I apologize for my absence, I've not been busy, and I've grown out of touch with the community. Not anything big, I just find threads uninteresting and am too lazy to post in the ones I do think are worthy. I have though been updating on news and rumors this site offers.
I've already been speaking to several of you about it, and I might as well say it here so everyone knows what's going on. SICK is going no where. D2 is in shambles, there is no sense in SICK anymore. Fudlow has already left. Winston (as far as my knowledge) has left. I too, left. I just didn't make it public when it happened because of those who would accuse me of making it dramatic and a need for attention.
I will stay in the forum, I will contribute, and I urge you all to talk to me on Xfire. PM me if you have questions, or whatever. Carloseus is my username in Xfire. Contact me. There is a matter which I would like to talk to people about, however I cannot speak about it publicly, so PM me about it. And only those who are interested will be approached with it.
Well the ES guild is alive and kicking. Its much more enjoyable than regular ol D2. new Items, monsters, levels, runes, and a fucking huge inventory to top it off. Try it out. Get ES 3.00 R6D mod and Hamachi, join SICK ES SERVER, pass: sicksilver.
Just a suggestion:
Can we institute sub-guilds based on the game they play?
You can be in multiple sub-guilds.
Its a good point Murder but that would in fact somewhat be breaking the already small numbers into certain legions and what not. I have no problem with having a separate dedicated thread to the entitled SICK DIABLO2 ES mod or something similar, if thats what you would be interested in.
Congrats to Whiteghost21 as he has been issued a promotion
Magistrate amd NercroNergal have both been issued Promotions due to their in game activity as well as forum activity. As they both play almost daily it seems.
Ah, actually, I haven't been active on D2 in almost 2 months, so I'm going to have to humbly ask for a demotion. Finals, preparing for my SAT, end of the year computer projects, practicing for a piano recital, and cramming as much web lingo into my head as humanly possible so I can teach it next year has been consuming my time lately, and likely will continue to do so. Sorry, I'm not responsible for a promotion yet, I don't think
Erm, yeah, I play Ikariam daily, but that isn't a guild-supported game, unless I'm mistaken? And yeah, at one point I did play it almost 24/7, for about 5 years, actually, but life has been getting busier for me now that I'm getting close to my senior year. I did type something along the lines of "Ullion and I play daily together" or something to that effect, but that was some time ago- sorry for the confusion if that's what you're talking about. I am on D2 right now, though... But, as I've said, I don't think I'm active enough on it to merit any sort of promotion.
Apparently, the ladder is reseting on the 17th. I think that's a good time for me to start playing again. The good thing about taking long breaks is it makes you get re-addicted again.
Alright Ladies and Gents. D3 is announced and our time is almost upon us. Expect the Guilds Old lenient stand on Inactivity and Guild Support to change. No longer will inactivity be tolerated. IF you dont like the guilds stance then G'day to you sir and dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
guild changes effective today.
1. support the guild in game and out. In SICK forums and out.
2. Riding the fence between being in guild and not being in guild will result in being dropped from the guild. Ive seen at least 2-3 topics pop up on this board from members talking about starting other guilds or East guild.
3. Leaving the guild for any reason using the official guild resignation thread http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5160 and then later asking to be reinstated will result in all past achievements and rank to be forfeit. You left the guild If you come back you will be placed at the bottom. I don't care who you are.
4. Guild Entry Req's will be increased. If you want to join but don't know how to play properly then go learn. Their are tons of guides for d2 on the internet. Less experienced players in guild already, better learn how to play. D3 is a new game i understand that but if you have not mastered d2 by now. Then something is seriously wrong. The game has been out almost a decade. Expect an Official Guild Entry Req page to be updated soon. once the council can decide on reqs and a way to enforce them/check them.
5. Flame wars started between members of SICK are not to be discussed in the SICK forums. They can be discussed via PM or via instant message. Flames in the guild forums to your fellow brethren and clan mates will result in warnings. If after you have been warned if the flames continue then a possible demotion might be taken. If 2 or more members have a viable argument. They can request any high council member to Moderate the argument in a separate thread or via live chat program
6. Immaturity will not be tolerated. We are all here for the same reason. We all have at least 1 thing in common.
7. Don't whine about promotions. If you feel you are right for a job. Then show the council with dedication and guild activity. Lead by example. Show us leadership skills. Trust me i don't see all. But between the council we do.
** Council members fee free to pm me like you have been if you feel a members deems worthy of promotion**
I WILL be posting promotions later in this thread as well. as well as requesting the council to help come up with some new guidelines/requirements for guild entry.
If anyone has objections to these rules then feel free to read the first sentence in red you find as you scroll back up.