I wanted to test this build since forever!
This is the very first Crusader "build" in history and it was one of the most effective builds in 2.0 when Crusader was introduced in Reaper of Souls.
Paragon 1000 was achieved in T6 with this build
1) Maximum CDR possible without Leoric's Crown is 53,29% (with 10% in paragon 10% on weapon and 8% on shield). 95% Akarath uptime and just over a 1 second of downtime
2) Minimal CDR for 100% Akarath's uptime is 56%. This can only be achieved with Leoric's Crown either cubed or equipped.
3) Toughness is VERY VERY problematical here. Run around when you see you will die, wait for HOLY rotation, then blind enemies and start firing.
4) It is possible to cube Aquila's Cuirass', but it's bonus is quite problematical to maintain. Can still be done though. With the active Law and Akarath, single cast of HF will cost you 9 wrath (with 10% RCR in paragon), and since Akkhan's Addendum refills you with 10 wrath per second you will never run out of wrath, while the Law is still active. The Law is active for 10 seconds with the passive, and the downtime of the Law is around 3,5-3 seconds. For these 3,5 seconds your shots will start draining you for around 8 wrath per attack. This is when you will drop below 90% required resource for Aquila's bonus. This is not much, but can cost you life.
5) Using Akkhan's Addendum in hand and cubing Furnace is bad idea. Fate of the Fell effectively TRIPLES your damage.
6) Cord of the Sherma is a very understimated belt. It procs often and it procs your bracers really good. String of Ears is better for toughness though. And Vigilante Belt for more CDR.
7) With Akkhan's Addendum we can use Hasteful rune which gives massive attack speed boost. Attack speed on gear is not overimportant though, each 7% will just give you around 3% dps. One 5-7% on weapon is enough.
8) CDR on weapon is VERY important if you plan to reach 53,29% without Leoric's Crown
9) Shield Glare - Divine Verdict is possible for more DPS.
10) all ranged mobs are HORRIBLE.
I am still testing the potential in both SOLO and GROUPS . Heaven's Fury ramps up infinitely with attacks and Shield of Fury.
With my current gear, i do this damage to Blinded enemies in Holy rotation:
5 stacks of stricken/SOF: 56 BILLION DPS
10 stacks: 87 BILLION DPS
20 stacks: 160 BILLION DPS
50 stacks (on RG for example): 477 BILLION PER SECOND. lol
overall the problems of this build are all from akkhan set itself:
1) Low toughness. Very hard to survive
2) Wrath management problems without very high CDR/skills uptime.
3) Very low damage in the beginning, have to jump around and "ramp up".
Let's hope akkhan will get a solid buff in the future!
good CDR calculator here:
or just load: http://www.d3planner.com/
subscribe for more videos:
more builds: http://www.diablofans.com/members/225321-angry_roleplayer/builds