I see too many proposals for the fifth class (like 234841)... I'm tired to heard wierd names and bad guessing.
I propose to uncover skills that miss in d3 and we will find class after...
- It's obvious we miss a physical range class.
- We don't know yet which class will have auras ?
- Wields a longsword as primary (not unique (other class already use it))
- His secondary power is telekinetic/telekinesis which allows him to pull things or push things in various ways using his mind power. Only mind manipulation and movement of objects. He cannot use his mind to affect time or anything irrelevant (like the Wizard). (Good idea but if we refer to d2, telek. is a wiz spell)
- Infiltrate: enemies think he is same as them (therefore not attack for a certain amount of time) only works for one kind creature at a time. (What's the purpose to skip exp?)
- Psychosis: controls one enemy at a time, it will fight for the hero. (WD skill)
- Mass confusion: groups of enemies go berserk, random individual results - fight each other, unaffected, shred own body to pieces/cannibalize, run away, jump off nearest elevation (suicide), or attack hero. (WD skill)
- Push: pushes the enemy away from hero, hitting barriers or falling off elevation. Hitting barriers or other enemies will cause a smaller amount of damage upon collision. Possibly relatively unaffected enemies. (WD skill (fear))
- Pull: pulls the enemy towards hero. Slight time delay so hero can step out of way if need be. Hitting barriers or other enemies will cause a smaller amount of damage upon collision. Possibly relatively unaffected enemies. (With Push and Pull abilities, Hero can affect enviromental changes, eg. 'Shockwave' topples loose stones to crush enemies, using these powers, sometimes inadvertently or accidentally)
- Pull + Stab: Individually pull an enemy towards hero, followed by impalement.
- Disarm: Hero can affect more than one enemy by disarming one weapon (random: sword or shield or club, etc) from each unit. (I like this idea)
- Vacuum, Black Hole; AOE physic or arcan; (like you said it fit for wiz or WD... "a white light in it's center." a black hole haven't light inside, it's the primary behavior of a black hole lol)
- Beacon of Enchantment; Slow missile, damage increase when every damage pass trough the missile.
- "Customised Fire/Lightning Wall" (I like the drawing system, like you said it fit for wiz or WD)
- Focused Shot (Ranged class skill, If the fifth class is a bow user It's obvious he'll get a skills that's similar to that)
- Hunting Stance ; insane repetitive shoot while runing around, auto aim (I like the concept, awersome)
-Sacrifical Rites ; take a number of soul to summon a big one (I don't know if I like it, mostly of time you won't have enough soul, and it's break the "fast paced")
I will fill your thought in this first post.
Any ideas ? Don't be blocked by ranged class or whatever... Find new unique skills that isn't in d3 yet !
Omg i will put all my ideas in this thread then! I hope u like it!
It's not made to fit execly the last class. Those skill could end up in any of the 5 classes.. What skill fits better in each class is up to you guys decide.
-Vacuum, Black Hole Skill Type: Ranged attack with a AoE radius (like fireball). Effect: Damages (arcane or physical) all foes within the area of effect (wich is very large, like a nova). Enemies are pulled to the center of the circunference. Strategy: This spell is used to group spread groups of enemies allowing for your small AoEs get better chance hit chances. You can also use this to pull enemies inside immolations, poison cloud, zumbies wall or other stationary spells. Apresentation: A twist of black and purple shades and a white light in it's center. User Class Suggestion: Surely fits the Wizard very well. But could fit the WD with a simple name change.
-Beacon of Enchantment Skill Type: Missile Attack spell with very slow travel time. Effect: Unleash a large and slow missile that travels in a straight line, passing through enemies and damaging then on impact. All allies missile attacks (this includes spells and ranged weapons) that passes through the area of the beacon are augmented with increased damage. You can have only one beacon at time (maybe more with runes). Strategy: Used to augment your damage in situations were you know you won't move to much. Just try to keep yourself between the sphere and the enemies. This spell could be awesome to use in parties. Apresentation: A large, floating, transparent and blue shinning sphere ornated with runes. When a spell pass through this spheres it gets blue sparks around it and leaves a trail of similar sparks. User Class Suggestion: It can fit any range class, but i would like to see it in the bow class.
-"Customised Fire/Lightning Wall" Skill Type: Channeling (like ray of frost and desintegrate) ground targeting skill. Effect: Creats a collum of Fire/Lightning on the target ground area (very small radius). You can draw your cursor while channeling this spells and he will leave a trail of Fire/Lightning in the area. It's execly like drawing. Strategy: You can use this spells in so many ways, the more imagination you have, the better ! the most classic use would draw a firewall like line between you and your enemies. In open areas were enemies can attack from any side you can draw a circle around yourself, but you can draw a circle around a group of enemies to cage then. In very tight corridors you can destroy monster by creating vertical walls.
Apresentation: A wall or fire/lightning appears were you draw. User Class Suggestion: Witch Doctor or Wizard.
-Focused Shot Skill type: Ranged arrow attack. Effect: After charging for some seconds (like 1.0 or 1.5), shot a powerfull arrow that goes very fast in a straight line. Whenever it hits a enemy he is pushed back with the arrow (so if it hits multiples enemies they are all pushed back with the arrow). The more monsters the skill pushs back with it, greater it's damage in the next target. Large monster would not be pushed back, stoping the chain effect. Strategy: Basically a mix of crowd control and damage skill. Better to use in corridor areas, like lightning and bone spear. A good usage for this spell would be take down key supportive monsters (like fallen shamans) by hitting in a fallen betwen you and him and see the fallen reach it's master, dealing extra damage. Apresentation: A arrow with comet like orange golden tail. This arrow will have a "super sonic effect" leaving the air in it's travel path twisted. User Class Suggestion: The last class, no doubt.
Skill Type: Self buff Effect: For a few seconds (like 3~5) the character no longer can target a foe or a allied party menber. Instead, he/she automatically starts to attack the closest target (in front the character's front) with very high speed. Because you no longer need to aim your target you can use your cursor to run (meaning you can attack and move at the same time like a war tank!). Strategy: Other versatile skill. Can be used to chase down enemies, move into position while clean up the closest foes, avoid a group of ranged enemies attacks while taking then down. Appresentation: A red aim appears in the closest target while some wind-like aura cover your character's feets. User Class Suggestion: The last class.
-Sacrifical Rites Skill Type: Summon stationary object, like a assassin trap or barbarian grim ward. Effect: Summon a altar. This altar do nothing but absorb the souls of the killed enemies (those enemies cannot be revived). Whenever this altar absorbs a soul he gets points (the more HP a monster have, more points the alatar stacks). When the altar get a certain amount of point he automatically explodes, conjuring a very powerfull and large summon that will help the character. This monster have a avarage duration and like the altar, absorbs souls (so if another altar is summoned while the summon is still active he gets no souls because the monster suck then faster!). Strategy: The ultimate summon is designed to be used in worthy situations, the ones were things are grim. A good time to use it is in bosses with alot of companions. Summon the altar and kill his companions and gets a powerfull tank to face the boss fight ! Appresentation: The altar will be made of bones and stones and starts to emanates a blood red aura when he gets points. A bar (like a HP bar) appear under him to count the sacrifice points.
The summon could look like anything epic. From a stone figure of a bizarre god to a fat undead giant. User Class Suggestion: Witch Doctor.