So this is my personal THOUGHTS on Blizzard's possible release path - the premise is that everything shifts from the left to the right (to the spotlight)
1. We've got Blizzcon, that being the next big event/announcement, Ideally I would imagine this would shift over to the Spotlight.
2. While at Blizzcon there is a fairly high chance that a release date and final promotional material will be laid out for Wraith of the Litch King
3. WOW: Burning Crusade, as I said, confusing - however its been there for years i believe and they seem to be rolling it out in various languages and handing out mounts etc at various events - altho I think this is all WOW versions wide? (I've never played WOW)
4. Diablo III - The potential for it to be much more complete than Blizzard let on is there, They have done this quite alot in the past, eg, saying completely the opposite to get everyone off the trail.
5. Starcraft II - We have recently learned this is not going to be released in 2008 from various mediocre and unreliable resources including a recent article(even more mediocre) that has spawned indicating that Starcraft II will indeed be released after Diablo III.
And with regards to Starcraft II and Battle.net - things do change, and have changed in the past, keep in mind that the Battlenet Crew are a completely separate set of engineers, and it does not have to be debut's with any game, in fact supposedly there will be alot of information about it released at Blizzcon - but this doesnt mean Starcraft II will be released along with it
With all this, the clincher is that I have never seen Blizzard release 2x huge titles in one year, one would then come to the possibly upsetting realization that perhaps it will be 2008(WOTLK), 2009 (SC2 or D3), 2010 (SC2 or D3) or something silly like that.
Please read in context, and please do discuss.
Cheers, HaYDeN. (Mod's notify me if the image is distasteful or too large for your liking)
Well if they announced SC2 first, wouldn't it be logical that it will be released before D3?
Yeah, however considering everything else fits the order of supposed release schedule would it not be fair to say that Diablo III should be on the very far left after Starcraft II? It's obvious they have not just been thrown in there in a random order, as stuff has been moved, and paced either side, not just added in a linear fashion
I could see Starcraft 2 taking longer than Diablo 3, because they've had a long time to go through the proof of concept, the styles, and of course that's not going to take 3 years to do. I mean it's not like they made all of act one and didn't like the art style and then said fuck it and redid it 3-ish times. They created samples and came to a conclusion well before 3 years. I would assume that starcraft was further along but since they announced it it appears to have changed considerably, I don't know about the rest of you but that appears to be an identity crisis, that can only mean that the progress of that game will slow down and not be ready for quite a long while.
I mean perspectively it appears that Diablo 3 will be the last to be released, but the potential for Diablo 3 to be 2nd is still quite high, despite the fact that they've only done act 1 so far.
Official statements say that Wrath of the Lich King will be released 13 November.
About StarCraft II all we know is that it was delayed from November that they first said to first quarter 2009.
Diablo III is the mystery. Still they say its very early to talk about a release. Only what Bashiok said in an interview might give "some" hope that we "might" have it earlier than expected (that was October-December 2009 for us optimists): he didnt rule out the possibility of a playable version in BlizzCon 2008 (what would mean they progress faster than expected).
still, even the optimists shouldnt expect the game before summer 2009.
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade is still in "under development" because content patches for it still count as "development". After Wrath of the Lich King is out they'll remove it.
nobody can know that at this point. even blizz can't say anything regarding the release date... it's way too early.
btw, why exactly 134?
"134 days"? is what I meant as in a number I picked out of a hat,(ie possible realse date in days -as in serious satire), anyway, I've been reading around and it looks like D3 will be released (late 2009) after the latest Starcraft release (early 2009).
-its gloomy but its probably reality.
So, in the meantime, WHERE'S THE D3 "DEMO" game Blizzard ?!!! don't be so cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp !