So I'm getting bored as hell lately and I've wondering if you guys want to bring back this mini-game in Diablo 2. Everything you need to know is below. Let me know if you guys want to join. Also, if you want the main rules of the mini-game, skip down to the In-Game Rules.
Juggernaut (sometimes called Ironman) is a mini-game to play Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction at the absolute hardest difficulty. I am not lying here, IT IS HARD and it is not meant for people who just started the game or you are getting used to it. You make a new account, so realm and ladder issues are a non issue. This requires nothing beforehand except being able to connect to battle.net and the ability to play the game at a reasonable level. You just hop on board. The main idea of Juggernaut is not only to play the game at its hardest, but to use only what the game provides you, and to use it to your full advantage. Please read the rules thoroughly and if you have any questions, please ask.
- Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
- A New Account Specifically for Juggernaut
- The account name: IRON-xxxxx
- Each character is designed for one juggernaut run only.
- There cannot be 2 character classes of the same type (unless it's 8 man. Talked about later)
- Each character must be Hardcore
- Each character must be Ladder
- Meet in a designated channel (usually being "op juggernaut")
- Wait for every player to come.
- Answer any questions.
- Figure out who is the leader.
- Solve any problems.
- If there are 8 people, then have there be 2 sorceresses.
- Party everyone and let everyone loot your corpse.
- Start when everyone is ready - You cannot buy items from vendors.
- You cannot buy potions or any kind from vendors.
- You cannot repair any items from vendors.
- You cannot go to a healer to heal you.
- The only exception to those rules above is if you must talk to someone for a quest related topic.
- The HellForge hammer can be repaired.
- All quests must be done.
- All Waypoints must be taken.
- Class-Specific Items go to that class.
- Class helping Items go to that class.
- Drop any unwanted items in town.
- Collect all the potions that you can, and save them.
- Be a team player
- If you lag and you're in a dangerous environment, you may quit the game and rejoin.
- If your window closes and you're in a dangerous environment, you may quit the game and rejoin.
- Listen to the leader.
- If one person needs to stop, wait for him.
- Hellforge can be done for every person in the team separately. Teammates are required to help that member get it, and they can unparty when that member is getting his forge.
- Don't do anything stupid. <---- I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!
Q: You call this ironman a lot, is that the same thing as juggernaut?
A: Ironman used to be the official name for this mini-game, but because people did not want to quest all the way, they made ironman a game where you level up until level 9, and duel. Juggernaut is now the old ironman, where you quest.
Q: On Jsp, ironman is when you level up until level 9, and duel. WTF?
A: Just like above, ironman USED to be questing, but because of time, people did not want to play it as much. So they just made it so you dueled at level 9.
Q: Will I need anything before playing this?
A: Besides the ability to make an account on Battle.net, you don't need anything before playing this.
Q: Will I need a lot of time for this?
A: Yes. You will need around 3-4 hours minimum unless we all drop dead at the Raven, which probably won't happen. So we will find a time which will work for everyone, usually being nighttime.
Q: I don't have Diablo 2: LoD! WTF?!?!?
A: If you still have your CD-Key, Blizzard let's you download their games off of www.battle.net Go on that site and put in your CD-key and down load the game. If you don't then that's too bad. No juggernaut for you!
Q: I came late on the day of the juggernaut. What do I do?
A: Due to the fact that the time has been up for a week and you signed up for it with plenty of time to ask me to move the time so you can participate in this event, if you miss it, you will have to sign up for the next week's run. We will not wait for you. If it says 7 pm PST, then it means that time. If you are late 15 minutes, that is reasonable. But anything beyond that is ridiculous.
Q: So it's the middle of the run, and I have to go. What happens?
A: It really depends. If we are killing everything in the Den of Evil, and you have to leave to Japan, we won't wait for you and just continue onward. However, if it is a in depth juggernaut and we have been playing for a while, we respect that real life comes first and the game second. We will stop for you, and arrange a time later.
Q: What happens if we don't finish the juggernaut run in one day?
A: An arrangement of time will be set that will fit all the surviving members to continue that run. We hope to finish all the runs we do, and not forget about them.
So let me know if you guys are interested. THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME, so keep that in mind. We would do it at a time where everyone is happy since I know a lot of people are busy.
If you are going to join, fill out this form:
DiabloFans User: New BNet Account Name: Iron- Character Class: Run Number: Character Type (optional): Character Name (optional):
RUN NUMBER ONE:
Leader: Irrational - Sorceress - Cold Member 2: Periculm - Assassin - Melee (kicksin) Member 3: Lt. Venom - Paladin - Ice Zealot Member 4: Flobbernoggin - Druid - Fire/Summon Member 5: GangsterSheep - Barbarian - Howl Member 6: Member 7: Member 8: