Despite the Ring of Emptiness nerfs, we managed to make a Gargantuan build with Helltooth that works well in groups – and it even uses Sacrifice!
Please note: I always keep my diablo fans guides up to date and will be making adjustments to the guide whenever there is a shift in meta! so be sure to check back, and vote on the guide!
Basic game-play strategy:
- Maintain 10 Soul Harvest stacks & harvest enemies on cooldown
- Spam Sacrifice for the damage buff
- Use Big Bad Vodoo when fighting elites to buff yourself
- Use Spirit Walk to escape death in dangerous situations
- Resummon Gargantuan on elites when they get stuck on the wrong enemies (aka not elites)
- Piranhas - Piranhado over Big Bad Voodoo (more consistent damage buff, but overall weaker)
Gear and Legendary Gem setup and variations:
- Bane of the Powerful - Swap out Bane of the Stricken for speed GRs (lower levels where bosses are a non-issue)
- String of Ears - Swap out Witching Hour for even more toughness
For normal gems, use Topaz for more Intelligence in Armor slots, Emerald for Critical Hit Damage in the Weapon and an Amethyst for more Life in the Helmet.
Hellfire Passive/Alternative setups:
- Swampland Attunement (swap out Gruesome Feast - less damage but a huge toughness boost in density)
- Pierce the Veil (swap out Gruesome Feast - more consistent damage buff: higher damage on boss, less damage during the rift)
If you liked the guide, then come follow my stream @ >>> www.twitch.tv/quin69 <<< for more D3 action! When i go live, Any questions that you guys have - I can answer for you live on stream!
Be sure to check back on the guide every now and then! as i am always making minor changes.