Starting June 28th, you will no longer be able to log in to a Curse account that was not merged with a Twitch account. If you have not yet merged your Curse account with a Twitch account, please do so here! Otherwise, your account and its content will be inaccessible.
If you know what you're doing, you don't really need long. I do this thing for a living. 90% of the time you spend on sketching out the idea in your head (or paper) and thinking about the logo. The bulk of my work was spent on tracing Diablo into vector shapes, so that the logo is resolution independent.
Thanks guys! I appreciate the support.
Since I do work in the industry, I would like to offer a few tips. Take these as guidelines, not strict rules. Also, of course, I don't mean to impose anything on anyone.
- Make sure your logo works on light as well as dark backgrounds
- Do a couple of variations of the logo. You will not be able to use the full color version all the time. Think about doing a single color version (all black or white), a two color version and then some variations with the type placement. Being able to easily apply the logo to different scenarios (t-shirts, website use, icon use, mugs, etc) is one of the most important technical qualities of logo design
- Don't use clichés. I know it's tempting to use Exocet (the original Diablo UI font) or some other gory fonts, but try and break it up a bit. A brand can really stand out from the competition if it surprises the user with a fresh approach to the idea. There are, of course, a zillion theories on how this is not true, but I am in the "surprise-user" camp.
- Your logo should be in a high-resolution format, or in a vector format. This insures that the logo can scale well and be reproduced on almost anything.
- Snap a screenshot of the Diablofans website and try to place the logo on the real thing (If you are lazy to do this, you can use mine and grab it here)
Most of all have fun and google tutorials for anything you cannot figure out!
here is my try.. I hope you guys enjoy it.. it follow a bit of my minimalist design style, and it also has a exclusive font designed for the project, making it unique.
(colors could change according to usage)