After giving it some thought, i came to a conclusion that the next MMO Blizzard will release will be....
Imagine, instead of a "world" you get a "Galaxy", or a solar system...
In the image above you can see the Starcraft solar system, it includes the planets from the starcraft lore and campaign, and surprisingly, Azeroth is there! which means that World of warcraft will be jsut a small part of this new MMO.
I thought about which features this game could have so it would be really a next generation MMO like blizzard is calling it. Well, here goes:
- Being able to own small to big space / battle ships.
- Being able to build and construct houses, strongholds, bunkers, and if you are a Zerg or a Protoss, you will be able to construct their buildings.
- Being able to play solo as a marine / zergling / zealot for and example, as starting units and evolving to better and stronger units. Lets say you start as a marine, if you level up and choose the right skills / talents / proficiencies, you might be able to buy / build a tank and use it.
- Massive PVP. several planets from this solar system will be dedicated to PVP. They will be divided to a few regions controlled by each faction. Each faction will be able to capture the other's outposts and therefore take over the territory. The battle will be going on 24/7 between Npc's, and the players will be able to join in whenever they wish.
- Being able to conquer whole planets with the massive pvp system.
- Being able to run a clan / guild. Lets say your faction is terran, and you get a 100 man clan, and you get high leveled engineers and pilots, then you will be able to have a fleet of battle cruisers, cruising around in space, fighting other spaceships from the oposing factions.
-being able to freely navigate through the whole galaxy.
-being able to land on any planet, that ofcourse if you can handle what it has on it.
- If you just started playing, and you chose the Zerg as your faction, you can go to the massive PVP zones / planets and join a battle. Lets say you just arrived at the Zerg's base and you are about to proceed into battle, suddenly you see a group of Npc zerglings coming out of a hatchery, and they start running towards the battle, you and all the other new players join this group. imagine a group of 50 zerglings running towards a huge battlefield, you reach the action and start killing / dying. leveling up will open many options, see below.
- Being able to evolve, meaning change a form. Or stay as you are, meaning getting stronger but keeping the form you had in the begining.
- You leveled up enough and you want to evolve to a Hydralisk, this opens a whole new evolving tree for you.
- You leveled up alot and you want to stay as a zergling, then you will become a big zergling with a different color, giving you the ability to command the groups of zerglings rushing into battle. Imagine yourself as a big zergling, running charging towards a group of marines, acompanied by 50 small zerglings, some of them npc's, some of them just new players.
- The evolving system for the zerg can replace the items ( guns / psionic blades / armors / etc... ) for the terran and protoss.
- A whole new combat system that involves aiming, timing of attacks, use of complicated skills. No auto aim, no attacking and waiting for your character to hit. You will be able to dodge attacks by moving / jumping / etc...
- Melee characters such as zerglings / zealots / ultralisks / etc, will have skills and advantages that will allow them to fight ranged characters using guns, such as marines.
- Being able to evolve different body parts as a Zerg, just like finding / buying new items as a Terran / Protoss.
- Lets say you are a 10 man party, cruising in space in a small space ship, you will find a randomly generated old terran space station and it looks abandoned, you can board it and see whats inside. Hopefully zerglings will not wtf pwn you.
- A crazy random generated content system. Random events, random quests, random terrain in some places, random encounters in space and on the planets.
- All of the Wow features but better - Like dungeons, raids, Arenas, Auction houses, Banks, Cities, Towns, PVP, Loot, etc.
I don't have the quote offhand, but didn't one of the blizzard reps say that the new MMO was unrelated to SC, WC, and Diablo?
yes... they have all said it 10000s of times but no one on this forum lives on Earth...
but for people who only browse dfans
“Games take years to develop from concept to release. Diablo III was in the works for years before being announced. StarCraft II was announced two years ago and isn’t even in Beta yet.
We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it’s a shell of a game thus far. We’ve already stated it’ll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It’s an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this."