Hey spont, here's my 2 cents, even though I do not main a Crusader.
Lightning#1121 (YOU KNOW ME SPONTSQUINT)
Pros: There aren't many pros of having the same build being the dominant one over several plus seasons. For the most part, people are attracted to results; if the LoN build is the top for several seasons, that is all people will use which causes the class to become stale. On a personal note, i've always liked the LoN set which allowed more creativity and diversity.
Cons: On that last note, this build does the opposite of what LoN is intended for. Essentially people are bottlenecked into using one build.
Opinions: Crusader has never really been an enticing class for me to play aside from a few of their skills, two of which are Falling Sword and Phalanx. What I have always thought would be awesome would be sets revolving around these skills and i'm not talking about activating it once for damage reduction. These are what I have though would be great sets.
Falling Sword: (damage numbers could use some tweaking) Raining Heaven set
2 piece: Falling Sword gains the effect of all runes and now pulls in enemies within 15 yards.
4 piece: Enemies killed by Falling Sword now also spawn an Avatar of the Order upon death for 5 seconds that deal 500% of your weapon damage as Physical. You also deal 500% more damage while Falling Sword is active.
6 piece: Enemies hit by Falling Sword now take 100% increased damage from all sources. Falling Sword cooldown reduced by 50%.
Phalanx skills redesigned to normally attack for 500% of your weapon damage. They will now cast abilities every 5 seconds. (Each rune gets a different element). 30 second Cooldown. 30 Wrath. 15 second duration.
- (Base) Summon 3 powerful avatars who charge forward to the targeted destination. Enemies caught in the charge path take 500% weapon damage as Physical.
- Bowmen rune: The avatars now shoot piercing shots that deal 500% weapon damage as Physical.
- Shield Charge rune: The avatars now charge enemies with their shield dealing 500% weapon damage as Holy. Enemies killed will explode as 200% weapon damage as Holy.
- Stampede rune (removed).
- (New) Knights rune: Summon 2 Phalanx horsemen that will charge enemies for 500% weapon damage as Fire. Enemies hit take 1000% weapon damage over 3 seconds.
- Shield Bearers rune: The avatars now move next to you and periodically reflect projectiles and block melee attacks. When this happens, enemies nearby take 1000% weapon damage as Physical.
- Bodyguard rune (removed).
- (New) Zealot rune: Summon a Zakarum priest who casts bolts that deal 1500% weapon damage as Lightning to target and enemies within 15 yards.
Phalanx: (Collective Strength set)
2 piece: Phalanx avatars last until they die.
4 piece: Enemies killed by Phalanx now turn into avatars (runed) that last for 5 seconds or until they cast their ability.
6 piece: Phalanx now deals 500% more damage for each avatar alive. (Includes those created from 4 piece).
Eternal Union redesigned: Avatars now use their enhanced abilities whenever you spend 30 Wrath.
Baleful Remnant redesigned: Phalanx now summons twice as many avatars.
I'm not sure what could be done specifically, but I would love to see a better buff to the Roland's for the Shield Bash part of the set, also, do something with the Roland's Set dungeon to be optional for Shield Bash or Sweep.
bring back Shotgun Sader and Pony Sader these things used to be great but fell to the wash of the wall. there needs to be a way for past builds to remain competitve (unless way OP or a bug). even the condemn sader used to be great but doesnt work well T10 or higher like wtf please fix this. Imagine a group where you have condemn sader for grouping things together, Shotgun Sader for RGs, Pony Sader for discovering the map and creating mass aggro, and Invoker Thorns for facetanking RGs to allow the other 3 to be able to attack.... thats what i want to see for crusader #ForeverPony #4manSaderMETA #MakeSadersGreatAgain