With the future perma-CC nerf (not 100% sure), I think I will return to shield bash (mannercookie fire build) instead of sweep.
With the new cube, in jewelry and armor passives, now you will be able to equip Focus+Restraint with the unity affix, even combine String of Ears with Angel Hair Braid affix for more survival.
What do you think is the best combo for weapon?
At this moment, BIS weapons are supose to be Furnace, Maximus and Blood brother.
If Furnace 50% elite damage can be use as a cube passive, the maximus has 2 nice affixes (fire + chain), so I go for:
1) ancient maximus (fixed chain affix, not the fire damage) + furnace affix (you get always max 50%)
2) ancient blood brother (15-20% block chance) + furnace affix (you get always max 50%)
If you can't use in the cube the elite damage (is a normal affix, not unique):
1) ancient 50% elite furnace (hard to get) + blood brother affix (fixed 20% block chance)
Any other possible affixes?
- Envious Blade. 100% crit chance with full mobs health. The patch notes said they will change the Rifts clear balance, less time with the rift guardian, and more clearing the rift...
- Schaefer's Hammer. Casting a Lightning skill charges you with Lightning, causing you to deal 650–850% weapon damage as Lightning every second for 5 seconds to nearby enemies. (Only light skill?)
Another possibility (if you have a very good weapon), is to use the weapon passive in your shield. Thoughts:
- Ancient Piro Marella (easy ancient with craft, hard the 50% reduce cost) + The Final Witness affix (shield glare in every direction)
- Ancient The Final Witness (easy fixed affix) + Piro Marella affix (you get the 50% reduce cost)
- Piro Marella + Hellskull combo (10% enhanced damage)
Trip attack isn't 100% chance to stun on hit, so it may not go anywhere. Furnace affix on the flense or vice versa perhaps. I'd say blood brother affix on furnace for bash would be something I'd like to try out.
If trip attack doesn't get changed then that 50% elite damage with a sweep build would be a good boost, obisdian ring effect along with unity/coe for more akkarat's uptime w/o having to use a generator (looks like those still suck) or F/R.
I'm not thrilled with the amount of notes crusaders have right now as opposed to the other classes though, new set looks underwhelming compared to rolands, but better than akkhan. No updates to core mechanics/passives, I understand cube but cube shouldn't be a bandage for the amount of finishing crudaders still need on a core level. Wrath gen still needs to be looked at, shield bash animation lock out, Falling Sword connect time are all still going to be issues. A new belt/set/ring are only going to highlight the need for core tuning(again) for falling sword as bash needs tuning. Hope for the best prepare for very little, even though its supposed to be a patch for wd,sader,monk I have a feeling only wd/monk come out of this shining.