Rat Speed GR100+ Season
Land of the Dead Frozen Lands
Blood Rush Metabolism
Skeletal Mage Singularity
Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish
Rat Speed DPS - Season 13
- This Build swaps the Curse slot for Land of The Dead and makes use of Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish for speed.
- This build requires the Znec in group to run Frailty.
- 1- Doesn't disturb the Rat dealing DPS as does constantly applying curses
- 2- Allows the Rat to gain survivability when it's needed
- 3- Provides the Rat who has just Procced (which kills off all mages) the Essence to get back to 10 mages quickly.
- 4- In situations with 2+ elites the Rat's LOTD + LOTD from znec provides a ton of Essence per second enabling the Rat to direct damage very quickly (so all packs die while frozen)
- 5- It allows the Rat to deal high DPS at distance from the znec - when standing with the znec might kill them (very tight, spicy spots).
- 7- Proc's Lost Time movement speed bonus
- 6- Increases the value from Channelling Pylon and Empowering shrine. With both active the Znec can tp town ;p
- MORE Globes is always better
- The only viable skill swap is Blood Rush; Metabolism for Potency. I prefer the double dash for placement and speed but Potency's Armor is excellent too.
- If you go the Potency route, the Lost Time might be needed to keep up with the group.
- Bone Armor Harvest of Anguish is good on it's own but with Lost Time it's amazing - up to 60% movement speed.
- Chest : Life % or Elite Damage Reduction
- Shoulders : Life % or Area Damage*
- Gloves : Trifecta or Quadfecta [Tier 1] CHD, CHC [Tier 2 ] CDR, Attack Speed, Area Damage*, Int
- Rings : Trifecta [Tier 1] CHD, CHC [Tier 2] CDR, Attack Speed, Damage range, [Tier 3] Int
- Belt : This speed build does not use Dayntees or a curse. WH is required, it's equal to ~1 GR level
- Main Hand : Trifecta or Quadfecta [Tier 1] AS %, Damage %, Essence [Tier 2] CDR, Area Damage*, Int
- Off Hand : Quadfecta or Quintfecta [Tier 1] CHC, CDR, Mage Dmg, Essence, [Tier 2] Elite Damage, Area Damage*, Int
- Physical Damage : 2 slots - Amulet, Braces. Physical damage is HUGE - each roll of (vs Int) is equal to ~1 GR level
- Skeletal Mage Damage : 3 slots - Helm, Boots, Off-hand
- Max Essence on Main hand and Off-hand is required. The damage Essence provides double dips by increasing both Reilena's damage multiplier and Skeletal Mage damage multiplier - both doubled with Simulacrum.
- Other Secondaries: [Tier 1] Melee & Ranged Damage reduction, Single Resists [Tier 2] Pick-up Radius,+ Life After Kill [Tier 3] Health Globe Bonus
- 37-39% is optimal and will allow 100% up-time of Simulacrum if alternated between Rat's properly. It's always worth alternating Sim - make sure to clear up who goes first before running in a new group .
- Target CDR on Shoulders + 2 other slots (+ Paragon & Diamond in helm).
- In my opinion the 37-39% range provides the best balance of CDR and DPS for progressing though speed GR 101-107 in Season. An additional slot of CDR is more of a luxury at these levels and usually at the expense of 5-8% damage.
- If you are at 37%+ cooldown without CDR on rings then you can purely prioritise damage.
- After a certain point (when most items are close to perfect/primal) having one ring with CHC, CHD, Attack Speed and one with CHC, CHD, Damage range provides the most DPS benefit.
- COE rolls with inherent Crit Chance, Krysbin's rolls with inherent Attack Speed and Circle rolls with inherent Crit Damage.
- There is a case to be made for swapping CHC to AS as the znec Crit Caps the Packs with Brittle Touch, however I found that CHC wins out in clear speed
GR Tier recommendations
- Target 2.5mins consistent. Your fastest GRs should be sub 2min and bad GRs ~3min.
- If you have 37%+ CDR, >90% Scythe and Ring Legendary multipliers, Legendary gem levels ~ 10 levels higher than the GR, 2 slots of Physical Damage and 3 slots of Skeletal Mage Damage, then the below should serve well as a guide for efficient XP runs:
- GR Tier / Sheet DPS in Millions
- 101s ~2.6M
- 102s ~3.0M
- 103s ~3.5M
- 104s ~4.0M
- 105s ~4.7M
- 106s ~5.5M
- 107s ~6.4M
- 108s ~7.4M
BiS gear will not guarantee speed and efficiency unless the mages are cast correctly, aimed at the target(s).
A good Rat will keep 10 mages up the entire rift, engage all packs with an initial aimed cast and, in combat, continue to improve placement whilst casting at the pack. Blood Rushing to a target from a significant distance (~40y) will drag mages with you.
All non Jugg Packs must always be killed while frozen. If this isn't happening then either the Rat(s) aren't aiming or their DPS is too low for the tier.
Play this build very offensively
- I consider adding AD as THE end game variation but it is extremely gear gated and only useful from P3k++
- Area Damage is procced by your mages and works well in conjunction with Briggs + Frailty Pull from Znec
- I recommend swapping to Area Damage when you have the right gear - well rolled Quadfecta & Quintfecta ancients. Area damage is not as strong as it is with other meta builds so you don't want to go all in (on jewelry) or settle for non-ancients.
- Only drop life% on shoulders and Intelligence on other slots for Area Damage and ensure the AD roll is worth it (18%+)
- [Tier 1] Shoulders [Tier 2] Quadfecta Main Hand - 24% [Tier 3] Quadfecta Gloves, Quintfecta Offhand
- 1000 Intelligence trade for an AD roll @ 25k Int is 4% sheet and @ 30k Int is 3.3% sheet.
|Critical Hit Damage|
|Critical Hit Chance|
|Resource Cost Reduction|
|Life on Hit|
When your DPS requirement between GR Tiers becomes significant and inherently pools start to mean more, you gain flexibility of adding Vitality in Paragon.