After clicking that link, you are either faceplaming, laughing or just blankly staring at the screen. Good for you and congratulations!
I made this build because I got bored of the Barbarian game becoming "Get these skills now or you are road kill." That crap is boring as hell! Since when did Blizzard think its was a great idea to make it so leaping into melee range was a bad idea?
"Oh shame on you! You walked up to a mob as a Barbarian and died because of it! What were you thinking!? You made the mistake of trying to do damage as a melee character. I hope you have learned your lesson, you silly barbarian, you!"
Do you want to know what my response to Blizzard lecturing us is?
SCREW THAT CRAP!
Instead of being bored as crap by dealing with inferior class design, I have decided to change all of Diablo 3 into an exciting and fun mini-game of Throwing Weapon Whack-a-Mole! Ohhhhh yeeeeeah!
WHAT DOES THIS BUILD DO FOR YOU?
It lets you use ancient spear and weapon throw to deal damage from far range while constantly feeding you rage to do so. On top of all of that, it gives you the ability to weaken, slow and kite the monsters around while killing them in a reliably fast and fun fashion. You stay alive by using sprint so you don't need to necessarily go sword and board. Throw in a cooldown like Call of the Ancients to spice things up and you got yourself a build that doesn't have you on your knees, praying and selling your soul to the infamous demigod, Revenge.
BUT WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO MAKE THIS BUILD WORK?
Well the steps are...
1. Equip a two handed weapon
Yep! That's right! All you need is reckless high damage rating and two brain cells to rub together in around to sprint around and chuck crap at the bad guys. You can even have movement speed boots, Magic find gear, gold find gear, or any other silly stat you are fond of.
YOUR SETUP IS...
Weapon Throw [Mighty Throw]
Sprint [Run like the Wind] (or other runes if needed)
Ancient Spear [Skirmish]
Threatening Shout [Intimidate]
War Cry [Invigorate] (Or another rune if you somehow think regen on the run is a bad thing)
Call of the Ancients [The Council Rises] (Or another Rage cooldown skill that you prefer)
UNFORGIVING! (... unless you want another passive that's more helpful to you)
TIPS OF THE TRADE
- Use Ancient spear to build rage and do damage and constantly use it on cooldown.
- Pay attention to see if Ancient Spear resets itself with a critical hit
- Whenever you are not running, you can stop to shift+attack or left click attack the bad guys when you are at a safe distance.
- Use threatening shout and war cry on cooldown to build up rage and to slow/weaken mobs that are closeby.
- Never run up to a mob to debuff them if you're not sprinting. Debuff them if they are advancing towards you instead.
- Pop sprint liberally to keep distance between you and the bad guys and to do damage to them with dem tornados.
- Use Call of the Ancients to help deal with elites, champions or certain phases of boss fights.
GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR NEW "THROWING DART BOARD" MINI GAME!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Some people tell me I'm going to hell. I just let them know that I've already packed my bags!