Hello ladies & gentlemen, I'm X9Angel or simply Angel and I'm here to present you my Whirlwind barbarian build. This is a mobile but powerful solo push build, revisiting the classic Rend & Whirlwind combination, that works well in high-tier greater rifting.
- Activate Battle Cry and War Cry. Refresh as necessary.
- Activate Ignore Pain and Wrath Of The Berserker upon encountering your first mob pack.
- While whirlwinding, make sure to apply Rend on enemies.
- Thriving in density, move to the next mob pack when mobs thin out.
- Once your build and gameplay are optimal, Ignore Pain and Wrath Of The Berserker should be available to be activated again as soon as they are off cooldown.
Gear Items & Stat Priorities
- Head – Socket, Strength, Critical Hit Chance, Vitality or Whirlwind Damage
- Amulet – Socket, Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Physical Skill Damage
- Shoulders – Strength, Vitality, Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage (preferred) or Resistance To All Elements
- Torso – Strength, Vitality, Reduced Damage From Elites, Resistance To All Elements
- Wrists – Physical Skill Damage, Strength, Vitality, Critical Hit Chance
- Hands – Strength, Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Area Damage or Cooldown Reduction else Vitality
- Fingers – Socket, Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Damage Range or Area Damage else Cooldown Reduction
- Waist – Strength, Vitality, Resistance To All Elements, +% Life or Armor
- Legs – Socket, Strength, Vitality, Resistance To All Elements, Armor
- Feet – Strength, Vitality, Resistance To All Elements, Whirlwind Damage
- Weapons – Socket, Weapon Damage Range, Strength, Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage, +% Damage
If using a crafted Hellfire Amulet in the Amulet slot, it is recommended to roll a helpful fifth skill passive such as Brawler or Nerves Of Steel else Animosity. Of course, the aforementioned passives above may be changed for either Brawler, Nerves Of Steel or Animosity if rolled on amulet with recommended stat rolls.
If using Ancient Parthan Defenders in the Wrists slot, it is recommended to roll hard crowd control secondary stats (Chance To Freeze, Chance To Stun) to proc the Ancient Parthan Defenders. Soft crowd control secondary stats (Chance To Blind, Chance To Chill, Chance To Slow) do not proc Ancient Parthan Defenders.
- Head – Diamond (Cooldown Reduction)
- Torso – Diamonds (Resistance To All Elements, preferred) or Rubies (Strength)
- Legs – Diamonds (Resistance To All Elements, preferred) or Rubies (Strength)
- Weapons – Emeralds (Critical Hit Damage)
A diamond is recommended in Head slot for Cooldown Reduction. Diamonds are preferred in Torso and Legs slots for increased Resistance To All Elements in high-tier greater rifting. Rubies may be socketed in Torso and Legs slots for increased Armor and Damage in low to mid tier greater rifting. Emeralds are recommended in Weapons for Critical Hit Damage.
If you have any feedback or questions, leave a comment below or catch me live on stream at Twitch.tv/X9Angel. Don't forget to vote up if you find the build to your liking or the guide helpful. Have fun & good luck Nephalem on your journey in Sanctuary!