Hello! I'm very new to the meta and the only reason I'm posting to begin with is that this place looks to be both respectful and helpful to all skill tiers. Right now, the only thing really holding me back is a complete lack of knowledge and I would be grateful to anyone willing to share their wisdom. To give you guys a look at my fundamental knowledge, it took almost 6 hours to hit 70 with a fresh season solo wizard without dipping below T2. Probably slow to the meta, but I don't think there's any problems there.
I've noticed the builds section and that is a plethora of knowledge I'll need to research, but right now I've been stuck in the quagmire of getting the gear/resources to push into the higher levels. Haedrig's gift has been the first set I've been able to complete and only time I've been able to play at T6 where my previous strongest can kind of go through T4. I've figured out that avoiding trash mobs in bounties helps improve the times, but that hasn't been really enough.
I thank you in advance for any help you would be willing to give.
1. first thing i would do for season wizard is to get your season starter set. although firebird is buggy right now, it should be good enough for t6.
2. farm t6 until you get your tal-rasha set (shards, drops, and cube) which, imo, is stronger and more reliable than firebird. check the build section, there are a few different tal-rasha build (Wand of woh, spectra blade etc) use build that you have the weapon for. and this should get you to t8-t10, depending on ur gear and paragon.
3. you should have a ton of rift keys by now, so its a good idea to find a group to do greater rift
4. last but not least, play in groups! i know a lot of people prefer solo, but d3 is really a group game right now. Use community options, join an active clan, chat community or even a public game. especially when you just started, say you dont have the gear to do t6 effeciently yet. join pub game on t6 and most people will carry you.
Potpourri: Not a big fan on joining randoms, but nothing wrong with playing with others in an established group. Thank you, something worth looking into.
1. Own it, using it, noticed that it was buggy. My wizard goes from kicking butt to getting his butt kicked depending on the whims of the set.
2. Would be a smart idea.
3. I do have greater keys, but I pretty much use them almost immediately. The message I'm getting is that I should be saving my GRKeys for either higher level rifts exclusively or do so in groups.
4. As I've mentioned to the previous poster, I'm not a fan of D3 pubs. Still, reinforcements for a community/guild wouldn't hurt.
If you are playing a wizard and are looking to push the delseres set is great and owns both of the top builds. I struggled through with firebirds off the bat. But you will want to run greater rifts to get your gems. So hopefully you have your rings and amulet with the sockets. Regular rifts will be great to run for gear, a good measuring stick if you're going for efficiency is how fast you can clear it. It is sometimes better to drop the torment level to speed through. If you are on seasons it is wise to close out a rift after killing the rift guardian. This way you are on your way to getting more gr keys. There is much more advice I could give, some of this you probably might know already. Feel free to ask anything else and I can try to help. Hope I helped out with some things.
There will be things you don't like doing. For some people it's bounties. Some people avoid these. Most people split farm them. Join public games if you can't find 3 other players to speed this up. You don't have to be the fastest at clearing bounties but you should do your fair share. There are 25 bounties and you should do at least a full act of bounties by yourself or 5 bounties. Be mindful of act 3 and 4. If you complete either of these before it becomes the bonus act you could lose the bonus cache. So for these it is usually best not to kill the bosses but the others are fair game. Usually the group should be clearing the acts as they become the bonus. If the bounties are cleared or in process, move to another act and clear one of those. But check after you finish to see which is the current bonus act. You should pick an bounty from that act. Don't expect to make friends during bounties. Everyone splits up. Other than the last bounties where people don't have other bounties to work on don't expect to even be on the same map as them. Be mindful of the shrines in bounties. Some of them have a large bag on top as opposed to a flame. If you see it don't click on. Tell your team that you found a bandit shrine and invite them to your location. This shrine will spawn a bunch of goblins. If you get a rift to the vault similarly invite.
Doing group rifts. Just don't be that guy. Do your transmogs and enchanting offline. Don't make people wait 5 minutes while you go to the bathroom.
Next season you want to do a few bounties before you reach level 23, do some bounties for the recipes and get the cains set that you can craft. This will get you a boost in XP.
JAH8177: I'll take a look at that for Wizard. Biggest reason why I'm running wizard is that I've dabbled in everyone and he is just so far behind everyone else, it's really sad. (WD doing really well despite being setless.) Dropping Torment for speed...seems obvious now that you bring it up, the ol' time/compensation equation. I'll definitely give that a shot. Definitely close out rifts because of the loot.
Actually, I do have a question for you. Socketing gear that isn't helm/weapon. I tend to pretty much go straight diamond. Yay/nay/situational?
CrazyZ1430: Hmmm, split bounties sounds like a good idea. Especially if it means I'm not really playing with others and just trying to get crafting materials. I didn't even know that there were shrines that could summon goblins. That's freakin' awesome! Haven't seen a vault portal yet. One day. For the group stuff, yeah, nobody likes that guy. Do your **** during downtime, not on our time as we say for different yet applicable things.
Thanks for the tips. Pub gaming now sounds a bit more inviting.