Non-cannon books possible effect on Diablo 3.
Poll: Do you believe there will be any non-canonical book references o
Do you believe there will be any non-canonical book references o - Single Choice
- No, there will not be any 40%
- Well, there may be a few... 40%
- Yes, there will be plenty 20%
Poll: Do you want tie-ins from non canoonical books to D3 in any way,
Do you want tie-ins from non canoonical books to D3 in any way, - Single Choice
- Sure, as long as it does not affect gameplay in any way that is negative, and doesn't slow down the game's production. 6.7%
- No, It will just make things too messy, and maybe take longer to produce D3 material without damaging the story line. 26.7%
- I couldn't care less. 40%
- Yes, I would LOVE THAT! 26.7%
This has brought me to wonder, as I am sure many of you may have wondered in the past too.
1. How much (if any) effect or mentioning of the events that happened in the non-cannon diablo books will be mentioned in Diablo 3. (or reffered to)
2. Do you want these tie -ins from the non-canonical books to occur in D3 at some point?
Hopefully, very little. I am not a fan of the "merchandise effect" and I wouldn't want to find myself relying on a search engine to get the most detail. Not even for DiabloWiki, sorry.
If there were any tie-ins to happen in Diablo III, the non-canon stuff would then in effect be canon. In my opinion.
Yeah, of course. I just use non-canonical to refer to the books.
Thanks for your opinion, I hope more people post about this. I thought this thread would be a little more popular.
I agree with you about the non-canonical lore. I also believe it will not be related.
I am glad to hear that the comic is canon. (Where did you hear this?)
I'm not certain if it truly is canon, but according to a poster on the D3 forum there's a mention of Jacob on page 127 of Book of Cain.
It is canon. I have the Book of Cain and it does mention Jacob.
Ah. Good to know.
I mean, some things certainly are in the canon even though they only appear in non-canonical material. Ureh for instance. But we have no idea of knowing what parts of The Kingdom of Shadow are true and which aren't. Perhaps most is true, perhaps nothing but the name and location is still canon.