So true lol.. man i never played 2 much single player lawl.. i think i beat the game like once in single then hit online up soooooo fast lawl.. glad i did otherwise i would of never met so many good friends
It all kind of happened the other way around for me.
I am also quite a fan of necromancers, as if it's not obvious from my picture <==
I like summoner the best, on my 85 Necromancer i think i got skellies, mages, and mastery up to about 37.
Besides that i usually use a clay golem, because with the slow effect, decrepify, and ice skeleton mages, when i fight bosses, they move so slowly i can see each individual frame of their animation as they move
I also usually play summoners of some sort, in any game that has them. Example: Warlock in WoW, Conjuror in oblivion, but none of them really lets you make an army like the necromancer in D2 can
i hope that they keep the skeles but i also hope that you can summon like demons and stuff like that ( not ones like diablo but lesser demons )
Well, i think demons are really a different thing than what necromancers do, but it would be neat if they had a vizjerei or corrupt vizjerei mage who could use demonic magic and summon demons, like horazon.
I think one thing that would be cool for necromancers, is to be able to create a dragon out of bone, in the image of their master, trag'oul, and it would be tower over the rest of the skeleton army
been playing necros for almost 2 years and tried quite a few specs.
1. bone/golem used to have Blood Golem with Iron Maiden and Bone Spear for mass damage but since they changed things and the Blood Golem didnt regain life from the Iron Maiden damage it wasnt that good.
2. Lower Resist and Poison Nova. Mass damage with extra awesomeness. Some Bone Armor and Wall to keep them away was helpfull too!
3. Iron Maiden and Confuse. Was more of a fun spec i tried out early on around patch 1.05 Was funny to have one group confused and the other with Iron Maiden and watch them kill themselves while i got the xp.
4. Amplify Damage and Corpse Explosion. Was pretty common around patch 1.08+ but i didnt have too much fun with it.
5. summoner. Before they made it possible to move through the minions, a pain in the ass. Was pretty funny to have 3 summoners lag the Chaos Sanctuary run (around 60 minions each) while playing classic D2. People just ran away from us ^^
Who likes necromancers? Not me! I've got this bloody necro' named
Bob who lives next door to me. Always with the "RISE!" and "YES
MY PRETTIES!". It could be 4 A.M. and the moans of the zombies
wake up the entire block. I finally had enough a few days ago
so I went over to Bob's to politely yet firmly ask him to save his
ressurections for the daytime. He looked at me rather oddly and
promptly summoned my dead cat Mittens from the earth in front
HAHAHA nice one man.. but i must say that the necro pwned you right there tehe
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
You should not fear death but embrace it 4 death is a release from the pain that you suffer on earth..
A necromancer, once achieving great power, can abandon his mortal form, his spirit no longer bound to his former body. Necromancers who have achieved this remarkable ability, while few, are the personal servants of trag'oul, performing his personal wishes, which can often include killing people who's lives may be upsetting the balance. This duty in particular, has given these powerful necromancers, (sometimes called liches) are feared as the very face of death.
^i tried to emulate the manual's descriptions
Now this form could do a few different things, my ideas are:
a) Increase Mana
Increase spell dmg, and summon dmg/healt, decrease health
c) Makes damage the Necro take, is split among minions. City of villains had a good way to do this, the player takes 2 shares of dmg, and the summons take 1 share of dmg.