Diablo 2 hd with improved character screen, charm inventory, smart drop, some fixes and tweaks (showed item lvl, token perm reset skills ect) and pvp arena - cow lvl or hidden arena in game files are all I need.
After what they did with full ver of d3 I would say thanks!
If they do D2 remastered then they should remove charms as they take the whole inventory space. Make smart loot as it is in d3 and remove ladder only rune words and maybe some skilltree changes as well. And make d2 also for consoles. Also i want d4 whit some awesome endgame and reason to play story mode more then once. + Amazon for D3 and Druid whit wolf/bear skills/forms and "earth skills" and Shaman whit elemental skills would be cool.
The venerable dungeon crawler Torchlight is returning with Torchlight Frontiers, a new shared world action RPG coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
IGN sat down to chat with Max Schaefer, CEO of Echtra Games, the studio behind Torchlight Frontiers. A specialist in action RPGs, he’s a founding member of Blizzard North and a contributor to Diablo, Diablo II, Hellgate: London, and the Torchlight series.
Torchlight Frontiers aims to combine the fast-paced combat, procedurally-generated levels, and addictive loot loop of a dungeon crawler with the social and live-service qualities of an MMO.
Should we expect something like this to be D4 too?
In 2017 spring they said that they had to decide in 2016 summer whether to do expansion or a dlc. They did necro as expansion would've taken too much time. I wonder if that was a small lie reflecting to 2015 job postings.
The case with D3 is super interesting. From one side as you said this was probably a lie and they just scrapped the expansion and turned it into a character DLC. From another side if it was NOT a lie and they developed a whole class from scratch this means they've probably done this with the idea to develop more in the future. It so happens that we will know which case is it after Blizzcon 2018.
Yes. D3 fan in me says we are getting expansion. Realist in me says we are getting druid dlc. Analyst in me says that one of the projects must be D3 related as there's multiple projects meaning over two.
1) D2 Remastered (this was now basically 100% confirmed I believe in a combination of recent articles and job postings and so on). But if they learned any lesson from SC:R they should know this is not gonna be anything else but calming down the D2 nostalgians.
2) D3 new class and some new features (like that boss chamber that was promised at Blizzcon 2 years ago, some new items, maybe some new events to give us more interesting "themed seasons"). Basically, similar to the necro pack. Why? Because I think even if they work on an entirely new game, D3 is still too fresh to let it completely run out, especially with the recent presentation of themed seasons. I also don't think any new Diablo game would be ready for release right away (unless Blizzard now jumps into Steam-style official "early access" BS) and it'll also be a different genre (like Diablo Battle Royal or Diablo Racing or Diablo Theme Park or Diablo Go or whatever).
3) A new Diablo game, which is not Diablo 4 - neither by name nor by spirit. Worst case they'll just try to put it into an existing genre (like MMO or Battle Royal or so), maybe they revive an old genre (like Adventure or Sandbox - I'd love an RPG-heavy Diablo-esque version of Raft, or Terraria, or Rust, or stuff like that - wishful thinking), and best case they try to define a new genre (back to the roots of Blizzard).
The hype they caused with the video and the disappointment after previous years of toilet-sized Diablo stands would make a presentation of "only" #1+#2 turn this into a big meme of overhyping and underdelivering a franchise, so my hope is that they preview #3 and people get excited enough to waste their time until that is available by coming back to #1+#2.
my hope is that they preview #3 and people get excited enough to waste their time until that is available by coming back to #1+#2.
Wait, nobody's coming back for #1/#2 if D4 is a deviation from the aRPG genre because of the excitement. Sure you can get back to D2/D3, because you'll skip D4, but I don't see them announcing D2 HD and D4 meme game in one and the same Blizzcon year - that would be the 2016 troll on steroids.
I think you are too pessimistic about the big project - it makes much sense for it to be exactly D4 heavily in the direction towards MMO and first/third person view (not a top-down one or possibly with the option to bring it kind of top-down). The reasons are too many - main one is they currently don't have an aRPG that are monetizing in their squad. Why miss the opportunity to do it with D4? Why give up on a whole genre while studios like that of PoE turned a ten crew team into a money making machine with exactly THIS genre? It simply makes no sense, especially when the only thing that you aim is money and you could print this even from the most angry D3 fans the first day D4 drops.
For me D4 could be a disappointment if:
- Not a top-down view (and no option to do it)
- No e-Sport scene (this would mean they will just milk the game heavily with loot boxes and stuff)
- No solution to botting
- Trading as in D2/PoE/D3 AH comes back
- Heavy cartoon type of graphical style
- Worse combat than in D3
Looking objectively they have to be idiots to mess things in D4 after so much years of analyzing D3 and PoE. I mean if D4 is to be an aRPG and they mess it up they should just never touch another aRPG like ever, ever.
Kinda blizzcon floor map shows D3 demo stage so new class obvious! What else who knows... Still at mythic stage they could announce D4 or just D2 remastered, personally I doubt about new Diablo project team and their plans announcing D4!?