So, Roland got a significant buff in 2.6.1! More damage with buffed Roland, Golden Flense and Denial.
Actually Sweeper was the first solid Roland's build that made it to the top of leaderboards. It's very oldschool. And it was the first build which allowed me to enter TOP100 LB for Crusaders during season 3/ERA. I must say the build itself hasn't changed much since then! The skills are the same. Just the items have changed a little.
1) CDR is good of cause for higher uptime of Akarath's Champion and skills, but not mandatory. You can roll less CDR and more allres/vit/area_damage and use GOGOK instead of Bane of the Powerful (this is what i use).
2) I don't recomment rolling a lot of Area Damage. It will melt trash mobs fast, and since we replenish our wrath with Golden Flense in massive packs.. We will have wrath problems if we melt trash too fast. The key is to kill elite INSIDE a huge pack of trash, before we run out of wrath and before all trash melts.
3) Sweeping refreshes our Law and Iron Skin quickly. Akarath's Champion, however is not considered a "defensive skill", and is refreshed purely through CDR and ORotZ.
4) Drag Elites to a fresh trash packs and melt them inside.
1) Endurance instead of Draw and Quarter. Less density generated, but a little more mobility
2) Use Provoke - Charged Up/Cleanse instead of Steed Charge. This is not really bad and will help with CC/Wrath/Crowding/Healing and damage a lot. A matter of choice mostly, if you feel you are mobile enough with just Flash or need wrath for an RG fight.
4) In 2.4.2 mobs develop knockback/stun immunity quickly, but unfortunately there is no grouping skill left, better than Vacuum. Just move from pack to pack if you notice that mobs developed immunity, let it wear off.
You need to recover HP somehow, so LIFE ON HIT on weapon is your #1 priority. Or Life per Wrath Spent on weapon/shield, Life On Hit on bracers/helm. At least that, or you won't be able to survive. It was like that in season 3 and it's the same now. But in season 3 we also used Unity.
subscribe for more videos:
more builds: http://www.diablofans.com/members/225321-angry_roleplayer/builds