1. Pc Gamer claimed that it's going to be a game from a legendary developer.
Let's have a look at legendary game developers.
- 3D Realms
- Interplay Entertainment
- Id Software
2. The Pc Gamer Staff wanted to 'dance the pee-pee' dance. You don't have this kind of feeling unless something really exciting is coming up. IMO, it will be either be a continuation of a game that has left a mark on you even a few years later after playing it. One game comes to mind - Diablo 2 or some new game that will revolutionise the Pc Gaming industry and slap all competing game developers in the face.
3. Why would magazines such as PC Gamer / Pc Action claim :" We don't have the right to discuss it or deny it" ? Magazines generally do not have to ask permission from a game developer to publish news on an upcoming game.
Most probably they have been in contact with the game developer who has restricted them to publish any news.
4. It cannot be the next-gen MMO since Blizzard has already announced it publicly. You cannot restrict what has been already known by people.
5. The copyrighting actions of Blizzard to buy diablo3.com...
Were they asleep or something before 2008 ?
Baldur's Gate 3
An interesting thread sprang up on website RPGCodex recently. A guy with the forum-handle Achilleas has claimed that in the next article of PC Gamer UK, there is an article about the production of the Baldur's Gate 3. There wasn't too many details revealed, but here is an excerpt from 'Achilleas': "I'll probably get into trouble for telling you this, but hey, I just can't resist. Baldur's Gate III is in the works. I can't really say much more, but a few details to guide your speculation: it's not being done by BioWare, and you won't be playing it for at least two years. You shouldn't expect anything classically isometric either, as it's being made by a company that believes in pushing technology forward."
The last Baldur's Gate, a popular PC RPG set in the Dudgeon's & Dragons universe, came out in 2000.
July issue was last months; that's where I got the snippet about the upcoming issue (which is now revealed to have Crysis Warhead). The fact some people keep ignoring is that in the preview picture of next months issue there is a banner across the top of the cover that says first time exclusive (censored) with the name or whatever blacked out. And NO this isn't Crysis Warhead. Why would they have a picture of Crysis Warhead on the cover but black out it's name on the top banner of the magazine. It's something else and they obviously don't want people to know. I know there's a topic on this somewhere; I'll post the link to it
If you look on the top banner it says Exclusive Announcement !! (censored). Admins you can redirect this post if you want as there is already a post about next months PC Gamer. Just trying to clear this up for people. Someone brought up a good point in the PC Gamer issue thread that PC Gamer said Diablo 3 was not on their cover; but they didn't say anything about it not being in the magazine. Anyways once I get mine in (should be in a week or so, Ill be the first to let you all know if anything is in it.
well after a little digging on the net i can reveal that the game that is censored is sid meires colonization so i guess we can rule out an exclusive announcement in the next issue of pc gamer also heres the link to the picture found on the crysis warhead web site of all places