1) The down-fall of many online Roleplaying Games is that, unlike with real-life ones, the people within it have no real pressure to keep up their work. There are sometimes lulls in activity and, if left untreated, these lulls become malignant absences. (Haha, medical puns). To help combat this problem, we're going to require a minimum of three posts per-user, per-week. Please don't double post, though. You should stay involved with the other characters to avoid making double-posting a necessity. If you will be away for a while (for exams, a holiday, etc) just let us know. We'll work something out.
2) Characters, while set in the 'heroic' fantasy setting of Sanctuary must be as realistic as possible. There are only so many 300 lb, giant, four-sword-wielding barbarians that have forgotten their childhoods due to mysterious amnesia. These types of characters will not be accepted. Your character should have a legitimate backstory (does not have to be long or detailed) that they can remember. Your character must be human - not super-human - and does not need to fit into any sort of stereotype. The more original a character, the more memorable they are. There will be a short 'Character Creation Form' provided to help you shape a character that the other players will be able to understand easily. We will require you to create your character based on this frm.
3) Your characters mustbe believable within the known 'universe' that exists within the Diablo series. This means they can be a Barbarian, a Rogue, a Sorceress, or any other denomination of characters from that world and, in turn, they may posess certain powers or abilities like those characters in the game. This being said, a Sorceress would never say to a Barbarian "I have a level 20 Fireball" nor would the Barbarian reply "Yeah, well my sword does +11 damage to undead". Keep it believable.
4) Teamwork is not only an important part of Roleplaying, it is essential. Without teamwork, the RP experience will be fun for nobody. There should never be a point where your character single-handedly slays the 1,000-man army of the evil Necromancer. We must all work together to accomplish goals and defeat enemies in a realistic and believable manner. This can be accomplished through OOC (Out Of Character) planning and discussion.
5) In the words of a good friend of mine, this is RP is a "SYOA" (Save Your Own Ass RP). That means that if you get yourself into trouble you had better have your own way out. Do not expect us to come rescue you if you decide to write in that your character is miraculously kidnapped by a goblin king. We wont. The only time your character should be alone in mortal peril is if you have worked it out ahead of time with the rest of us.
6) DO NOT META-GAME. Meta-Gaming is playing with knowledge that your character would not have. This means: If your character wasn't there to witness something and wasn't told about it, they don't know it happened. This also means that discussion of any 'modern' devices (such as Computers or Guns) is not acceptable. This rule should be obvious, but we keep it here anyways (just in case).
7) Keep the game and your characters appropriate. On some RPs romance, racism, swearing, and even sex are allowed to increase the 'realism' of the gaming experience. While I myself am an advocate for realism in Role Playing, this is not possible on a forum where minors are free to read. There should be nothing posted anywhere (either In Character or Out Of Character) that breaks any of the forum's rules regarding appropriate material. In accordance with the forum rules, you also must show respect for your fellow gamers. This does not mean your characters have to get along.