This would make sense, I believe I do have 1000 of those.
I assume this is a bug? If not, that's totally broken.
- Registered User
Member for 7 years, 2 months, and 11 days
Last active Fri, Apr, 15 2016 23:57:47
- 17 Followers
- 1,520 Total Posts
- 235 Thanks
Feb 22, 2014Hi guys, I posted this on the D3 forums and thought I'd share it here too. With rumors of 2.0 being released less than 2 weeks from now, I did another PTR copy to test out the latest version of crafting.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
I put together this video for you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfvZRbE2YE
It’s about 50 minutes long because I wanted to show the process and explain some interesting finds and latest undocumented developments. I suggest you watch the whole thing (including the T1 facemelting near the end), but if you don’t have time here’s a summary:
- - Shoulder, chest, and bracer slots will be replaced almost immediately. BiS items in these slots on Live are worthless.
- - Shoulders: 300 main stat, 200 vit, need 1 more stat (AR/armor/life %) to make it better than anything out there now.
- - Chest: 300 main stat, 200 vit, just need 3 sockets and AR or armor and you have a GG equivalent.
- - Bracers: 300 main stat, all you need is crit and it’s better than 99% of items already. Doable in under 10 crafts. Add 200 vit + AR or armor and it’s BiS.
- - Gloves will take a bit longer. You need 2 out of 3 CC/CD/AS. AS is nerfed in 2.0 on 60 rares, so if you have trifecta gloves you may be wearing them for a while.
- - Amulets can’t (currently) be crafted in 2.0 because of the Forgotten Soul requirement (a higher end version of the Brimstone), so craft yourself a decent one now or buy one.
- - Weapons and offhands aren’t really worth it because your chance of getting a double damage roll + socket + CD is very slim. Most weapons roll around 800 dps – hardly worth it.
- - Demonic Essences appear to have a ‘conversion boost’. I did my PTR copy with around 600 and ended up with over 2000. Not sure if bug, Blizzard trolling, or legit, but that’s how it is right now.
- - White items salvage into 3-10 Common Debris. This is the new required material for crafting rares.
- - Load up on i63 white items. Ideal is ‘High Scabbard’ belt because it’s the only i63 item that takes up 1 slot, but unless you want to farm ~1000 of them just load up with any i63 items. Weapon/armor makes no difference – salvaging results are randomized.
I’m excited for 2.0 and I really hope we have 3-4 weeks to play with it, especially since items that drop (i.e. legendary weapons) will have value at 70 because you’ll be able to re-roll the damage stat.
Hope you guys like the video, I learned some interesting things while making it. This is my first one and longer than expected, but moving onward they will be shorter and more concise.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Sep 21, 2014MeatHeadMikhail posted a message on Tuesday Maintenance Reminder, Seasonal Paragon Calculator, Alkaizer Rank #1 CrusaderPosted in: News
Nah, it's right. 300 season going to 990 > 991 non season sounds right. I'm 671 non season and 271 season and it puts me at 677 (6 levels) non season.Quote from ru aware brahthat paragon chart doesn't seem right after 800 every level is 122.4 mil
say you end the season with paragon 300
which is 626mil so you should get about 5 levels if you've made it over 800 on nonseason but the calculator says you only get 3
626mil/122.4 is 5. What's worse is say you've got paragon 990 on nonseason your 300 seasonal only translate to 1 level. it should still be 5 unless I don't understand. Am I missing something?
Sep 19, 2014MeatHeadMikhail posted a message on Greater Rift Density Issues, Lord of Bells Achievement, 500 Million Gold/Hour Build, Diablo Fanart Time LapsePosted in: News
The difference is MoJ + TnT is REQUIRED for a successful pet build. Furnace is NOT required for this build, as it doesn't focus on killing elites - that's just a bonus. Also, as previously mentioned, with the same amount of gold find a pet build will not bring in the same amount of gold per hour because the damage spread is not as good.Quote from Fablewynd
Yeah, horses for courses. Not to demean MHM's build, it clearly works. I suppose, for me, Anthony's guides just feel more entertaining to watch since he really gets excited by the game. There just seems to be more enthusiasm there. It's not that hard to put together, however. MoJ+T&T is no harder to find than a nice Furnace (and although Sunder was offered as an alternative, it can't compare to that Furnace for the Elite clear.) Again, horses for courses.Quote from Zero(pS)
I'm inclined to agree with this ^Quote from MeatHeadMikhail
He has a lot more gold find but not nearly raking in the appropriate amount per hour ... because it's a pet build. Swarm/Pestilence/Toxin has a better damage spread than any other skill in the game.
With better gold-find rolls/items, I believe MHM's build would gather more gold/hour. I also believe it's easier to put together the featured build than that Pet-focused one (which has some rare items - MoJ, T&T... SK and TotD, to an extent).
Not to demean that particular build, but I believe it's more interesting featuring something with a specific focus on maximizing gold find, because that can either be a limiting factor for seasonal players looking for perfect rolls and getting into the million+ enchant costs, as well as for players coming back. Or for those who just got the expansion (or who got UEE and want to work towards removing that factor).
His build is just a basic pet build + gold find. This build is specifically optimized for gold find and the xp that goes with it.
Sep 18, 2014MeatHeadMikhail posted a message on Greater Rift Density Issues, Lord of Bells Achievement, 500 Million Gold/Hour Build, Diablo Fanart Time LapseHe has a lot more gold find but not nearly raking in the appropriate amount per hour ... because it's a pet build. Swarm/Pestilence/Toxin has a better damage spread than any other skill in the game.Posted in: News
Aug 5, 2014Posted in: News
Farming a cache on a strength character and opening it on a dex character will give you items with dex rolls. I think there's a blue post somewhere confirming that. However, there's no confirmation regarding class-specific items in caches (like quivers, sources, etc) or how legendaries are generated. But the other part is easy to test if you're not lazy.Quote from eulynn
I believe this is still a matter of some debate. I know I have heard of people earning caches on their main and stashing them for an alt with a different mainstat and the alt hets useful items.Quote from Drarlor
Isn't the loot of the cubes assigned as you get the item instead of when you open it?
I have also seen people copy characters to PTR with caches, and opening them yields totally different contents on live and PTR- Though you can't really judge based on that, you would think that if the items were, in fact, already determined they would be the same after you copied your character to PTR.
Aug 5, 2014I think people jump to conclusions and start typing before actually watching the videos. As others have pointed out (and myself several times), I just wanted to see if there was any correlation with doing things differently ('the junger way') vs. standard farming. Yes, the sample size is limited, and no I'm not going to post every time I pop 25 caches, but what prompted me to initially do this mini-series were the claims of people finding rorgs left and right, which is simply not the case. I've tried several different ways of doing this, and nothing points to any more legendaries or rorgs from caches, with the only benefit - as others have also noted - being that you get more bounties done in less time so you give up world drop legendaries, mats, gems, etc, for more chances at a rorg due to having a larger number of caches. That's all. Don't read into it too much!Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.