I'm already lvl 40 Javazon and am currently traversing HARROGATH and have noticed quite a few comparisons of D3 demonstration come to mind...
I cant remember all of them, as i dont write them down, but my point is, Team D3 are directly using the overall game of D2expansion as their building block for D3.
1. There are bunnies, running around in Harrogath (bloody foothills: first sighting)
2. The walls and doors are breakable.
3. Their are traps (evil urns) that spawn those evil bird creatures in the frozen caverns.
4. Lets not forget the music! AS Epic as can be, makin it feel like u are really going head on head with an army (which u are, both in LOD and D3) plus: listen to bloody foothills music again. Almost synonymous with D3 demo music.
5. the overseers (whip-guys) explode in a manner much the same as how the gluttony incarnate is put together in D3 (bones over skeleton - just backwards)
5.2 also, these overseers turn the enslaved into demonic enslaved by whipping them.
My suggestion is if u have an old d2 completed character, please take the time out to visit harrogath again... and watch the d3 trailer a couple of times. U'll see what i mean, please feel free to add.
Lol, I really don't see why taking a few ideas from their best selling game of all time is a bad idea. Probably because it isn't.
Not really many similarities to WoW, there. I mean, the graphical style is just how Blizzard does it, so that's moot. But other than that I'd say there are very few, maybe some things that worked out very well in WoW, that were probably inspired by Diablo in the first place.
And I do love killing critters, and looking at all the snow! Hah, I wanted to go skiing.