In my noob days I admired these characters, I scouted them out and asked for help to rush me and such. I was amazed at there ability to 1-2 hit most monster in hell and tp around and never die. This was when I was dead poor. When I was to an ability to afford the extreme requirements of these beasts I went for it. And now Im a level 93 Hammerdin doing 12k-12k damage with max resistances in hell! W00T! That’s my story, now I am providing you the opportunity to be just like me or better. YAY.
Warning- This guide requires extreme wealth. Although hammerdins at maxed skills and good lvl can do 6k damage naked, I still suggest getting good equipment if possibly, ill provide the poor mans equipment eventually.
Notes before you start.
1. Don’t plan on using hammers effectively without devouring mana potsuntil your in the 60s. The mana the use is incredible and requires good equipment. I still use mana pots and lvl 93 with godly equipment.
2. On that note adding to energy is so addictive. DON’T DO IT. PATIENCE is the key.
3. Train a merc early……they are actually quite useful
4. PRE-PLAN YOUR FINAL EQUIPMENT, if your fairly rich, plan for hoto, enigma, if your poor and chances of becoming rich aren’t to good, plan on using wizspike, lidlesswall. Stats-
Strength(100-130)- Only use for the required level of your highest demanding strength requirement. If your armor requires 131 str, then get 131 str and stop. To cut to the point, only get enough strength for the equipment you’ll use.
Dexterity(35 for hoto) Same as strength only enough to use your weapon (hoto, wizspike), some argue to add to max your chance of blocking, but with holy shield and hopefully your hoz, your def will be high enough and blocking wont be a necessity.
Vitality-(200+) As many points as you can. I have around 370 vit points and 1600 life(with charms, items)
Energy-(0-5) You’ll be dying for mana….but let time and items handle this.
In the beginning, add to strength so you can wear some decent armor and weapons. Also add to vitality. If you have a hoto waiting, don’t add to dex until you can use it. The same goes for strength and the equipment that requires strength.
Skills- In order of what to max/add to first. Remember to only add 1 point to all perquisites unless otherwise noted.
1. Blessed Hammer (MAX)
2. Concentration (MAX)
3. Blessed Aim (MAX)
4. Vigor (MAX)
5. Holy Shield (10-15)
6. Redemption(1)…why? Because its friggin amazing with good + Skill items. Every slain monster gives me 100 hp and 100 mana when I redeem them. So that’s like +700life/mana if theres 7 dead monsters.(Like using a rejuvie pot)
7. Meditation(1)- I was debating this and found that its pretty cool. It restores my mana orb in like 5 seconds(700-800mana). If you plan on doing a lot of baal killing or just want it incase you get mana burned or don’t want to use redeem, I suggest 1 point.
8. Cleansing- I believe you should already have this for a preq. But USE IT. I use this skill every time the 2nd group of baals monsters come out in baal runs. They ALWAYS freakin psn me.
Items- Reasons and other items will be added in later version. Just trust me for now J
Shields- 1st Choice- Herald of Zakarum w/pdiamond or um rune.
2nd Choice- Lidless Wall/ Blackoak Luna
Rings & Amulets 1st Choice- Soj/ Seraphs Hymn(ladder) or mara, your choice.
2nd Choice- Raven Frost/Bul Kathos
Boots Perhaps the only equipment that really doesn’t matter to paladins. I personally use tearhaunch..althought the vigor bonus it gives doesn’t add to damage. Rather than using 1st/2nd choice ill just list ones commonly used.
Secondary Weapon/shield- This isn’t a necessity but if you can…this is where your cta goes for bo…and for a shield I suggest blackoak luna..why? Because it gives u a huge life bonuses…which helps your bo when you use. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND RUSHERS TO DO THEIR BEST FOR CTA, IT’S A LIFE SAVER!
Well if you use maphack, don’t tp into monsters.
Having trouble using/aiming your hammers? I hold down shift while I let em go, let the monsters come to me. As for the hammers blind spots, youll learn em fairly quickly. Generally, once your good, I suggest running around attracting monster and let em surround you, then let them hammers fly, talk about pool of blood J.
Don’t pvp with hammerdins, its stupid. They can only take meleers.
Heres my setup.
F1- Holy shield
F2- Teleport (enigma)
Always keep left skill at hammer. And if you use cta, the skill on bo.
Oh and Annis are amazing items….try n get one!!!!
Next version I plan on adding reasons for items suggested. More strategy, and more organized, but this definitely gets the point across.
Ok, I have actually attempted to make a Hammerdin. At first I thought that it was a cool idea. 10k dmg? SURE!
So, I finally get to be able to use his Hammer, and what do I end up finding, that the hammer is not very reliable in hitting its target. I have almost died because of its inability to hit its target unless the target is in the spiraling path, but even then it doesn't happen.
I don't see why there is all the buzz about Hammerdin's I really don't. If you can make it work, great, for me, I'll just go with a Holy Shock/Zeal Pally.
lol i think there is 2 blind spots. I just takes practice knowing them. And its not 10k dam, good hammerdins do 12-13k damage. They are like the only build that can do hell rushes, occasionally ill see a barb doing it. They are crowd controllers....do only have to atk 1 target at a time...