I'd go for a one-element sorceress, personally. Yes, you need a henchman, but I usually have an Act II henchman anyway. I'm doing a lighting sorceress right now and she's pretty cool, but the damage may be a bit unstable. Still, tons funner than the Fireball.
meteorb of course...one tree sorc builds suck...imo
Well, if you dont go one tree for sorc's, you are pretty much cutting all your damage in half no matter what combination of skills you use. One tree sorc's bring out the full potential in whatever skill branch they master. If you get frustrated with immune monsters, just stack up your merc with decent gear and let them take care of it. I have successfully built:
1. Lightning Sorc (best build ever)
2. MF Bliz sorc (Not too shabby)
3. Fireball sorc (Awesome in PVP)
4. Hydra sorc (Fun to play with and decent enough damage to get by hell)
5. Orber (Lack of damage but great croud control)
6. meteorb (Sucked balls in comparison with my other builds)
I have built in one ladder season, 17 gfg builds with top of the line gear. I know which are good and which are not worth wasting time on.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!