-Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.
I was trying to think of some skill that was very powerful, but would also damage the Overseer if he was in the way. It would give him a kind of wrecklessness. I think it could apply to Fire and Hail, that way it could deal massive damage, but wouldn't be cast everywhere, for fear of killing himself.
I do have the Marid's flame armor damaging the Overseer if he is too close, and his spell Darkness makes him blind too. And maybe the Marid's Wave of Sand could damage him if he was in the way. And perhaps even Flame Prison could damage the Overseer if he is too close as well.
But maybe that might be too many self damaging spells. I don't know, what do you all think?
Thanks, again. Yeah, I always thought that would be a cool skill tree. Plus the descriptions for each of those is straight out of the Bible. With a few changes, like removing the words God, Him, etc. You know, since He doesn't exist in the world of Diablo.
wow you put alot of time into that... and its really good... i wanna play that guy now
heres something i came up with in about 30 minutes.
Class - Reaper
GENERALLY Reapers were spawned from the abyss during the creation of sanctuary to take human souls to heaven or back to the abyss (if theyve been naughty). The Reapers came to sanctuary at the begining and laid low doing their jobs, secretive, not associating themselves with anyone else or grouping in any areas (BASICALLY evenly spead out over sanctuary and no one knows they exist really) Reapers have learned to control (although not very well) the Chaos magic that surges throughout the vacuum of the abyss and also other magic stuff that comes with being a reaper and reaping souls etc etc (someone could rewrite this and expand with fancy diablo type language if they want to)
Some skills.. some would belong to a "Chaos Magic" skill tab.. some would belong to others .. maybe an Abyss tab or a Reaping tab.. iono
Max Level* Chaos Blast – The Reaper summons a blast of chaos directly from the abyss and fires it at his enemies. 80% Chance to do X amount of damage, 10% Chance of Backfiring, 5% of Failing, 5% Chance to suck enemy into the abyss resulting in an instant death.
Max Level* Chaos Nova – The Reaper summons a shockwave of chaos directly from the abyss that expands from under his feet outwards, this shockwave of chaos energy damages enemies. 80% Chance to do X amount of damage, 5% Chance of backfiring, 10% Chance to knock back enemies.
Max Level* Chaotic Blade – Imbues the Reaper with chaotic powers from deep within the abyss which even he does not know how to control. With every successful hit 80% chance to deal X amount of damage, 20% chance of backfiring.
Max Level* Oath of Malice – AURA - Chaos energies from the abyss seep out from under the Reapers feet at his command, damaging and shocking enemies. 90% chance to deals X amount of damage to surrounding monsters, 10% chance that a piece of the monsters soul will be sucked into the abyss thus slowing the running/walking/attack speed of the monster.
Max Level* Solitude – The Reaper tears a small hole in the fabric of reality creating a tiny hole that leads directly into the abysmal plains trapping an enemy for 3 seconds, can cast every 10 seconds.
Max Level* Death Sentence – CURSE - The Reaper curses the enemy, he swears to take the enemy back to the abyss with him. When the enemy is cursed under death sentence and dies the Reaper gains X amount of mana. Enemy is slowed by X% for X amount of seconds
Max Level* Reapers Scythe – The Reaper raises his scythe and tears a large gash in the fabric of reality opening a hole into the abyss large enough to sustain itself for a longer period of time. The vacuum of the abyss sucks all creatures towards its centre including the Reaper himself. Lasts 3 Seconds, can cast every 20 seconds. Deals X Damage during the 3 Seconds..
Max Level* Chaos Mastery – The Reaper gains an understanding of Chaotic energies from the abyss and learns how to gain power from these energies. For every successful Chaos attack (Chaos Blast, Chaos Nova) The Reaper gains X amount of mana, For every unsuccessful Chaos attack (Backfire) the Reaper loses X amount of mana.
I will probably end up expanding on this and writing a shit load like archie but at the moment im really tired. also seeing if any of this could tie into the diablo lore/story/history
At the beginning of time and when all existence came into being the abyss swirled chaotically; empty, devoid of life, or so it seemed, in a permanent vacuum, serving no purpose until Sanctuary came to life and bore man upon its surface.
Mans soul was easily tainted by evil and for every man that took upon these corrupted thoughts and committed immoral acts the abyss pained, for these dark men’s souls never reached the abyss but were reincarnated upon Sanctuary and born again.
The abyss lusted for their punishment, their torture and their terror and thus created life deep within itself to reach out and bring back the corrupted souls and imprison them within the darkness.
These creations called Reapers formed deep within the chaotic abysmal plains by the abyss to serve the abyss in its purpose, a random creation so it would seem when studying the abyss from the mortal realm. Some Horadrim mages who studied the Reapers felt that it was to create equilibrium of chaos and order within the abyss itself and others felt that the abyss was living with a conscious mind.
When the Reapers came into being their souls swirled around in the abysmal plains waiting for guidance from their mother, the Reaper’s swore under an oath called the Oath of Servitude to do their mothers bidding and be her eyes, her ears and her arms upon Sanctuary.
We, the chosen ones swear only to serve the abyss in servitude for eternity.
No Demon, Man nor Angel shall interfere with our task ordained to us by our mother.
No Demon, Man nor Angel shall escape their punishment if they are found deserving.
No Demon, Man nor Angel shall sway our minds or corrupt us to do their bidding.
And so the Reaper came to the mortal realm of Sanctuary, unable to take physical form it is theorized that the Reapers possessed their first victims to take physical form, stealing their bodies and sending their souls to the abyss. Taking human form the Reapers blended in with the masses serving their mother the abyss with no human the wiser for centuries until the Horadrim were formed. Legend goes that the Arch-Angel Tyreal located a Reaper and asked for help from deep within the abyss, the abyss rejected Tyreal’s plea at first for it meant that Angels were interfering with the abyss’s greater goal, but eventually the abyss agreed.
The deal made was that if the abyss conjured a device that could bring the three Prime Evils back to the abyss then the Arch-Angel Tyreal would use this in the mortal realm to capture them. Thus the Soul stones were created and passed on to the Horadrim, only a few Horadrim elders knowledgeable of where the soul stones came from and of the deal that had transpired. Within the soul stone a small piece of the abyss exists, a vacuum that draws in evil and imprisons it within the stone, if it is broken then the souls within the soul stone are sucked into the Greater Abyss.
History -Post Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Now that the three Prime Evils souls exist within the abyss’s eternal prison the Reapers have a duty to keep them imprisoned inside the abyss, for it brings the abyss even greater pleasure to embrace chaos upon her bosom than it does to terrify the souls of man.
The Reaper uses his powers over the abyss to conjure chaos on the mortal realms at his command, he is adept at reaping mans souls and forcing them temporarily do his bidding before sending them into the eternal abyss.
Chaos Magic – The Reaper conjures chaos from the abyss, letting chaotic energies flow into the mortal realm to cause havoc and destruction or to suck enemies’ souls into its cold vacuum of the eternal prison.
Reaping – The Reaper is adept at slaying humans within their last seconds of life so he may take their souls to the abyss.
Servitude – The Reaper can command souls directly from the abyss or souls collected by his own scythe temporarily.
Reaping would be doing stuff to monsters lower than X% of total life, where higher levels result in higher X? That might work, just my idea for it. Anyway, I would love the chaotic part, it would make it so much fun. I play for the fun, not to be uber-pwner. This class would SO kick ass.
if only we could get a bunch of character ideas and a professional modder to make a diablo3.com mod that adds a bunch of characters to Diablo 2:Lord of Destruction 1.11b.. the character ideas would have to include synergies and actual amounts of damage, would be hard but what else are you going to do while waiting for diablo3.. just an optimstic idea
I like the idea of the Reaper. I definately like the idea of damaging yourself in some way. Like my Overseer, a couple of spells interfere with his combat of the enemies, but the Reaper has everything that deals damage back. I think that would be a very challenging and something new and fun that isn't in RPG's.
Yeah, so who on this forum is an Uber Modder?
Maybe we could get Tsuru Murasaki to do it? He's the one who made Eastern Sun 3.00.
And I really don't think we would need to add a bunch of characters, maybe just 3 or 4 well thought out characters.
That seems like it might be really friggin hard. Especially creating the character models from scratch. The spells would probably be easy in comparison.
And if we can't get a mod going, maybe we could just compile a list of 5-10 new original characters to send to Blizzard to "speed up" their current progress.:D
sounds like a good idea.. i tried to make another thread that talks about a possible mod from diablo3.com.. (maybe im getting to big for my boots, ive only posted about 18 times) but i thought it was a good idea so..
I would like to have a more ethereal class... something like an anima... that have more "spirit" skills, especialized in energy shield, teleport and telekinesis type spells and magic spells of course...:D
yea, telekinesis, teleport and energy shield arn't REALLY lightning spells.. theyre more to do with the mind
btw, you should make a character then...:D
design the history and some skills, i was to lazy to design loads of skills but Archie did a pretty comprehensive character design
yeah, but that's a tecnicality (forgive my spelling please :p) teleport and telekinesis is more spiritual or intelectual if u like, but is not the same as a thunder!!
Iwould like to be a spirit of a dead heroe (from D1 perhaps) and posses the corpses of undead monsters and control their hell skills against them selves.
btw, i would like to have a little more help from heaven in a D3, if it's a prequel they should be there in the sin war, and if it's a sequel, it's time for them to come down here and help us, we are just mortals against the 7 evils from the burning pits of hell, and we are good at it, but a lil help would be nice. Plus u could be able of choosing the angel/god/heavenly creature that will asist u in battle, thing that will dtermine what class u can choose and wich skills u may may have.
As an example, if u choose Tyrael u can choose among the human clases as he is the most close to humans, or if u choose other angel (i don't know the name of them all) the one that comands the heaven armys, then u can choose to be a spirit or anima, with their particular skills, and so on...
and to honour the argument variety that had D1, depending of what heavne faction u choose u may have diferent quests, and that way the game would be more diverse
ok, i'm dreaming a bit, but i would like to have a more complex game, not lineal argument
well if diablo 3 is going to be some kind of battle between battle between heaven and hell I'd like to see two different factions. one demonic necromancy type faction and an angel faction both with several variations of course. they should definitly make up some crazy classes though, i definitly dont want to be exactly like wow
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.