Im playing on my barbarian and i cannot for the life of me beat the timer or the rift guardian in 43+ Grifts and i dont understand whats wrong, I get to him with 5-7 minutes remaining and cannot do enough dmg to beat the timer and am having a very difficult time getting the right pieces of gear to drop,
Your main issue is that your Boulder Breaker is on the low end damage-wise and you're missing a lot of potential Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage on your gear.
Here are a couple ways to partially solve that with your current gear:
1. Reroll LPH on your Boulder Breaker to +10% damage.
2. Keep rerolling the CHD your gloves until you get 40%+
3. Reroll the vitality to crit on your helm.
The rest of my solutions basically come down to "find better gear":
4. Ideally, your helm should have Str/crit/ww damage for maximum damage.
5. Other than your weapon gem, your amulet is your biggest potential source of CHD at 100% max. Right now, you have none.
6. You can only have crit chance or crit damage on your RoRG (due to fixed stats and the need for a socket) but right now you have neither.
7. Find a Unity with a socket/critical hit damage as a base stat, than reroll the main stat to whichever stat you're missing. Alternatively, you could swap out Unity for a Convention of the Elements ring, forgoing Unity's damage reduction for even more damage.
8. Find a higher damage (ancient would nice, of course) Boulder Breaker.
Off-Hand I see some things I think could help. (albeit I'm not a barb myself, I just play with one regularly)
first of all, you're missing a lot of crit chance and crit damage, you should always have these on any item where it is possible outside of certain situations (you can only have one or the other on RoRG thanks to the static affixes)
You're missing WW damage on your helm. you could try to get it, although I don't know if it out-value's str/crit/socket, so if you did, you would have to replace vit.
You should replace a passive with weapons master and use ancients - together as one, combined with the effects of WW you become practically invincible.
In general, you just don't have much ancient loot, which really does make a difference, especially your weapon, so it could be it's just a case of waiting it out for more to drop.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I main Carnevil Doctor/Hammer Crusader. Not the best or most dedicated out there, but I do what I can.
should be using ancient's fury to generate fury. not together as one.
He's using a mighty weapon, Weapons master should be more than enough, and using together as one means you can forgo a huge chunk of toughness you would otherwise require in order to increase your damage.
But I guess it's not always agreed upon, and I suppose it's up to the user if they want the extra toughness or not. I won't say under any circumstance that I'm the end all be all on build options, in the end, go whichever way you want and enjoy your time, that's all that matters.
Can I ask why you use physical dmg on bracers when you're runing a lightning ww rune? Do the extra physical help the rend and battle rage dmg that much it makes it better then lighning elemental dmg on that slots?
This guy touched on the problem I see most with people in solo and in group. Learn which mobs are just worth skipping. Sure, big white mobs should be your aim. Kill yellow elites if its amongst a group of white mob. Almost always skip blues and elites that are too dangerous that they will cost you time.