Meteors rain from the sky in this build. We use the FB6 bonus to gain both damage and defense. Seek out either high density or an elite (preferrably both). It's really easy to Ignite enemies with this build, all you need to do is channel, and perhaps cast Meteor a few times. The Magic weapon Ignite makes it such that you both don't need another fire spell, and it ensures etched sigil doesn't cast any other spell but meteor.
The main damage method is channeling to proc etched sigil. However, we also manually cast meteor in between ES about once every 3s. See below for more info on the rotation. Make sure you are holding down channeling, lest you risk dropping your Deathwish, Etched Sigil, and Taeguk bonuses.
You can either Kite elites to more density, and begin killing of that additional density, or you can whittle the elites down, in the hopes of singling them out. This will allow your Nilfur's Boast Boots to deal quite a bit of increased damage.
In order to be able to face elites in this manner, we've placed some additional defense in the build. Unity makes an appearance, granting 50% DR (assuming follower and follower token).
We also use Flame Ward, Safe Passage, Blur, Unwavering Will to our advantage, allowing us to both move and stand still, with Illusionist helping keep our EW damage bonus high. FB2 pc also gives us a nifty Revive.
Additonal multipliers Audacity and Trapped give us more damage when up close. Bone Chill for the additive damage when Halo of Arlyse procs Frost nova on enemies. Stricken improves our capability against single target, which would otherwise be somewhat of a weakness of the build.
Hergbrash's Binding and APoC on source help ensure we don't run low on resource, even with single target RGs. The Grand Vizier in the cube is one of our other multipliers, but it also happens to help save AP on manual casting of Meteor.
Etched Sigil AS Breakpoint:
Etched Sigil was bug fixed on the PTR. Its' ICD is now approximately 60 frames (1 second) as the item tooltip indicates. However, you need to stay in certain attack speed breakpoints to get as close to this ICD as possible, and subsequently proc etched sigil as fast as possible. See this link for the full breakpoint chart. The breakpoint we are looking to hit is:
- 1.538462538 AS to 1.666666667 AS or 12 Frames / Tick
This breakpoint is easy enough to hit. All you need to do is max out your attack speed in paragon. This will give you exactly 1.54 AS on sheet. If you happen to get stuck with an AS roll on weapon, don't fret, you can stay within this breakpoint even with an additional (unwanted) AS roll on weapon.
Meteor Shower Cast Rotation. Yes. You will want to manually cast meteor, even on a channeling build. This will bring down more meteors over time, and since we can channel during those impacts, this will bring more damage to the table than just channeling. However, you only want to manually cast meteor about once every 3 seconds.
Why 3 seconds? I timed both manually casting meteor shower and using meteor shower in combination with Etched Sigil + Arcane torrent.
- Manually casted meteor took 138 to 141 frames to have all 7 meteors impact from the initial time of cast.
- Channeled + manually cast meteor took 155 to 176 frames to have all 14 meteors impact from the initial time of cast.
Since 60 frames is equivalent to 1 second of game time, and 180 frames is 3 seconds, this puts the rotation for manually casting in between our channeled abillity at about once every 3 seconds.
- Immediately manually cast meteor.
- Continue holding down your channeling ability.
- Note that ES will continue to proc every second while holding down channeling.
- Wait until Meteors from both your initial ES proc and your manual cast finish impacting.
- Decide if you can stand and continue dpsing, or if you need to move your character (either dodge attacks, grouping, or for oculus) at this point.
- Rinse and repeat.
Note that manually casting a second time (before 3 seconds have passed) will likely decrease your overall damage, as you wouldn't be benefiting from the multipliers of DW + ES as often during your meteor impacts. This is why it is very important to not manually cast too often either.
Seeing as I'm missing 36% multiplier from my deathwish, missing the 10% damage roll on weapon, and missing 12% on source multiplier, and additionally cleared the GR109 in the video 2m 37s ahead of time, I'm rating this build GR112+. Granted, I spent at least 50 keys getting that 109 clear, but you'll be spending that many keys on a hard push anyways.
- Unstable Anomaly: Double revive is also very strong. However, the defense from UW is the better choice overall I think. UA is still a good swap for lower GRs. Swap out UW.
- Invigorating Gemstone: While not the best gem for solo pushing, this is a great substitute for lower than solo push gem ups or pseudo-speeds. I'd probably swap out either Taeguk or Stricken, depending on the GR level you're intending to go after. It makes you immune to CC, so no frozen, jailer, knockback, vortex, etc. However, wormhole still affects. This gem also gives a nice 30%+ healing received bonus, which works great for boosting LoH and recovery.
- For group speed build I now highly recommend AdamAdisco's FB meteor build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/95115