What is The Greatest Rift?
- ultimate, hard solo content that test your skill not gear
- place of havoc and fun in very rng Diablo way
- Greater Rifts alternative, that is not competitive
- every aspect of TGR depends on affixes on TGR keys
- you can trade TGR keys with friends (keys scale down or up based on the highest GR completion of your friend)
What is so special in The Greatest Rifts?
- no Rift Guardian at the end
- you can only die 3 times, after that TGR will close itself
- after entering TGR you have 1min to change your gear and abilities, resets every death
- after death, you respawn immediately in town
- no time limit, however if you complete TGR in 10minutes you will be awarded with extra xp and loot
*bonus idea* when you die and go back to TGR you have limited time to run back to your corpses to click on it, if you don't do so, you will lose 1/3 of your final reward
How to get to The Greatest Rift?
- key to TGR drop from Greater Rift Guardians
- chance for drop depends on GR level, where 50gr gives 0% chance (for example 60gr will give 10% chance to drop TGR key)
- Greed's Domain has flat 25% chance to drop TGR key
What is so special about those TGR keys?
- keys have random affixes that will influence your experience in TGR, such as: type of map, density and type of monster and their additional powers
- the more key has affixes on it, the better the prizes will be at the end of TGR
- before you can use TGR key, you need to identified it first
^ Here is example of how TGR key would lookl ike, and below you can read why he would look like that.
>>TYPES OF MAPS<<
Maps would always have 1 level, there would be always more than enough enemies to finish TGR. Color of circumference of TGR key determines type of map.
White Maps (easy):
- vide open, big maps (for example Field of Misery, Desolated Sands)
Blue Maps (medium):
- moderately open, corridor type (for example Cathedral, Halls of Agony)
Yellow Maps (hard):
- brawl type maps, tight, toe to toe, enemies come from every angle from walls to fight you (for example Chamber of Suffering or any other arena that have boss in Story Mode)
>>TYPES OF ENEMIES<<
Color of fullfilment of TGR key determines type of monsters inside. In the middle of TGR key is number 1-5, which determines from which act monster will be.
White Monsters (easy):
- normal enemies, they do not have any affixes
- however they have up to 1 defensive or offensive bonus (such as 150% fire damage, 400% physical damage reduction etc.)
Blue Monsters (medium):
- have 1 defensive or offensive bonuses
- have 1 affix (old ones like fire chainer, and bunch of new others)
Yellow Monsters (hard):
- have 3 defensive or offensive bonuses
- have 1 affix
Keep in mind that elites and champions cannot spawn in TGR, also remember that bonuses and affixes are the same for all monsters, so if you have fire build and you get TGR key with 200%fire damage reduction on monsters, you rather want to change your build.
>>TYPES OF TRAPS AND ENVIRONMENT<<
The rarest of TGR have unique mechanics that will change your gameplay. Color of number in the middle of the key indicate if there will be something wrong with your TGR.
- normal The Greatest Rift
- not harmful
- ground traps (swamps that slow you down, slow time bubbles working only on you, tornadoes that steal your resources)
- harmful and not
- ground and/or air traps (damaging meteorites, moving flame walls, acid rain)
- everything that Yellow have
- 1 pernament limitation on character (for example -30% movement speed, locked and taken 50% of hp, abilities cost/recharge twice as much, take 3% damage of maximum health every 2s)
So the least rewarding and the most easy type of key would be white/white/white and the most rewarding and hard would be yellow/yellow/purple. Of course keys would have full description, but thanks to the colors you could sort their value fairly quickly.
The Greatest Rewards of The Greatest Rifts:
- the best rewards are for those who completed the hardest TGR and didn't die once and finished TGR before time limit
After completion of The Greatest Rift a big chest would spawn, inside which you could find (numbers below are just examples):
- a lot of exp and gold
- 5% chance for Ramaladni's Gift
- 100% chance for 1 ancient set item
- 50% chance for portal to Greed's Domain
- Urshi will always give you 40% chance to upgrade gem, no metter what level gem has (only 1 roll)
- 100 Death's Breath, normal, magic and rare crafting materials
- 20 legendary crafting materials (including meterials from bounties)
- 2000 Blood Shards (Kadala, Urshi and Blacksmith will spawn near chest)
- 2x more chance to drop The Greatest Rift Key in comparison to Rift Guardian from Greater Rift