Whats going on Demon Hunters fist post on your boards! (so forgive me if this has been done a million times)
So we know Dex, Crit, AttSpd, and +skills damaged are the go to stats for our quivers.
But what about that last stat?
Depending on the gear you have and the build you are using, for higher greater rifts, I would say its going to be Resource Cost Reduction or Hatred Regen.
If you want to find what one could be best for you. Feel free to check out the video, or the spreadsheet. Honestly I don't know if the spreadsheet makes a ton of seance without the video, so ill leave links to both.
If there is some major error in my thinking, or if you just have something to add please do tell!
Nice video, lot of information. Haven't played the DH "post-tasker" build, so I'm gonna shoot "some" questions.
I realize resources are important now, hence the slow 2H (and the video I guess).
Some BIS items (RORG, WH) have attackspeed with no other good options, and then you try to max them.
- But would you, considering a perfect world having the right rolls on the quiver, roll off the attackspeed?
- And would you go for RCR, CDR or regen?
- If you would not, what would the reason be? You state in high grifts, people shoot less than 50% of what their attackspeed would allow, either because of movement (would stay) are lack of resources. Wouldn't dropping AS from quiver for -some form of increased resources- result in more effective damage?
- You do your calculations with the pride fall buff. No idea how good it works on a DH, but I used to loose it a lot on my Wiz (when 2.0 came out, might be changed, I may have too low skills for the item). Shouldn't your formula include at lease some downtime for this?
- You seem to use max values in your calculations. I guess getting max roll on RCR/CDR would be a lot easier than getting a max roll on hatred regen. I don't know the ranges, but you seem to use 1.5 on that roll. Being just 0.01 off (again, don't know how it rolls and in what range) makes your calculation off by almost 1%. Did you account for that in some way?
- I guess your entire calculation is based on damage. If I remember correct, you mentioned, for hardcore, to go with amethyst and not diamond in helm. Shouldn't the boar taunts, spider slows and ferret insta health globes pickup, espescially for HC and solo play, give some "bonus points" to cooldown reduction? Same like RCR could get bonus points for working with disc and thus more vault/smokescreen?
PS: My question are legit, I want to get some insight on those points from theory crafters/testers.
Thanks for the video, keep up the good work, and I would love to see your (and others) opinion on my questions.
1. If you could roll the attack speed off, I would not. I think 20% is to big of a gain. If Cluster Arrow was the only skill I were shooting maybe, but most builds for higher GR's are running a generator.
4. It's fair to include downtime, and i guess could of been added. But in the best rifts for a DH and the ones that can be potently cleared the fastest are full of zombies and slow mobs. To get full benefit out of steady aim and/or zei's and the fact your pretty glass staying far away form mobs is ideal. Getting hit more then a few times is going to send you to town, for the hardcore, or get you killed in softcore.
5. When talking about endgame gear I like to always look at it with max rolls. But yeah if your quiver does not have max rolls this will not 100% apply.
6. I've actually been running Vit on the helm with no socket for solo.
Like i said in the video i cant take into account every situation, and tried to stress assumptions are being made.
Anytime someone watches a video like this, or even is just having a conversation with you. Adding in a little brain power of their own goes a long way. Just like i can tell you did
Side note would of loved to added in elite damage as one of the comparisons, but really was not 100% sure on how to add it into the mix.
1) I totally forgot about generators, not sure how well they scale with attackspeed. But, keeping it on quiver it is.
4) Ok I see, calculation for getting high ranked, including perfect items and fishing, got it. Makes sense to not apply downtime then.
5) Again, endgame gear. Tbh, did not expect a video about something I expected to be basic (seems it isn't) to be based on endgame items. My bad there.
6) It sounds funny to me how you have "low respect" for the survivability skills. But, I'm a softcore scrub, and you know your char better than I do mine, so I trust your judgement on that one.
Seeing your (valid) replies, maybe I should not have posted my questions in here. As I said before, resource management sounds like the basic for the class, and I did not expect the calculations to be around near-perfect gear, pushing for the high ranks.
Thanks again for the feedback, time to start working on my DH
Seeing your (valid) replies, maybe I should not have posted my questions in here.
I personally found your original questions, and subsequent reply very useful! Sincere and insightful questions (as yours are) lead to clarifications, evolution of thought and healthy debate/discussion. It is very encouraging to see both the OP and yourself discussing the topic in an informed and healthy manner. I wish we could say the same about other discussion threads!
I avidly follow the Chrome on Rust Videos, and find them incredibly entertaining and informative. However, as a newish HC DH, I struggled with understanding this one (I have simply maxed out on toughness, and hoped for the best!). Your question and comments helped clarify a few things for me, so please do continue to contribute to the discussions!