Recently I have noticed that on 4 men leader board, Lots of barbs are using this Furious Charge support build, 4 pieces of Raekor set, Pig Sticker and Solanium as weapons. Due to lack of guide on this build at the moment, I had a few questions would like to ask someone:
1. Currently there are quite variety of gemming pig sticker and Solanium. I have seen: Yellow for thorns damage, also Purple Life per Hit, some barbs also just gem them with Red. Last, there are a few using gem of ease. Any thoughts?
2. I have watched some videos on youtube, due to the density of mobs and spell effects, it is hard to tell when to use furious charge, when to use HotA. From what I saw, the streamer was spamming furious charge, I couldn't see when he used HotA. Could someone explain to me about usage of these two spells please? Do you spam both of them at the same time?
3. Last one (sorry about these questions), a few barbs uses 3 Raekor pieces with Illusory Boots (move through enemies). Is it more effective than 4 pieces Raekor tier set bonus? Note, they do not have Ring of Royal Grandeur equipped or cubed.
Make sure you are viewing the correct page when looking at their gear.
if you go to battle net and just view the profile, that's not necessarily what they were wearing the the Grift. Instead while in game go to the leaderboard page and click the "view hero details" option which will give you a snapshot of exactly what build/gear was used to clear their personal best as shown on the leaderboard.
i have seen it reported in a couple places that really high end 4 man groups actually don't use sockets in weapons as none of them have a significant impact, and the sockets introduce lag to the game. But if your not that hardcore, amethysts make the most sense on ZDps.
1) High rifts can lag a lot due to server-side calculations because of grouping more mobs and DPSing them longer. So you try to remove some non-essential, expensive calculations. This is especially true for support builds. Usual suspects are: any kind of dots, esp. from Toxin and PE (reserved to wizards), Area damage, Life on hit. So 0 Area damage and 0 LoH is important.
2) FC does 2 things: proc band of might (so use it every 8s) and go through mobs (removes the need for illusory boots). When you don't need either, spam HotA.
3) 3 raekor + illusory without rorg makes no sense. The armory must have caught a gear swap.