 hatred - you will use them less and spam more CA/MS.
May 28, 2014Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
First of all, you have a too low hp pool. Focus to reach at east 400k if you want to go up T4/5. Boots/Bracers could get a goot VIT affix, but i suggest you search for better bracers/legs.
PAssives are just a mess You don't need both Grenadier/Ballistic - focus on one (suggested Grenadier). Sharpshooter is a crap of ability. Get Blood Vengeance, Perfectionist and Awareness and you should be way more resilient to monsters.
Last, you don't need 2 spenders - ditch Multishot and take Smoke Screen/Healing Vapors, a great tool to save you.
May 28, 2014Grenade builds work pretty good - the fact is that you're basically set up using Grenades as generator and many don't like them (don't know why, imho they're very effective due to the aoe) and the rest of the build is nothing different than a standard LfB build.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
The passive will make better also other abilitise like CA/Cluster bombs or even Rapid Fire, but they suffer a bad aim mechanic and many find them just clunky. Vengeance/personal Mortar blends really well with a fire/grenades build, but Seethe is slightly better due to the increased hatred regen.
I run for some time with a Grenadier build, but still there are others that have been proven more effective.
EDIT: i wouldn't bother with turrets with a grenadier build. Just use Smoke Screen imho.
May 26, 2014Ok, maybe some of you already noticed, but i started to close threads with or without notice, depending on the topic.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
Baseline: new accounts made just for posting "HEY GUIZE CHEK MY AWESOME VIDEO" are just blatant baits for YT subscrptions and are NOT tolerated. They are just spam and don't contribute at all to the forum health.
If you have to just post a video of you playing, there's a sticky for that - that way you laos have guaranteed visibility since the sticky isn't going anywhere.
If this starts to go out of control, i'll start deleting threads.
EDIT: Twicth and other stream threads are not an exception.
May 23, 2014Ok, this thread is for us to discuss and propose what class changes we would like to see for the next 2.1 patch. A couple of guidelines to keep the thread tidy and useful for everyone:Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
- don't just write "buff this and that skill"
- detailed info on mechanic changes are welcome
- it's better to focus on 2/3 single points in detail than to write a line for every single skill/passive
- try to be short and straight-to-the-point (and i know i'm not good at that :3)
- i don't think it was clear enough - but i meant DH related things; not "fix X class/Y set"
- Ballistic/Grenadier and fire/physical synergies: we have a lot of mix-up about them, with missile skills being half fire, half physical and widely used fire skills (read: LfB) that scales with grenadier. Imho just make order and put missile skills all physical, put fire skills scale with grenadier in more situations (we have a dedicated generator too).
- Generators need a revamp - apart some very specific case, 99% of demon hunters use the 6 hatred ones, because the resource generation outweights a lot the actual damage of the skill. A "crusader treatment" (all generators give same amount of hatred) would make resource management for the class better and streamilined, while also opening a lot of options.
- Chakram is bad and works bad. Theoretically it's good, with a very low cost and "spammability"; anyway, it's path and actual aoe is really bad, with a lot of blind spots. To solve this, a bigger hitbox is needed (with a corresponding graphic). Also, runes need a rework: serpentine is the only ok one, with a decent "straight" path - other runes may include a short-range cone, a fixed # of hits one, a "bouncing" one. Shuriken cloud is a neat concept, but melee DH needs more support and it's an entirely different topic.
May 22, 2014Lacking elemental damage can hit you quithe harshly - it's a flat dmg increase and even if the tooltip number is low, it's just because it's not counted into it.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
For the rest, a look at his gear would be more than helpful; it's not recommended to run with 1h xbow/quiver setup since it's less optimal, but it all depends on what he has his hands on - a good rolled 1h is better than a bad rolled 2h. Also until he doesn't tackle higher torment his setup can vary a lot.
May 22, 2014Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
That's not true. Equipping different weapons make my turrets spam spenders faster/slower - at least it's what i found and personally what i expected the turrets to do. My profile is on sig, my farming speed is the same with a good rolled Buriza or with my currently equipped weapons - i keep the DW setup because of more hp only.Quote from fromage2323Person in my clan went with a high end Arcane Barb. The thing he said was with 6 piece bonus, the sentries no longer scale with attack speed, and instead scale with pet attack speed, like on Tasker and Theo. Mathematically speaking i think a higher base dmg would compile to better DPS in that scenario. Take this with a grain of salt though, cuz i have no 6 piece bonus to test.
My tests are just a drop in the oceans and don't represent proof. 2h are more efficent because of bigger hits and better burst innately; a double green socket and/or the Calamity special may offset that.
May 21, 2014Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
Base gear is good - you have what you need to run the spec properly; still too many items with not perfect rolls/stats and just waiting for an upgrade. First two that come to my mind are the amulet and the RoGR which had both socket and a crap stat you rerolled to base damage.
Just farm for better rolls - you're just that far to jump up difficulties.
May 20, 2014Sockets are a prerequisite for chest/legs pieces. Skill damage is good, but sockets are way better.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Aug 16, 2017TrueColdkil posted a message on Patch 2.6.1 PTR Notes - New Items and Significant Item ChangesPosted in: News
Power creep at maximum levels.
Jun 27, 2016TrueColdkil posted a message on PTR Patch 2.4.2 Hotfixes, End-Game Group Meta & Upcoming ChangesPosted in: News
Imho the issues are pretty well explained.
- supports are not toxic by themselves, but the fact they actually provide more damage than a single dps is extremely broken. You choose support because you can do more damage than with a full dps setup; this is simply wrong - supports should be a tradeoff from damage to utility and not utility + more damage.
- tied to point above, room for only 1 dps makes all specs useless but the #1.
- third, and frankly most important, supports are all about healing and pulling. Healing makes people simply facetank everything (which is boring) and massive pulling leads to the extreme lag that makes other potentially competetive builds completely unusable. Example, for this season fire EA/Mara6 DH had a damage comparable to Wizard, but the immense amounts of ground dots makes the build not feasible.
Less supports would lead to a more dynamic gameplay and possibly less server issues that are 99% due to having insane monster density in a single place. Then it would be a matter of balacing sets to make more options viable, as you all know that reached a ceratin level Rift density and comp matter more than everything else.
As Zero said, 2dps+tank+sup is a definitely more interesting setup. ideally imho a 3dps+supp/tank should be the norm (utility of grouping mobs shouldn't be killed, only made less relevant/reliable).
Jun 10, 2016Posted in: News
More than broken, it doesn't actually adds much to the table apart a huge dmg increase with the 2pc. Impale needs definitely some love, but making it a single huge it doesn't improve anything of the skill itself.Quote from Dunkelvieh
Yeah, the design of the shadow set is completely broken. The 4pc is almost doing nothing and the 6pc is completely useless if you want to clear any high grift in a reasonable time.
There are so many possibilities, but blizz always fails in implementing them.
no matter, i will continue and try to find alternative builds. i just dislike the "fixed meta" that the community upholds as some kind of holy grail ...
About the meta: there would be an awful lot to talk about. I'll just say that while meta exists, most players don't do a work like yours and just serach on YT for the "73528863520986529852+ GR speed build" and copy it. Usually because it comes for a famous guy (not taking anything away from the famous guy himself).
Jun 10, 2016Posted in: News
As Dunkelvieh wrote above, the fact it's better to run with 2Shadow than to use the full set means the 4pc and 6pc bonuses are next to useless. They may be fun because wing and huge hits, but in a high GR environment they're completely ineffective and inefficient.
Apr 17, 2015Posted in: News
I'm happy about the Trails removal - it only slowed the pace of the game.
However finding a good way to implement this is tricky; ideally you will have a unique reusable key that works like current ones:
- you can enter any greater rift of your key level or lower;
- you will be able to choose GR level based on your key level
- grift max level depends on who opens the portal first (like it is on live)
- you can leave the option to upgrade the gems if failed timer, since you won'tbe able to get to an higher GR than that
- this way you can still purposely choose lower level grifts just to upgrade gems easily.
The problem of trials was the farming of the keys themselves. A real like that still open to see how high you can reach could even still exist just for epeen reasons. Making the key permanent would solve allt he issues at once without downsides imho.
Jan 7, 2015TrueColdkil posted a message on Why Players Quit D3, Patch Soon?, GR 45 DH on 2.1.2That thread has some very good points running around, too bad it's flooded by people crying about pretty much everything.Posted in: News
I actually never quit D3, i just play less when i reach my self-put goals in game.
What would bring more players back? I can summarize it in two words: MORE VARIETY. More ways to farm, more events like uberbosses, more sets/legendary powers that will unlock more different builds/playstyles, and so on.
Basically most of the players want more/new stuff (myself included). I don't think the game is in a bad state right now, but i agree that running around when you've got you M6 completed by months and you're still missing that Witching Hour because it's more or less the only upgrade you've left is getting boring fast.
I don't mind the gear treadmill. the point is that a gear treadmill to be entertaining for a long time needs more gear.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.