Convention of Elements
5th Passive: Indestructible, OR Holy Cause if you prefer to play Holy. If you don't have Hellfire amulet and play on HC, you can drop Towering Shield for Indestructible.
What I like about this build is a huge diversity in items and skills.
Listed here is the most “common” and affordable setup. It can all be changed, depending on what gear you actually have.
I’ve got a good ancient Andariel’s Visage with 20% Fire and 7%IAS. It’s the “premium” item for maximum dps. But it’s not very easy get one such as this, also with Andy you will run on really low life and CDR. Don’t forget you need everything ancient as well.
So, HELM options:
- MAX DPS: Andariel’s Visage
- MAX CDR/LIFE: Leoric’s Crown
- Mempho’s Twilight, for 7% attack speed, easy to get too cause it’s a common drop.
I doubt you are a hoarder like me, and have a legacy Magefist with “Fire damage” in blue. So just equip the “normal” one. If you don’t have a good magefist, we have options here as well
- MAX DPS: Magefist
- MAX TOUGHNESS: St. Archew’s Gage
- MAX CC: Stone Gauntlets
For shoulders you can pretty much use ANY high stat shoulders with all res and CDR. I prefer toughness all the way.
- DPS: Death Watch Mantle
- TOUGHNESS: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Any ancient with allres and CDR
Here goes the trick. If you have LEGACY Magefist equipped, you can cube a “normal” Magefist and wear Aquila’s Cuirass (like me in video). %Fire from Legacy magefist stacks with the “normal” one in the cube. If you don’t have legacy Magefist, you should equip ancient Cindercoat and have Aquila in cube. This way we will still have same amount of %Fire and toughness but -1 less stat, cause third stat is taken by %Fire on Cindercoat.
Swampland Waders with %Fire roll will give more DPS than any other pants. But since they drop ONLY for Witch Doctor now.. well, this is a problem.. Doubled by the fact that they also drop with INT.. and tripled by a chance to be non-ancient. So.. if you have ancient %Fire swampland waders = use them. If you don’t have them, it’s not a disaster = I specifically wanted to show you how I did 80 in Pox Faulds. They give around a 250 mill/sec AOE and are pretty decent. Easy to get as well.
- Illusory Boots are best, cause it’s easy to get stuck and die.
- Ice Climbers are decent. Can save you from being Frozen
- Boots of Disregard are also a good choice, cause you stand still quite a lot.
- MAX DPS: Witching Hour
- Or Hellcast Waisteguard
- MAX TOUGHNESS: String of Ears
Zei’s can be used instead of Esoteric or BotT. But I doubt you will survive without Esoteric.
Rubies and Diamonds can be mixed all around across the chest/pants/helm/shield for max dps/toughness.
Critical Hit Damage
Critical Hit Chance
Life on Hit
Resource Cost Reduction
attack speed-> chc/chc->cdr
life on hit->area damage
What’s up guys!
Blessed Shield is one the oldest crusader builds in existence, along with holy shotgun and fist of the heavens darklight builds. I used to play it back in the days with my Akkhan setup, but not very actively. It’s only this season when I found all necessary ancient gear to finally test the LoN version of the build. I must say it’s quite powerful, but incredibly hard to gear for. Please watch the video for full feedback and thoughts on the build.
I also would like to a add couple of things
- Holy version of the build is around 40% weaker than fire. Simply because it’s possible to stack A LOT OF FIRE damage and not much Holy damage. I tried both of cause.
- Always fight in density
- Fire% damage is first priority stat
- Life on Hit is second priority. Weapon is a best choice for this, then rings.
- CDR is not overimportant, as well as area damage. Both are good, but hardly any place for them in the stats as you need a lot of CHD/CHC/IAS/life
- Don’t forget you need everything ancient to maximize damage
- Skip Waller completely, as well as Missile Dampening and Shielding.
- Illusionist is your best friendm however!
- Single target damage still sucks even with the bracers. RG without adds can take up to several minutes.
- Watch for fire COE rotation. Try to build up stacks before that
- Aim the elite ALL THE TIME. Remember how Akkhan’s Manacles work.
- Overall, any crusader melee build above 80 is squishy as hell, so you have to rely on recovery and not toughness.
- Supporting legendaries have no specific attack speed modifiers, so additional attack speed is very good for the build.
I’ve tried a lot of different skills and there’s a lot of variety here
- Iron Skin – Flash, if you don’t have Illusory Boots
- Consecration – Shattered Ground. A little more AOE damage, recovery, as well as stacks stricken. Good choice all around.
- Shield Glare – Divine Verdict. 20% more damage but you lose crazy effect of Uncertainty. Only use if you don’t die often.
- Judgement – Debilitate, huge cc/debuff.
- Laws of Justice – Decaying Strength – super huge debuff. My favorite survival skill.
- Provoke – Too Scared to Run = more cc
subscribe for more videos:
more builds: http://www.diablofans.com/members/225321-angry_roleplayer/builds