1. You Only Get 1 Skill Respec Per Difficulty: (Skills, Death, Difficulty)
1. You Only Get 1 Skill Respec Per Difficulty for completing the Den of Evil quest. After that the only way to respec is to farm the Act bosses in Hell difficulty to create respec Token of Absolution's by combining the four types of Essences in the Horadric cube.
Death Warning #1: When you die you leave your "body" behind with all of your equipped gear and must run back to where you died to get it back. Death Warning #2: Or you can exit and rejoin the game and the body with the highest remaining gold value will appear in town to be picked up, but all other bodies will disappear. This is a common way people permanently lose items. If you die once and can't easily get your 1st body, immediately leave or get help.
Using Skill Points in Diablo 2:
1. You can max out each skill with 20 points, although bonuses to skills from gear pushes this beyond 20.
2. Only focus on maxing out 1-2 main attack skills and their synergies or else your skills will become too weak later on.
3. There are quite a few weak and mediocre skills in Diablo 2 so choose very carefully or you may have to re-create your character if you've already used your first Den of Evil Respec.
Viable Skills for Every Class: (Check #23 for Gearing options for all classes) -Sorceress - Blizzard/Frozen Orb/Meteor/Fireball/Fire Wall/Lightning (cold is best, lite is great w/ Infinity, fire is weak due to immunes)
Support/Utility: Teleport/Telekinesis/Static Field -Paladin - Blessed Hammer with Concentration/Holy Shield with Smite/Zeal with Fanaticism (blessed hammer is best, use Smiter for Uber-Killing)
Support/Utility: Vigor/Redemption/Charge/Salvation -Barbarian - Frenzy/Double Swing/Whirlwind with Concentrate/Berserk/
Support/Utility: Leap/Battle Orders/War Cry/Battle Cry/Battle Command/Find item/Increased Speed/Natural Resistance -Druid - Tornado with Hurricane/Fissure with Molten Boulder (Wind is best)
Support/Utility: Grizzly/Oak Sage/Shock Wave/Fury -Necromancer - Raise Skeleton/Corpse Explosion/Clay Golem/Revive/Poison Nova/Bone Spear
Support/Utility: Amplify Damage/Decrepify/Life Tap/Lower Resist/Bone Prison/Attract/confuse/dim vision -Assassin - Lightning Sentry/Death Sentry/Fire Blast/Dragon Talon (Lite Traps are best)
Support/Utility: Burst of Speed/Shadow Master/Shadow Warrior/Fade/Cloak of Shadows/Mind Blast/Psychic Hammer -Amazon - Charged Strike/Lightning Fury/Penetrate/Pierce/Exploding Arrow/Freezing Arrow (Lite Jav skills are best)
How Difficulty works in D2R:
1. In Diablo 2 you start out in Act One Normal, you cannot change this until completing each difficulty. You have to defeat the act bosses to progress up to Act 5 Baal. Once you kill him you progress to "Nightmare". Then you can make Normal and Nightmare games.
2. The game will play the same in Nightmare but the loot table opens up to much better item drops/Affixes, every mob has exponentially higher life + damage, you get a -40% debuff to all resistances and some monsters start to be completely immune to certain types like Fire Immune or Lightning Immune.
3. You then Defeat Baal in nightmare to progress to Hell. Hell mode opens up the entire loot table in lvl 85 areas, it gives you a -100% debuff to all resistances and MANY monsters will be immune to certain types of spells and some will even have double immunities. (yikes!)
Note: Type /playersX (x=1 to 8) to artificially boost difficulty and item drops in Single Player only [Check #13]
"Why Am I leveling slow?"
For MAXIMUM experience from monsters:
lvl 1-11: Act One
lvl 12-18: Act Two
lvl 19-23: Act Three
lvl 24-31: Act Four
lvl 32-36: Act Five
lvl 37-43: Act One, Nightmare
lvl 44-48: Act Two, Nightmare
lvl 49-52: Act Three, Nightmare
lvl 53-62: Act Four, Nightmare
lvl 63-73: Act One, Hell
lvl 74-80: Act Two, Hell
lvl 81-83: Act Three, Hell
lvl 83-94: Act Four, Hell
lvl 95-99: Act Five, Hell
2. Put most stat points into Vitality: (attribute info)
2. You need to put most stat points into Vitality or else you'll die very easily.
-You can put 15-20 points into Energy in the beginning to help with spells/skills, but not too much. Using mana pots is the way.
-Typically only put enough points into Strength/Dexterity to wear gear.
-Dexterity does increase attack rating for physical attacks, but don't stack it needlessly high and cripple your life. 95% chance to hit is max.
-Vitality also increases stamina which allows you to run longer. (When running your defense automatically becomes zero)
-Buy stamina potions to restore stamina to full and gain unlimited for 30 seconds per potion. (effects stack) Dexterity for Blocking: at higher levels with better shields you can respec your attribute points to increase dexterity to increase your block chance up to a max of 75%. But only put enough for max block and minimum strength for gear and then the rest in Vitality again.
3. Your Inventory Space is Very Limited: (tips & tricks)
3. Your Inventory Space is Very Limited so you'll need to make frequent trips to town to sell and/or put items in your stash.
WARNING: when you die you not only drop your equipped gear but you also drop your equipped gold and suffer a percent loss.
Gold & Inventory Tips:
-Put gold in any shared tab so it doesn't suffers a penalty loss on death
-Pick up things like Throwing Knives and items with +skills to sell
-Use The Shared Stash To Transfer Items & Gold to other characters and store all your GG items. If you run out of space create a random class to store more. Name them something like "UniqueMule" or "GemMule" inline with what you give them to hold.
-Buy The Tome of Town Portal & Tome of Identify and keep them both on you for quick identifying and trips to town. They hold up to 20 scrolls each. (Refill Tomes in one click by holding shift when purchasing)
-Always Pick up Charms, Gems & Jewels to socket them into weapons and armor for early boosts and keep lots in your stash for Crafting & Transmuting (See #7 for Cube Recipes)
-Always pick up runes to socket into gear and create Runewords. (The games most powerful gear, see #9)
4. Get a belt and Always Keep it Stacked With Pots: (belt/potion tips)
4. Get a belt and Always Keep it Stacked With Mana, Health &/or Rejuvenation potions. Using them is part of the game. Use Rejuvenation potions to heal life & mana instantly.
-Refill belt in one-click by holding shift when purchasing.
-Upgrade to a higher tier belt for more potion slots! (max 16 slots: Sash/Light belt (8) Belt/Heavy belt (12) Plated belt (16))
-Heal your mercenary or give them Thawing/Antidote potions by holding Shift + 1 2 3 4 to the corresponding potions on your belt. (or drag & drop)
-HC Tip: You can also put Scroll of Town Portal into your belt for quick hot-key escapes!
-Pick up and throw Strangling Gas Potions. They always hit and can help a lot with packs of monsters early on.
-Buy Stamina potions to gain unlimited for 30 seconds. Its effects stack so drink a few and carry more as you run out.
-Antidote and Thawing Potions effects remove the debuff and also boost resistances to Poison and Cold. Their duration and resistance stack so drink a bunch at once to max your resistance!
-Use Antidote Potions before fighting Andariel and use Thawing Potions before fighting Duriel
-Transmute 3 Small Rejuv potions in horadric cube for 1 Full Rejuv.
5. Get Faster Cast Rate: (FCR)
5. Get Faster Cast Rate (FCR) on gear to dramatically improve casting speed of all spells for all classes once you hit your classes FCR breakpoint.
-Also get Faster Hit Recovery (FHR) to reduce the time you get stuck when attacked
-FCR/FHR Breakpoints: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Breakpoints
Note: 10% FCR does NOT mean you cast 10% faster, once you hit a breakpoint your character will start casting MUCH faster.
Exception: The Assassin uses Increased Attack Speed (ias) to improve casting speed of Traps (Shadow Tree still uses FCR)
6. Drop Your Shield at lvl 1:
6. Drop Your Shield at lvl 1 On All Classes. There are Block Frames and Block Chance in D2. When your block frames are low it actually causes you to get locked up and prevents escape or subsequent attacks. Wear shields once you have better ones a little later on. (Exception: Paladin. His block frames are great even with mediocre shields, especially with Holy Shield)
7. Keep The Horadric Cube on you for extra storage: (Cupe Recipes)
7. Keep The Horadric Cube (from Act 2) on you for extra storage while slaying demons. You can also transmute things like 3 gems into a higher quality gem and the same with Runes, Skulls & Rejuv potions. You can even Craft, Upgrade and Socket items!
Socketing Notes & Tips:
-Socket Topaz, Rubys, Emeralds & Sapphires into weapons for an early damage boost for you and your mercenary! (buy from charsi, see #11)
-you cannot socket already socketed items.
-When socketing with Cube, only use white bases. Superior, [violet]Magic[/violet], Rare, Set or Unique items do not work.
-When using the horadric cube it gives a 50% percent chance for the max number of sockets.
-Gloves, boots, belts, rings, amulets, javelins and other throwing weapons cannot have or gain sockets
Using Larzuk Quest for Sockets:
-# of sockets Larzuk puts in your items depends on the rarity and item level
-Unique, Set, and Rare items = 1 Socket
-]Magic items = 1-2 Sockets (random)
-White/Grey items = Maximum amount of sockets based on item level
Important Cube Recipes:
-Reroll Amulets & Rings: 3 Rings = 1 Amy, 3 Amy = 1 Ring
-Repair & Recharge items: Ort + Chipped Gem
-Open Secret Cow Level: Wirt's Leg (Tristram) + Tome of Town Portal. [ There Is No Cow Level ]
-Socket "normal" Weapon: Ral + Amn + Perfect Amethyst
-Socket "normal" Armor: Tal + Thul + Perfect Topaz
-Socket "normal" Helm: Ral + Thul + Perfect Sapphire
-Socket "normal" Shield: Tal + Amn + Perfect Ruby
-Remove Socketed items: Hel + TP scroll (runes/gems are destroyed)
-Up Normal Unique Weapon to Exceptional: Ral + Sol + Perfect Emerald
-Up Normal Unique Armor to Exceptional: Tal + Shael + Perfect Diamond
-Up Exceptional Unique Weapon to Elite: Lum + Pul + Perfect Emerald
-Up Exceptional Unique Armor to Elite: Ko + Lem + Perfect Diamond
-Up Normal Rare Weapon to Exceptional: Ort + Amn + Perfect Sapphire
-Up Normal Rare Armor To Exceptional: Ral + Thul + Perfect Amethyst
-Up Exceptional Rare Weapon to Elite: Fal + Um + Perfect Sapphire
-Up Exceptional Rare Armor to Elite: Ko + Pul + Perfect Amethyst
-Full List: classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml (copy-paste into browser, currently de-linked)
8. Farm The Countess: (rune info)
8. Farm The Countess in Act 1, Black Marsh > Forgotten Tower lvl 5, from lvl 6-12ish. Then continue to farm her as needed in normal to nightmare mode to create your first runewords (most powerful weapons/armor in the game > list in #9)
-Hellforge Rune Drops: (A4 Quest)
Normal: El to Amn
Nightmare: Sol to Um
Hell: Hel to Gul
High Runes [Sur, Ber, Jah, Cham, Zod] are best found farming Chests in Lower Kurast & The Arcane Sanctuary and by farming mobs in areas like The Ancient Tunnels or Secret Cow Level in Hell difficulty.
9. Create Stealth at lvl 17 and other powerful runewords: (games best gear)
9. Create Stealth Amor (Tal + Eth) at lvl 17 for all classes and other runewords too! Its easy to farm the runes from the Countess & Hellforge for all early to mid game runewords and they drastically increase your damage and defense!
WARNING #1: You cannot create runewords in anything but white and superior bases. Meaning [violet]Magic[/violet], Rare, Set and Unique items with sockets will NOT work. WARNING #2: you cannot socket already socketed items. Even with Larzuk A5 Quest, the item must have no sockets to get sockets. Using the cube gives a percent chance for different socket numbers and Larzuk quest will always give the maximum number of sockets for that items ilvl. WARNING #3: Always double Check Runeword recipes to make sure you put the runes in the correct order and in the correct item type. (Many people accidentally put
Polearm-runewords inside Spear-class weapons for example.)
-Choose bases with low strength and dexterity requirements.
-You can easily buy a lot of the bases with open sockets from Vendors too. (See #11) Reset all Vendor items by leaving town through the Main Entrance, Portal or Waypoint.
-Use Hel Rune + TP scroll in the Horadric Cube to Remove all items from sockets, the Runes or Gems will be destroyed in the process.
Runewords & Runes Cheat Sheet (Full List) Useful Early-to-Mid Game Runewords: [os = open sockets]
lvl 13 - Steel (Tir + El) (2os sword/axe/mace)
lvl 17 - Stealth (Tal + Eth) (2os Body Armor)
lvl 17 - Malice (Ith + El + Eth) (3os Any Weapon)
lvl 19 - Leaf (Sorc) (Tir + Ral) (2os Staff Only) (x3 fire skills works for all classes)
lvl 21 - Ancient's Pledge (Ral + Ort + Tal) (3os Shield)
lvl 21 - Zephyr (Ort + Eth) (2os Hunters Bow)
lvl 25 - Edge (Tir + Tal + Amn) (3os Hunters Bow)
lvl 25 - Spirit (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn) (4os Crystal/Broad Swords or Paladin Shields)
lvl 25 - Strength (Amn + Tir) (2os Any Melee Weapon)
lvl 25 - King's Grace (Amn + Ral + Thul) (3os Swords/Scepters)
lvl 27 - Insight (Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol) (4os Polearm)
lvl 27 - Lore (Ort + Sol) (2os Helm)
lvl 27 - Radiance (Nef + Sol + Ith) (3os Helm)
lvl 27 - Honor (Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol) (5os Any Melee Weapon)
lvl 29 - Rhyme (Shael + Eth) (2os Shield)
lvl 29 - Peace (Zon) (Shael + Thul + Amn) (3 socket Body Armor)
lvl 35 - Black (Thul + io + Nef) (3os Flail)
lvl 35 - White (Necro) (Dol + Io) (2os Wand)
lvl 37 - Smoke (Nef + Lum) (2os Body Armor)
lvl 39 - Harmony (Tir + Ith + Sol + Ko) (4os Missile Weapons)
lvl 41 - Obedience (Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal) (5os Polearm)
lvl 41 - Lionheart (Hel + Lum + Fal) (3os Body Armor)
lvl 43 - Wealth (Lem + Ko + Tir) (3os Body Armor)
lvl 43 - Treachery (Shael + Thul + Lem) (3os Body Armor)
lvl 43 - Voice of Reason (Lem + Ko + El + Eld) (4os Sword/Mace)
lvl 43 - Passion (Dol + Ort + Eld + Lem) (4os Any Weapon)
lvl 47 - Duress (Shael + Um + Thul) (3os Body Armor)
lvl 54 - Spirit (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn) (4os Monarch Shield) (Paladin Shields work for lvl 25)
10. Get an Act 1 Mercenary Early On: (Tips & Gear)
10. Get an Act 1 Mercenary Early On from completing the Burial Grounds quest. Then hire the A2 Mercenary right when you get to Lut Gholein at the top corner of the city near the sewer entrance. Once you get to A2 in NM get the one with Holy Freeze.
-Heal your mercenary or give them Thawing/Antidote potions by holding Shift + 1 2 3 4 to the corresponding potions on your belt. (or drag & drop)
-Give them Etheral Weapons & Armors. Mercenary equipped items do not suffer durability damage!
-If your merc is leveling too slow, take off their gear and then hire a new merc at a higher level in town.
-WARNING: Their gear will disappear if you replace your merc without removing it first!!
A2 MERC: (Meatshield) Powerful Auras
lvl 15 = Malice (Ith + El + Eth) Use Scythe or Voulge
lvl 17 = Stealth (Tal + eth)
lvl 27 = Insight (Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol) Use Halberd, War Scythe or Poleaxe (remake in elite polearm)
lvl 37 = Smoke (Nef + Lum) +50 All Resistances
lvl 41 = Obedience (Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal) Crushing Blow
lvl 43 = Treachery (Shael + Thul + Lem) 45% IAS
A3 MERC: (Spell Caster) benefits from FCR
lvl 17 = Stealth (Tal + eth) 25fcr
lvl 20 = wall of the eyeless
lvl 25 = Spirit sword (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn) 25-35 fcr
lvl 29 = Skin of the Vipermagi
lvl 41 = Lidless Wall
lvl 54 = Spirit Shield (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn) 25-35 fcr
11. Shopping at City Vendors for Great lvling Gear and Sockets:
11. Shopping at City Vendors for Great lvling Gear and Sockets:
(Reset Vendors via main town entrance, waypoint, portal or sewer in A2) (os = Open Sockets)
-Akara A1 (N) for +Skills on Wands for Necro & Orbs/Staves for Sorc. You can get x3 to multiple skills! And Scepters for your Pally and Barb, very strong early game.
-Drognan A2 (N) for +2-3 Fire Ball 2os Staff for Leaf runeword.
-Charsi A1 (N) for 2-3os bows, polearms, axes, and 2os Scimitars and Katars. (socket with gems, jewels & runes)
-Fara A2 (N) for 2-3os shields, armors, polearms and 2os Helms. Also ctc Frost Nova when hit gear for crowd control (tinted blue)
-Elzix A2 (N-NM-H) for early Magic Find, Life or Resistance Boots/helms/belts for All Classes. 20% IAS gloves (NM) -Ormus A3 (N) buy a staff with +1 to Teleport *Charges*. NOT items with the (sorcerous only) tag. This will allow all other characters to teleport like the sorc when holding the staff.
^Extremely useful for navigating hard areas like the Maggot Lair & Arcane Sanctuary.
(WARNING: Gold cost to repair charges is very high, restore charges with Ort rune + Chipped Gem in the Cube
-Akara/Drognan (NM) for a Wand with Lifetap Charges for Melee to do Ubers.
-Anya A5 (NM-H) for x2-3 Skills on Claws for the Assassin.
-Gamble at Gheed A1, Elzix A2, Jamella A4 and Anya A5 for a chance at great items!
-Larzuk A5 for 3os helms starting at lvl 39. (can also socket unsocketed gear with quest reward)
12. Focus on killing Boss & Champion groups:
12. Focus on killing Boss & Champion groups:
-They give 500% experience and are 3 lvls higher than area level.
-Champion groups give 300% experience, so don't waste too much time killing many normal mobs.
(unless its just too fun? 'Gotta kill-em-all!' )
For Single Player:
-Use /players8 to maximize XP from mobs
-When you get to Act 5 in any difficulty, do the quest to save Anya . You will find her in the Frozen River in the Crystalline Passage. Once Saved she will open a portal to run Pindleskin. Kill him + his minions then Shenk & Eldritch + their minions (Above & Below the Frigid Waypoint), exit game and repeat for very quick experience and item farming.
13.Type "/playersX" (x = 1 - 8) in Single Player: (increase loot + mob xp, hp & dmg)
Type "/playersX" (x = 1 - 8):
-Each level will increase mob HP, Damage & Experience gained
-Number of loot dropped increased every other level: 3, 5 and 7
-Farm Act bosses on "/players3" this caps out the loot drop table and prevents the boss from dropping nothing
/framerate: Displays the same stats as /fps, but also includes some memory allocation information.
/fps: Shows in-game framerate. 25 is the maximum display rate. (may change in D2R)
/nopickup: Stops your character from picking up any items in that game unless holding the show item key.
/soundchaosdebug: Plays every sound in the game. Type the command again to turn it off.
/time: Displays your local time and Battle.net server time.
14. Stack Resistances High:
14. Stack Resistances High!: even in normal lightning/poison/fire/cold damage will hit very hard if you have no resistances at all.
WARNING: In Nightmare you get a debuff of -40% and in Hell it is -100% to all resistances. If you don't stack high resistances, you're gonna have a bad time. #southpark
-Socket Tal/Ral/Ort/Thul runes in Armor/helms/shields for 30-35% Poison/Fire/Lightning/Cold resistance.
-Socket Topaz/Emerald gems in shields for lite/psn resistance & Diamond for a boost to all resistances
-Pick up and carry Small, Large & Grand Charms, they can have various boosts to resistances on them. Note: 75% is the maximum, however, some items & skills can help increase past 75.
15. Get 'Cannot Be Frozen' & Damage Reduction:
15. All Classes Need 'Cannot Be Frozen' & some Damage Reduction but especially melee classes or builds.
1.Being frozen is one of the worst and most common debuffs in D2 and causes a lot of deaths. (HC players beware!)
-items with Cannot Be Frozen: Rhyme (Shael + Eth) 2os shield, Death's Guard, Hawkmail, Trang-Oul's Girth, Full Arctic Gear Set, Kira's Guardian
-Items with Half Freeze Duration: Cow King's Horns, Angelic Raiment Full set, affix on magic/rare items.
2. Damage Reduction is very important in Hell because monsters hit like trucks even in /players1.
-Items with Damage Reduction: Stormshield, String of Ears, Verdungo's Hearty Cord, Shaftstop, Rockfleece, Rockstopper, Harlequin Crest, Crown of Ages, Enigma. Note: Max Damage Reduction is 50%, however, you can stack above this number for when you get cursed by amplify damage to retain more.
16. Crushing Blow & Static Field help kill bosses very quickly:
16. Crushing Blow & Static Field help kill bosses very quickly
-Crushing Blow does a percentage of the targets life. 25% VS normal creep, 10% VS hirelings/PVP and 12.5% VS Champions, Uniques & Bosses. (Missle Weapon percentages are halved: 12.5% > 5% > 6.25%)
Items with Crushing Blow: Ribcracker (50), Hone Sundan (45), Obedience (40), Guillaume's Face (35), Crushflange (33), Rattlecage (25), Goblin Toe (25) , Rixot's Keen (25), Knell Striker (25), Gore Rider (15), Venom Grip (5)
-Static Field (Sorceress skill) reduces all mob HP by 25% per cast. This works for nearly the entire health pool in normal, but is capped in Nightmare 25% & Hell at 50%. So you'll have to do the rest of the damage with other skills or your mercenary.
Tip: The runeword Crescent Moon has a chance to cast static field on hit for melee and is relatively cheap to make. (put in 3os Phase Blade)
17. Magic Find for better gear:
17. Magic Finding: also referred to as "MFing". Its the process of running the same bosses or areas over and over in an attempt to find more powerful runes and rare/unique items. This game has hundreds of items that are akin to winning the lottery when they drop.
Magic Find (MF) dramatically increases the [violet]Magic[/violet], Rare, Unique & Set items that drop as you slay demons!
Important Magic Find Tips:
1. First 100 MF is worth as much as the next 200. (Every little bit helps a ton at first!)
2. MF starts significant diminishing returns after the first 300 for everything but Magic items. (See MF Curve Here)
3. When stacking MF, first consider if it will reduce killing speed and/or survivability by too much. If you can kill much faster (or spend less time dying), its not always the best thing to just add more Magic Find.
4. Keep extra MF gear in your other weapon slots and swap to them right before you kill a Boss. MF is only calculated on killing blow.
5. If your Mercenary gets the killing blow, their MF is added to yours.
6. MF does NOT help Rune drops.
Farming Runes, Uber Keys & Bases:
-The Countess (NM-H, Key of Terror)
-Travincal (H, Runes)
-Secret Cow Level (H, Elite Runeword Bases)
-The Summoner (H, Key of Hate) (Open chests at end of each platform for runes. You won't mind 4th-waying as much)
-Lower Kurast (H) (open chests/logs/stashes)
-Nihlathak (H, Key of Destruction)
18. Don't Try to kill everything:
18. You Do Not Need to Kill Every Monster in This Game: (see #22 if you just have to kill them)
-There Are A LOT of "Immune" monsters. They are rare in Normal, somewhat common in Nightmare and very common in Hell, even seeing double immunities. (IE, lightning immune, fire immune, physical immune)
-Skipping monsters is fine or you can try a hybrid build that focuses on two elements like Fire wall/Frozen orb or Frenzy/Berserk.
-Don't feel too ashamed to run away (that monster punked you, you should feel shame)
19. Most Common D2 Acronyms/Lingo:
19. Most Common D2 Acronyms/Lingo: (i probably missed a few)
1. "N" = Normal "NM" = Nightmare "H" = Hell.
2. SOJ = Stone of Jordan Unique Ring
3. TP = Town Portal
4. SP = Single Player mode
5. MF = Magic Find
6. IAS = Increased Attack Speed
7. os = Open Sockets
8. Eth = Etheral
9. PP = Party Please
10. PK = Player Kill. >:)
11. FCR = Faster Cast Rate
12. FWR = Faster Walk/Run Speed
13. FHR = Faster Hit Recovery
14. FBR = Faster Block Rate
15. BO = Battle Orders. barbarian skill.
16. CTA = Call To Arms gives any class Battle Orders
17. Nigma = Enigma Runeword that gives any class Teleport
18. LR = Lower Resist or Low Rune = [El, Eld, Tir, Nef, Eth, Ith, Tal, Ral, Ort, Thul & Amn]
19. MR = Mid Rune = [Sol, Shael, Dol, Hel, io, Lum, Ko, Fal, Lem, Pul & Um]
20. HR = High Rune = [Mal, Ist, Gul, Vex, Ohm, Lo, Sur, Ber, Jah, Cham & Zod]
21. Trist Runs = Low level group runs through Tristram, located through a portal in the Act 1 Stoney Field.
22. Tomb Runs = Low level group runs through Tal Rasha's Tombs at the end of Act 2.
23. Baal Runs = Mid to end level group runs through end of Act 5 to kill Baal and his minions.
24. R4F or Rush 4 forge = Someone will rush you through the game in exchange for your Hellforge Quest Rune
25. Chaos = Referring to the Chaos Sanctuary Area in Act 4.
26. "SC" = Small Charm "LC" = Large Charm "GC" = Grand Charm
27. Skillers = Grand Charm with + to Class Skills (Only found in NM - A3 Flayer Jungle and beyond)
28. Pcomb = + Combat Skills Grand Charm for Paladins
29. Hdin = Hammerdin = Paladin that uses Blessed Hammer build
30. "1" = Safe, "2" = Not Safe. Refers to if a Town Portal someone opens up is safe to take or not. They may be trying to escape death.
31. HoTo = Heart of The Oak Runeword
32. BK = Bul-Kathos Ring
33. CB = Crushing Blow (percentage of monster health per hit, powerful against bosses)
34. DS = Deadly Strike (% chance to deal double damage)
35. OW = Open Wounds (causes target to bleed for dmg over time)
36. DR = Damage Reduction %
37. Torch = Unique Large Charm from killing Ubers.
38. Anni = Unique Small Charm from killing Diablo clone.
39. BIN = Buy It Now
40. FG = Forum Gold (Currency on `D2jsp.com`)
41. Script = Description
42. WTS = Want to Sell
43. WTB = Want to Buy
44. WUG = What do you Got?
45. WUW = What do you Want?
46. NN = No Need
47. t4t = Thanks for Trade
48. ISO = In Search Of
49. Pindle = Pindleskin = Unique monster in A5 through Anya's portal after her quest)
50. Andy = Act 1 boss Andariel
51. Meph = Act 3 boss Mephisto
52. Big D = Diablo
53. Occy = The Occulus Unique Orb.
54. Shako = Harlequin Crest Unique Helm.
55. DND = Sets a Do Not Disturb message for your online profile. Type "/DND message" to set it. This was commonly used to scam players into giving up their passwords. (i never fell for it.. of course..)
56. Amy = Amulet
57. CTC = Chance to Cast
58. WP = Way Point
59. Script = Description of the game. Players use this to reference items they want to trade. Such as "ist 4 script" or "script 4 ist"
60. LK = Lower Kurast (not Lich King)
61. Mobs = Monsters
20. Helpful Exploits List:
---HELPFUL EXPLOITS LIST---
1. Andariel loot bug: All act bosses have a higher loot drop table for their first Quest kill in each difficulty and then reverts to normal on subsequent kills. But for Andariel, if after killing her you immediately go to Act 2 via talking to Warriv, you keep her Quest loot tables permananently. If you leave or drop from the game before Talking to Warriv the bug will not work and you can't re-do it for that difficulty. (no you don't need to avoid talking to anyone or other activities)
2. A2 Merc bug: Get him stuck behind something like closing a door and then walk away from his location, once he teleports to you he is no longer able to be targeted by enemies until you exit game. (ppl typically use the door above the Inner Cloister Way point)
3. Easy Duriel Kill: You can trap Duriel into running in place and unable to attack you at the right side of his cave. Circle around the tomb so hes following close behind you and then hug the top of the screen and drag him down the right side until he gets stuck walking in place. Do not move, kill him from a distance with ranged attacks/potions/minions.
4. Easy Mephisto Kill: You can easily trap mephisto on his moat and kill him from a distance on the other side with either ranged attacks or spells.
5. Easy Diablo Kill: You can get Diablo stuck on the side of his pentagram platform so he can't move.
6. Easy Ancients Kill: You can prevent Talic from using Whirlwind if you are near the edge of the cliff or up against one of the pillars.
7. Skip Baal's Minions: Run down below the entrance to the thrown room before the wave gets summoned and it will skip that wave or lure the minions below the entrance and either run around or teleport back up to Baal's throne and he will spawn the next wave or end and enter the worldstone chamber if you skipped the final wave.
8. Easy Baal Kill: If you can slow Baal enough with Decrepify, slow effects from gear or Clay Golem, Baal will get stuck in a loop attempting to re-cast his attack spells but never fully finishing. Easy pickins.
9. Despawn Baal's Clone: Once baal spawns his clone, use a town portal and wait 10s, re-enter and his clone will despawn.
21. Charsi's Imbue Item Facts:
-Any unsocketed non-magical weapon or armor. (Rings, Amulets, Charms & Jewels do not work)
-Item level is calculated by (Char lvl + 4), regardless of its previous ilvl.
-However, due to its high ilvl, any Diadem can be potentially turned into a powerful item even with a level 8 character
-Low Quality, cracked, crude, damaged or superior items will all work.
-An etheral item will remain etheral even after imbued.
-staff affix generation, for eligible items, works differently. Both the number of skills and the bonus to skills will increase with your char level. So you have higher chances at better staff affixes when imbuing.
To Save or Not To Save:
-Most players save up their Imbue's in each difficulty and use later to attempt to get a powerful Diadem for endgame, but most of these will come out worthless.
-I suggest using some of them for leveling-gear. i have imbued many low level weapons in Normal that carried my characters through most of Nightmare.
22. How to Kill Immune Mobs: (all classes)
1. Your Act 2 Mercenary will help a lot so focus on gearing them up for every class.
-Get the Holy Freeze type from A2 Nightmare. This will chill/slow even cold immunes.
2. Lower Resist Wand from Vendors
1. Buy a Wand with Lower Resist Charges from Akara or Drognan in Nightmare. This will allow any class to cast Lower Resist and break elemental immunities on mobs.
2. To Break Physical Immunes use the unique weapons Spellsteel or The Gavel Of Pain to cast Decrepify or Amplify Damage.
3. Restore Charges with Ort + Chipped gem in Cube
Note: most immunities can be broken but some mobs res is so high it can't like the Fire Res on a Pit Lord. (See all mob Immunity levels here)
3. Hybrid-Builds for all Classes:
Amazon: Charged Strike / Plague Javelin / Valkyrie (Lightning, Poison & Physical)
Assassin: Death Sentry / Lightning Sentry / Fire Blast / Shadow Master (Lightning, Fire & Physical)
Druid: Hurricane / Tornado (Cold & Physical) or Fissure / Molten Boulder (Fire & Physical) (much weaker)
Necromancer: Decrepify / Raise Skeleton / Corpse Explosion / Revive (Physical & Fire + immune breaking)
Sorceress: Static Field / Blizzard or Frozen Orb with Nova, Fire Ball, Meteor or Fire Ball (2 elements)
Barbarian: Frenzy or Whirlwind with Berserk. (Physical & Magic)
Paladin: Blessed Hammer / Concentration. (The Hammerdin needs no hybrid build. Not alot of Magic Immunes)
4. Infinity on A2 Merc (last because of rarity)
-There is a runeword called Infinity (very expensive) that you can give your A2 Mercenary that has a lvl 12 conviction aura (paladin skill). This gives -85% to enemy resistances in a radius of 13.3y.
-To break mobs with extra higher immunities use Infinity + Lower Res wand charges. Although there are still a few mob types that still can't be broken even with both.
-Your dmg does not benefit from the additional -res affix on infinity.
23: Gearing Guides for Melee, Casters and Mercenaries
-Spirit (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn) in a Sword and Shield can be extremely effective for any caster class, the sword being the best starting item.
-When trying to use Larzuk Socket quest (A5) or Horadric Cube you have to use the correct item level of Crystal Sword / broad sword or you'll either get too few sockets or too many. This guide will show you the safe spots to find a sword with 4os or make 4 sockets.
Finding Runes for Spirit:
Tal & Ort: Awarded for A5 Quest 2. (free the barbs)
Thul & Amn: Countess (NM)
3 Ith = Tal
3 Ral = Ort
3 Ort = Thul
3 Thul + Chipped Topaz = Amn
Finding 4 socket Crystal/Broad Sword Bases:
-Pick up any White & Grey (superior) Crystal/Broad Swords you see in these areas to socket them with Larzuk Quest or Cube.
-Use the Horadric Cube on White bases only: (Ral + Amn + Perfect Amethyst) (WARNING: has a 50% chance at 4os)
Best Place To Find Both Swords:
1. Secret Cow Level (N): Best & Fastest area to farm
2. City of The Damned in A4 (N)
1. ^ & Most Mob drops in A5 (N), BUT make sure monster level is not higher than 40: AmazonBasin Mob Info
1. Any mob from A5 Normal except Bloody Foothills & Frigid Highlands
2. Any Mob Nightmare through Hell
Finding 4 socket Monarch Shield for Spirit:
-lvl 54 required, Strength 156
1. Secret Cow Level (H): best area to farm
2. Any mob in Hell but only in Hell.
note: for Paladins you can find 4os paladin-only shields that are usable at lvl 25.
Credit: Stratigery & Zalumon
Credit & Special Thanks: Diablowiki, The Arreat Summit, MrLlamaSC, Stratigery, Zalumon, Morphin, Rain, Sober2085 & dozens of comment tips from reddit and other forums!
Note: if you contributed in some way and would like your name added, just let me know