Just a small warning for all of you that havent encountered this bug. The armory sometimes just "loses" your legendary gems. They are not in the inventory, stash or other characters, they just vanish. Ive also lost a lvl100+ gem due to this bug...
This was reported multiple times on the official forums. Just a few example threads:
I personally haven't had this problem because i created a "Default" build for all my character slots.
Default build has all gems unsocketed. There for, I I would switch to the "Default" every time I leave the game. This mainly allows me to share my gems with other characters. Say your highest Gogok is a 90, next highest is a 60, you can switch to default and then use that 90 on another character slot.
In retrospect, this actually gave me 0.5 stash tab MORE space. Because I wont have 4 of each gem floating in my inventory. I would only have 1-2 of each gem.
i have never swapped builds with a full inventory because i was aware that the items will be stored in the inventory and might be dropped if its full.. just go ahead and use the armory with your leg gems and somewhen it will hit you too.
If you can't reproduce it, it isn't a bug. It's just a glitch.
Or not at all. It could be many things;
1. Equipped by other characters, as the armory takes the best legendary gem, not the one saved to it. Maybe it isn't lost, just inaccessible to current hero.
2. Inventory overflow - dropped, or sold.
3. lost by a hardcore death.
4. Used to augment an item
...and so on (if i forgot something)
I'm extensively using it, no missing items so far that I can't figure out what happened.
then call it a glitch if you want. i only play softcore and have only two characters, one was just to do the conquest, so he has no items equipped anymore.
so far the only gem i used to augment was a lvl 50 gem to do the season journey, it was definitely not my lvl100 gem.
as i said earlier, my inventory was always clean before i changed my builds. the only time i change between builds is when i change from keyfarming to group meta. and before i play in a group, i clean everything out so i can start right away as soon as i find a decent group.i also always had to store the items that the armory put in my inventory into my stash before i went on. since i know that, i made sure that i dont lose any items. i am also the kind of player that picks up everything that lies on the ground before he leaves the game just to have it cleaned up, no matter how useful the item might be.
believe me, i didnt leave a game with stuff liyng in front of my armory...
There is nothing wrong with the armoury. As was mentioned, make sure that you have space to accommodate in your inventory as when you switch profiles, the gems gear, etc get put back in your armoury. If there is no space to accommodate them, as was mentioned, they drop to the ground and would be unnoticed and lost. I have used the armoury from day one switching between my speed builds and regular and do this on a daily basis. I had zero issues!
1) This has not personally happened to me and I will keep using the armory with my gems. If I lose a gem... I'll have to level it back up. Sucks, but I don't want to give up on the flexibility and most desired feature that the armory provides.
2) To people who doubt this or even call it a hoax: read the bug reports provoss linked. As I said, it hasn't happened to me - but there's actually too many people who reported this bug to make this a hoax. I think the title is misguided (I'll edit it to something more appropriate and less misleading) - but it's a nice heads-up for everyone who wants to take precautions for potential bugs. If you got a rank 120 Trapped gem through some crazy upgrade luck I'm sure you'll appreciate the extra safety warning by the community.
I hope they are entering the issue as I have hesitated using the Armory as I have poorly time to level up my gems. Haven't happened to me, though. Those who have lost their gems, I wonder if there's some pattern that makes them disappear. Full inventory or something like that.
I don't know what provoss means, but I checked that link from first post. And yes, many people are complaining, but still, posts like this
When I switched armors, i didn't save my most recent gems amulets and rings into the armory so when I switched back to my DH hybrid Marauder-Accursed Visage, I lost my amulet, ring, gems. What do I do? They're not in my stash or anywhere else.
yep my bane of the powerful has dissapeered but its still on the upgrade list at the very bottom. its 100% not in stash inv or follower inv and it wont drop another one since its technically "there" pls fix
looks to me like problem between chair and keyboard.