There are two things I do not like:
1. Healing pots
2. Life steal from weapon
You have spells with life steal, ok. But to play with a weapon with life steal + pots and your spells, i dont think it is fair. For ex: fight with a baba which his hp is around 80k+a lot of rez and when you almost take a half of his life after 5 mins of running he will hit you once and his life its almost full and yours below 30% and this is not bcz i dont have enough dps or hp but i dont think its a good ideea to be allowed those in a real tournament.
I'm still considering whether pots should be allowed, I think because of the cooldown that the game already has in place, I may allow it. You can't chug them like you could in D2, which is why they weren't really allowed, you could just spam drink them.
Hex HAVE TO be banned, I don't know about others, but hex CC for 8s and don't break on damage. Also it always refresh after the effect expires, NO DR, the fetish lasts until the CD is refreshed, that's why is absurd.
Truth, I'll have to do some serious looking into this though, as it'll end up restricting builds (depending on the skills and classes). I will note it.
I have only put a small amount of thought into it so far, but some things that jumped out to me as being necessary rules would be;
No Sweeping Winds. No Control Impairment (fear, cold, stun, knockback, blind etc), making certain items like Echoing Fury, Fist of Az Turassaq, Sledge Fist.....etc, BM.
As far as the rest, skills etc, I would love to hear some feedback on this. Please keep me informed of any formal gatherings on this issue.
Restricting skills is something that I've gotten a few times, I'll have to seriously consider that, simply because restricting skills will certainly kill particular builds, so I'll have to be careful.
- Should have time frame (eg 20 mins max)
- Should be first to reach certain score (lets say 20)
- Should be enforced combat system (like in UFC) where no too much hesitation and running allowed, but focus on combat and exchange of skills
- No spells should be banned
- People are allowed to spec accordingly to their opponent (to counter spells, not to ban them)
- People are allowed to customize gear before the fight according to their opponent (to counter spells, not to ban them)
- Custom made TV counter for deaths / kills
- Custom made "killing spree" notifications
- Enforced colours useage on items by players (as gears allow), or dye on legendaries. For better viewing experience and distinction on mirror matches
- No camping allowed
- No harrasment is allowed in chat. Only allowed dialogue is "GG, GL, HF, WP" etc. and in extreme cases 'PPP' before pausing
- On disconnect the game is paused and returning player is given 10 seconds for adjustment to the map and repositioning
- Depending on the nature of error, player that requested pause is allowed certain time (example 5 minutes) to replace keyboard/mouse/headset etc.
- Visible leaderboard for TV purposes with basic statistics and info (build for example)
- Broadcasters with deep knowledge of the game and good broadcasting skills
Well this is as much as i could think of in 2 mins. Of course, not all is rule related but also related to broadcasting. This is coming from high ranked SC/WC3/SC2/WoW pvp player. If u need more assistance i could provide you with my paypal for donations! :))
Good stuff, some of these are a given, as they're already in place in MLG for their other GB titles, etc, but definitely!
I'll look into whether or not banning pots is something we'll want to do; the cooldown on pots is pretty harsh as it is when you're in a 1v1 environment anyway, maybe allowing pots could be interesting (as I'm sure you'll recall, there was no CD in D2).
I'm going to be working with MLG to help bring Diablo III to GameBattles. We believe in order for this to succeed, some rulesets will need to be put in place [and enforced] to help with potential imbalances and flaws Blizzard will not be resolving in their attempt to remain true to PvE-focused gameplay. With this in mind, I'm open to suggestions -- what kinds of rules would you like to see in Diablo III PvP?