"It's like riding a psychotic horse toward a burning stable"
Movement Speed is the focus of this build, while preserving both power (via Bastions of will) and tankiness (via Akkahns addendum). Gloves of worship for the shrine buffs, including Empowered and Fleeting, for increased resource, movement, and pickup radius. CDR is rolled on amulet to allow for permanent Akkarat's Champion. Cooldown resets via the Rally rune.
The clips in the video were taken over the course of a 50 minute gaming session on stream, hence the lower quality (apologies). However, it shows how good the build can be. Timed 1.5 to 3.5 minute runs with zero paragon allocated to strength, and non ancient weapons.
Pride's fall helps get higher resource until you find an an empowered buff, once you have this buff, consider swapping out Pride's fall for an alternate item temporarily.
Fleeting buff for higher pickup and faster movement.
This build also lends more to longer gaming sessions (of at least 30 minutes I'd say), due to the gloves of worship being so pivotal.
There is the option to run provoke instead of steed charge until you manage to get an empowered shrine. This would ensure enough resource for continual condemn spam, but lower mobility slightly. See other swaps below.
- Base: 25%
- Iron Skin: Flash: 60%
- Krelm's Buff Belt: 25%
- Wreath of Lightning: 25%
- Boon of the Hoarder (don't forget your cosmetic pet, they pick up gold for you): 30%
- Warzechian Armguards: 50%
- Fleeting Buff (from gloves of worship): 25%
- Steed Charge: 150%
- Justice: 5% to 15% (usually only 5% if any)
Of course these buffs aren't up all at once, and in the case of Krelm's and Flash rune for Iron skin, fill different roles to function as a more balanced boost to movement. Wings of Angels also allows great freedom of movement here, providing a very small shield as well, which will help to keep many of the 'not getting hit' buffs active.
I like that this build keeps the bastions of will set. Focus and Restraint boost damage quite a bit, allowing you to keep up even in 4 player games. The F&R modifier also makes up somewhat for not having enough resource restoration when without the empowered buff.
The value of Akkahn's addendum cannot be denied. This gives us Armor, a second revive, additional wrath regen, and cooldown resets on our abilities (occurring once every Akkarat's reset).
How to play:
I use force move to direct my character. The particular signature i've chosen (Justice) is a ranged ability, so you'll have to force move close to targets before casting the ranged attack to be able to hit them with condemn. If you don't like this that's okay, any signature can be swapped in. Your preference. I typically hold down force move unless i'm picking up items.
Usually I only worry about casting signature on elites, larger density or the RG.
This build requires use of autocast. You can use numlock or scripting. I use scripting on a timer (all 4 numbered abilities). What this means is that your steed charge casts will often last shorter than their full duration, and function more as a burst of speed rather than a means of travel.
Using the Vaccum rune on Condemn is huge here though. The pull is amazing for dispatching density quick, even while on the move.
The delayed cast is pivotal to the build, and works very well with the drawn and quarter pull from steed charge.
What happens is: condemn is cast on the timer, then steed charge perhaps is used. While steed is in use, the drawn and quarter pulls those mobs that may have not died yet, but your delayed condemn cast (that was cast before steed charge) still hits them. It's really nice.
Using steed charge in this manner means you get some of the benefits of the charge without the drawback of having to sacrifice condemn cast cycles. It's very efficient, for both movement and damage while on the move.
- Swap steed charge for provoke: too scared to run. This will give higher resource, and allow condemn spam, even without the empowered buff, but will lower movement potential.
- Swap out Gloves of worship and RoRG for Avarice Band. This solves the problem of low pickup radius but lowers clear potential and resource regen potential. My advice is: gear for some level of pickup that is comfortable, and run with the Gloves of worship, but to start out this is an adequate swap.
- Leoric's crown can be a beneficial alternate.
- As mentioned above any signature can be used in place of Justice, your preference.
- As mentioned in the items section, Vigilante belt can be run in place of Krelm's to make up for not having enough CDR on gear.
- Broken Crown (for extra gem drops) - mostly an easy swap to make if you find an empowered shrine.
- Goldwrap (extra gold) - mostly an easy swap to make if you find an empowered shrine.
EDIT (4/11/2018): Swapped out Illusory boots for Pride's Fall, since Wings of angels also gives a similar effect. Pride's fall maintains resource better than any other, even with it dropping off on occasion. Unlike hexing pants, does not have a downside. When you get the Empowered buff, you can consider swapping out Pride's for an alternate item temporarily. Also added some more alternates to the alternates section, possibilities for this swap.