Ten Ton Hammer of the Ancients: It has greater delay (like 0.5 or 1.0 second), but cause much, much more damage and hit nearby enemies. Visually the hammer will have a metalic aspect instead of a purely spirit one.
Spirit Hammer: After using the hammer of the ancients, the barbarian summon a floating hammer that will attack enemies for 3 or 4 times before fades. Visually tne hammer will have a pale colour and even more ethereal colour.
Thor's Hammer of the Ancient: Unleash a lightning nova uppon impact. Criticals will cause stum.
Furious Hammer of the Ancient: Hits multiple times (like a paladin's zeal in D2 but in the same area/target). The hammer will have a blood red aspect.
Quake Hammer: Unleash a small shockwave in all directions, causing small physical damage and knockback.
It is known that Barbarians heroic enough to be recognized by others of their own culture, can channel the forces of the Ancients. The variety of these forces are limited, but not in any means underpowered. It is common to see a Barbarian wielding an almighty, summoned hammer. A veteran Barbarian once told me, the power of the hammer was a weapon to be reckoned with, especially if he was dealing with a demon one-on-one. However, when foes surrounded him, the hammer was not a choice. He learned to smash the ground with the hammer instead, sending a shockwave of lightning through the ground and causing his enemies to become stunned.
Adding a rune to Hammer of the Ancients will hit all nearby enemies with instantaneous lightning damage. The farther away the enemy, the less damage. Has a 75% chance to stun each target in a 3 yard radius.
- The hammer smashes enemies with range into the ground immobilizing them for X seconds.
- The hammer is thrown tomahawk style and damages all enemies in its path.
- The hammer is cast during WW increasing damage by 100% until WW is complete.( spin with the hammer )
- The Rage cost of Ancient Hammer is lowered, and it can only hit 1 target now.( boss kill )
- Hammer of the Ancients strikes in 4 directions, and each attack deals 25%(25-35% would be acceptable I bet) of what the damage would have been.
- The hammer deals intense damage causing hit monsters to flee for X seconds.
Thought I came up with a pretty damn good idea for a rune here, tell me what you guys think.
"Your Hammer of the Ancients strikes the ground with enough force to shatter the ground beneath it, raising a wall of earthen shards in front of the Barbarian to block spells and ranged attacks. Lasts X seconds or until Y attacks have been absorbed."
+1 I really like that idea! I can picture the animation, it could copy the texture from whatever surface you cast it on, so dirt will look like dirt, but if you cast it inside on a stone surface it will look like stone. Great idea Monath