Hello guys, I’m Ricardo, huge fan of Blizzard and I’m from Brazil watching Blizzcon from virtual ticket.
I’ve got some ideas about Diablo4 game.
Here they are
1. During the exibition, some screens were showing monsters of the game from close view, almost like a first person version. It would be interesting to have some small and fast cut scenes from dungeons or quests that will show that close view from monsters to put us more into the atmosphere of the game.
2. This idea is bold but it has a great opportunity to add a new gameplay in this open world. It is to add day and night hours into the plain areas. For example 5 minutes is the duration of the day, everything is normal and fine, but it comes night, monster are more agressive and stronger, your vision is impaired because of the night, giving the atmosphere of fear and darkness that Diablo 4 deserves.
- This actually add a opportunity for this: building map for players, that is, quests that players get to farm some stuffs and deliver to build outposts for safety of night hours along the map.
3. The gameplay of Diablo is most us players against monsters, but as we all know, people are chaotic, for that being said, and from lots of examples of zombies movies and stuff, is not just monsters a threat. So this idea is to add some side quests that envolves some histories about some powerfull humans that we gotta fight against (twith a convincent justification about the acts of this enemy).
That is what I have to say for now, I really do love this game and I trully believe that it will be great!
Thanks and I really appreciate what you guys are doing!
About the creation of outposts as like mini quests as a definitive quest that change an especific space of the map for security during horrifying events at night. The reason of this is because it is going to be an open world. So I'm giving this because it will be a huge map and we players would like to do more side-quests or mini-quests that will bring us to get to know better the map and stuff, although it will be a huge map boring focused only on the main story.
The third idea follows the second one. Another idea for a bigger side-quest of the game, like a strong human that wants to get the power of the city or of the commerce. Its just to add some side stories and stuff for us players do along the map.
1. Thats the idea. They are adding in cutscenes, so if there is like a Treasure Goblin behind you during it, you might see it close enough for seeing the details. All monsters get personal details.
2. Making monsters more aggressive during night is something for a minor quest or a feature within limited area. Very cool idea. I dont see this on a general note, which would result in casual players only play at daytime and waiting in town for night to be over, and veteran players vice versa.
3. It seems like Nephalems are rare, and the first born ones was / is more powerful than the watered-down Nephalems that got passed down the generations. Today the titans (the nephalems) are humans, the end-result in Sanctuary mostly have less powerful beings.
Exploiting the seamless transition in the areas and implementing "climbing", I would like to see if Diablo team take this to next level. For example be able to dive into some lake and travel to the depths fighting along the way (there is nothing scarier than deep waters and unknown monsters lurking). Be able to dive you would need to complete some complex quests in advance of course :). Climb high mountains with weather change. All this would be with the camera angle changed to give another feel to the game.
On the runewords topic the thing is that in D2 that was the endgame gear basically and another item group to have (I liked that only common items can be used) maybe retain that...seeing a drop of Ornate Plate (ethereal) was sometimes better than some unique drop. For sure trade runes as well should be in.